Popular Tags: [View All]
Jean-Luc Simard
Canada
Longueuil
Qu├ębec
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
With the Month 1 event behind, I am now starting to prep for the Month 2 scenario.

One thing about the scenario is that it doesn't give any benefit for players to move toward the opponent (contrary to the first one, where you at least wanted to deny control of DS9 and its firepower to your opponent if you couldn't get it for yourself.

With that in mind, I'm thinking about a build where I move forward very slowly at the beginning from one of the sides, keeping a big ship with Data on board closest to the only OWP that could fire on the fleet. Unless the opponent is doing the same, he would have to face fire from one or several OWP while going forward, as once he is committed there is no easy way out from the OWPs fire but forward.

The main question is what to do if I encounter a mirror strategy. Then we would both be moving forward slowly until we are now targeted by the center OWPs, with luck mostly determining who get hit the most.

Thoughts?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Benhart
United States
Minneapolis
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
There's an OP 2 thread going on over here: http://boardgamegeek.com/thread/1041265/op-month-2-threads.

Yes, moving slowly forward while waiting for your opponent to cross the OWP fire zone is an option. So is starting in the opposite corner and just running away while the OWP shoots at them.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.