Subject: Ghost Stories rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
United States
Geneva
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thoughts on Ghost Stories....How is the theme?.. Does this game stay fresh...What about Expansions...Thanks...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
"Music That Glows In The Dark"
mbmbmbmbmb
Review
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andreas Becker
United States
Los Angeles
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I can't speak to the expansions, but I have the base game and I love it. The game is brutal. Sometimes you'll feel completely overwhelmed by the cards, and will really need to make the best use of each character, their location on the board, their abilities, etc. The art is absolutely fantastic, if you haven't already looked at photos on BGG. As for the game staying fresh, I think it does. In part, this is due to the difficulty, but also the fact that you can have different powers, a different board layout, different bosses, etc. Highly recommended!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Silver Bowen
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
Woo! Gonna get some
badge
44, that's me!
mbmbmbmbmb
It's good. It will take a few plays (probably) to appreciate just how good. The theme is solid and fun (better than Pandemic and such), but still puzzley and somewhat abstract. The art is gorgeous, the plastic is good, the cardboard decent, and the rest of the components are so-so. My cards were showing wear when I opened the game and I've had to DIY replacements for my sticky and smeary dice. Customer service wasn't any help. The rules are not a good translation, but plenty of aids and summaries are available in the file section. That should just about cover it

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
☆ ✧ ☆ ✧ ☆
United States
Minneapolis
Minnesota
flag msg tools
Looking at these stars suddenly dwarfed my own troubles and all the gravities of terrestrial life. I thought of their unfathomable distance, and the slow inevitable drift of their movements out of the unknown past into the unknown future. H.G. Wells
badge
Humankind has not woven the web of life. We are but one thread within it. Whatever we do to the web, we do to ourselves. All things are bound together. All things connect. Chief Seattle
mbmbmbmbmb
I have around thirty plays. Like it quite a bit. I'm not really interested in playing with an inexperienced group, but would play again with my regular group or with people who know what they are doing.

The theme is fantastic, the art on the cards is well done. There are a lot of tough and punishing decisions to be made and a decent amount of luck as well. I have never played with an expansion and personally think I am out of the expansion buying business altogether. You can up the difficulty so that gives even experienced groups a challenge. I like that it can play solo and have even considered playing it solo (a stunning achievement for a board game given I have hundreds of video games).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.