Popular Tags: [View All]
sean johnson
United States
Edinburgh
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I am thinking about getting this game, but i have a couple of questions.

First, in your experience how supported is this game? I know there are plans for regular store events but do stores seem to be getting behind this game? In your experience are opponents readily available? My wife will not play this one, so I will need other people to play against.

Second, how sturdy are the miniatures? Will they hold up to handling by a four year old?

Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scooter of the Ancients
United States
West Chester
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
SeanXor wrote:
Second, how sturdy are the miniatures? Will they hold up to handling by a four year old?

I wouldn't recommend standing on them, but my two year old hasn't damaged them yet. I would say they are pretty sturdy.

If these forums are anything to go by, there seems to be alot of players out there, but that vary depending on where you live. You might try posting in the folder for your region that you are looking for an opponent and see who responds.

http://boardgamegeek.com/forum/82/boardgamegeek/game-groups

Fortunately, I married a Gamer and a Trekkie, so I never have trouble finding an opponent.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Larry DeStefano
United States
Bloomingburg
New York
flag msg tools
I find the minatures uninspiring compared to SW but they are much sturdier and have held up well so far. My wife wont play so i play at a local store and they have hosted events and once i set up i always get in several pickup games...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Don D.
United States
Miami
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
There is a very healthy scene here in Miami, I have no idea what it looks like elsewhere. If all else fails, just go to the local store and setup a battle and fight yourself. Guaranteed that people will look on and take interest.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jared Voshall
United States
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
SeanXor wrote:
I am thinking about getting this game, but i have a couple of questions.

First, in your experience how supported is this game? I know there are plans for regular store events but do stores seem to be getting behind this game? In your experience are opponents readily available? My wife will not play this one, so I will need other people to play against.

Thanks!

Thrown the ships mostly unprotected in a baggy inside the main box, roughly handled in a flight halfway across the country and back, coming out with only a few chips on one of the ships along the way. These things are plenty durable, so I wouldn't worry much about that aspect of them.
In my experience, this game is also well supported, with each of the main gaming venues near me having an OP even upcoming soon.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas Koziatek
United States
Columbus
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Same here. I would cringe handling the X-Wing minis, they seemed so light and breakable. These are capital ships, thus far bulkier than fighters, and nothing short of a dramatic impact should damage them.

As to support, there is a thriving OP event running, additional Waves of ships already announced (29 total thus far), and most local stores have some type of playing occurring. Plenty of playability for some time ago.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
O B
United States
Mountainview
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
SeanXor wrote:

Thanks!

My five year old not only handled the ships with no breakage, she actually did my wash painting for them.

Yes I'm working on a video titled "Painting Attack Wing Miniatures is Child's Play!"
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nico
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
adorablerocket wrote:

Yes I'm working on a video titled "Painting Attack Wing Miniatures is Child's Play!"

You made me smile. Thank you for that. I needed it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aaron Morgan
United States
Sacramento
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
SeanXor wrote:

They feel much less fragile than my X-Wing minis, and as long as your kid's not playing roughly with them, you shouldn't have any problems.

The only thing I'd worry about is the pegs that attach the ships to the bases. None of mine have broken (X-Wing or ST), and I've had about a dozen kids from 6 and up play with my minis at a demo day, but they all apparently had great parents who taught them to handle other people's belongings carefully.

I always use single pegs on my ships - less places for something to break, and if I do break one, there'll be plenty of spares.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bippy the Goat
msg tools
mbmb
The minis are decently solid, but the little plastic connectors to put the stems in are fragile.

Also: the original Enterprise broke the first day I played with it. I tried to lift it off the stand by an engine and it popped off. Now it needs glue. Don't buy that one if you are looking for sturdy. (It is a good ship, gamewise, though.)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Todd McCorkle
United States
Anderson
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Mordaenor wrote:
Fortunately, I married a Gamer and a Trekkie, so I never have trouble finding an opponent.

JEALOUS!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas Landy
Canada
Winnipeg
Manitoba
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The wee Enterprise is pretty fragile.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aaron Morgan
United States
Sacramento
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
kusinohki wrote:
Mordaenor wrote:

JEALOUS!

I tell folks I'm in a "mixed marriage". I'm the Trekkie, she's the Star Wars geek.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.