GeekGold Bonus for All Supporters at year's end: 1000!
9,128 Supporters
$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
18 Days Left

Support:

Recommend
 Thumb up
 Hide
20 Posts

Star Trek: Attack Wing» Forums » General

Subject: Enterprise-E rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Enrico
Italy
Milano
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
How much time do we should wait for Enterprise-E model?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Don D.
United States
Miami
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
mae68it wrote:
How much time do we should wait for Enterprise-E model?

I want it yesterday. My guess is they will release alongside a Borg Cube as "oversized" models a la X Wing's slave/falcon.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cap'n Ginger
United States
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
I'd rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotomy
mbmbmbmbmb
They do have a sculpt already made for the Enterprise-E, so I would presume it's closer to the "hypothetical Wave 4-5" end of the scale than the "heat death of the universe" end of the scale.

(Fingers crossed and all that.)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
traitor armor
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
dond80 wrote:

I want it yesterday. My guess is they will release alongside a Borg Cube as "oversized" models a la X Wing's slave/falcon.

Really?

If this is accurate......(is it by the way?)

That doesn't seem to be a very convincing reason to make the Enterprise E an oversized base ship.

The Tactical Cube for sure.....the 'E' seems unlikely.

As for when to expect the Enterprise E......I would imagine that if Attack Wing continues to do well that it might be one of the headliners for the second ....um.......season/release scheduled(?).....not in the first 27 ships.

They have to hold onto some of the headliners for future release if they want to continue to have new 'hey I've been waiting for that ship' come up.

==========================
Agreed with Cpt Ginger, they have the sculpt it's not a matter of 'if', its a matter of 'when'.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Kelly
United States
Florence
South Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I feel your pain because I wanted Borgs when the game released!!!! shake

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scooter of the Ancients
United States
West Chester
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
traitorarmor wrote:

That doesn't seem to be a very convincing reason to make the Enterprise E an oversized base ship.

Agreed. I can't find its length, but I don't think the E is much bigger than the Neg'vhar, and that's not 'oversized.' I don't think Ent-E will be.

The BORG on the other hand...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Don D.
United States
Miami
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
That image does not seem accurate at all. Take a look at the shots from the beginning of First Contact of the E swooping in to join the fleet. It dwarfs all the other ships- there is one shot where it come off screen and completely covers another ship. The defiant I think. They don't seem too concerned with being fully accurate on scale, so I could see them going either way and making this a small or large model. They will want to make large models bc that means more $$$.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Keith Anderson
United States
Tulsa
Oklahoma
flag msg tools
I'll play the Klingons
badge
I'll play the Klingons
mbmbmbmb
Have to admit I'm not familiar with those two Enterprise pictured under the E. Where do they come from? I cannot say I care for them, something about the warp's size & shape seems...dare I say...cartoony

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Don D.
United States
Miami
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
GamePlayer wrote:
Have to admit I'm not familiar with those two Enterprise pictured under the E. Where do they come from? I cannot say I care for them, something about the warp's size & shape seems...dare I say...cartoony

Me neither...and I am a huge Trekkie...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
traitor armor
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Those other 2 I believe are supposed to be the JJ-Prise (and an attempt at figuring out how big its supposed to be)

dond80 wrote:
That image does not seem accurate at all. Take a look at the shots from the beginning of First Contact of the E swooping in to join the fleet. It dwarfs all the other ships- there is one shot where it come off screen and completely covers another ship. The defiant I think. They don't seem too concerned with being fully accurate on scale, so I could see them going either way and making this a small or large model. They will want to make large models bc that means more $$$.

That's ridiculous. shake

They aren't going to just toss ships on random bases and call it a day.

Now the scale range of the regular size base might not be to your liking, but that's a slightly different topic.

And of course it would completely cover the Defiant.....the Defiant it a little ship (sorry Worf, it's true!) the Defiant is only 120m compared the the E(685m) and the D(642m) in this comparison...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Will Holsclaw
United States
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Mordaenor wrote:
traitorarmor wrote:

Agreed. I can't find its length, but I don't think the E is much bigger than the Neg'vhar, and that's not 'oversized.' I don't think Ent-E will be.

The BORG on the other hand...

In First Contact, Picard says the Enterprise-E is "almost 700 meters long." Assuming the D's size is as well established as it appears, that makes the E longer but narrower than the D. Therefore it's a little smaller in terms of volume.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom Nute
Canada
Burnaby
British Columbia
flag msg tools
badge
CORNbread, ain't nothin' wrong with that
mbmbmbmbmb
Traitor beat me to it... The bottom 2 Enterprise ships in the picture are the JJ Abrams' movies ships.

As for the question about the size of the Enterprise-E, Traitor's image is correct (and so is the original image). A quick check on Memory Alpha confirms the length of the Enterprise-E as 685m.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Don D.
United States
Miami
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
traitorarmor wrote:
Those other 2 I believe are supposed to be the JJ-Prise (and an attempt at figuring out how big its supposed to be)

dond80 wrote:

That's ridiculous. shake

They aren't going to just toss ships on random bases and call it a day.

Now the scale range of the regular size base might not be to your liking, but that's a slightly different topic.

And of course it would completely cover the Defiant.....the Defiant it a little ship (sorry Worf, it's true!) the Defiant is only 120m compared the the E(685m) and the D(642m) in this comparison...

Slow down there, hoss. No need to be snarky. We are talking about little plastic toys, right?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
traitor armor
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
dond80 wrote:
Slow down there, hoss. No need to be snarky. We are talking about little plastic toys, right?

Sorry, wasn't going for snark.

Just strong, but friendly, disagreement. laugh

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas Koziatek
United States
Columbus
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
WK will utilize the current E model from Tactics, so it will still fit on a small base.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Trueflight Silverwing
United States
Waverly
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I wouldn't expect to see one for a while. They have a ton of other models already made to choose from because of Star Trek Tactics Heroclix. I think it is going to be a while as they use the other ones first.

Forgot there was an E in there. It was almost the same size as the Galaxy model. A little longer, but not as wide. I will have to dig mine out and get a pic.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan M D Thomas
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I just wonder what the firing arc and point value will be. Ideally, I'd like to see a 180 degree front arc along with the standard rear arc and a 32 point named ship with some beefed up shields/hull from the D or possibly a 5th attack dice, but I doubt it. Since the QT's are 5 attack dice, I doubt any federation ship goes over 4 attack.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
traitor armor
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ender02 wrote:
Forgot there was an E in there. It was almost the same size as the Galaxy model. A little longer, but not as wide. I will have to dig mine out and get a pic.

No need.

Most pic requirements for sculpt scale issues are solved with the Fleet Captains album

(as always, I used painted versions as they are pretty cool )

by zeljkov020, I believe

The 'E' verses a Galaxy-Class ship (not the Enterprise D) but the USS Venture.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nico
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Those are beautiful. Are they your work?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
traitor armor
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
They are not.

Zeljkov020 posted those so I believe that would be his work.

The Fleet Captains album is a great look thought if anyone wants to take a look at how detailed the sculpts really are.

I do painting in Heroclix (they look decent, but not high grade work) but never got around to doing my Fleet Captains as ST:Tactics came out and I would have just sculpt swapped.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.