Ronster Zero
United States
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
sorry, that sucks. I enjoy both of those games.

While I don't have a cheap copy of them, here is some GeekGold.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Quijanoth
United States
Crown Point
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Alright, I don't want to be THAT guy, but...someone has to. So, our new friend (a little more than three months old) David claims to have had a copy of Pathfinder and Sentinels stolen, and is here now looking for a "demo copy" or some kind of super-sympathetic deal on the one of the hotter games right now? Is this just the tiniest bit suspicious? I mean, no offense Dave...if you're for real, that is truly a bummer.

BUT, it seems a little...jeesh, I don't know, like, presumptuous to just join the community and expect us to step up because you can't keep track of your stuff. And this whole "I don't think I'll ever get a copy" line...I'm not sure I understand it. Are you saying you don't think you'll ever be able to cobble together another $40 for this, or apparently any other, game? Just confusing.
Look, if the more charitable among us want to step up for this guy, more power to you, but...I dunno...the situation (not the person; must emphasize that...not trying to attack you personally, Dave) seems very suspect TO ME. Sorry for the (likely) ruffled feathers. I'm not the forum police or anything, but posts like this just get my spider sense tingling.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Boardgame
United Kingdom
Penrith
Cumbria
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I think you may be jumping to conclusions, card games do get stolen. For example, see this recent thread by one KrynnDeathKnight:

Where to find this again

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
A O
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
where is this game store located?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Boardgame
United Kingdom
Penrith
Cumbria
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Incidentally, my wife won't let me buy a copy of Pathfinder, and my gaming buddy who has a copy is too busy playing his solo to bring it round for me to try out - if any kind-hearted geeks have a spare copy lying around...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Troy Hughes
United States
Orlando
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
droshack wrote:
schkff wrote:
I think you may be jumping to conclusions, card games do get stolen. For example, see this recent thread by one KrynnDeathKnight:

Where to find this again

LOL - is that really the same person claiming to have been stolen from twice in the span of 2 weeks?

Either someone is running a low-rent scam or goes to the wrong games store.

Time to change tactics or change venues. Yes, no?

Since KrynnDeathKnight deleted his OP there, and the OP did here as well, I'm thinking the venue is not the problem...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Boardgame
United Kingdom
Penrith
Cumbria
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
redjack11 wrote:
droshack wrote:
schkff wrote:

Where to find this again

LOL - is that really the same person claiming to have been stolen from twice in the span of 2 weeks?

Either someone is running a low-rent scam or goes to the wrong games store.

Time to change tactics or change venues. Yes, no?

Since KrynnDeathKnight deleted his OP there, and the OP did here as well, I'm thinking the venue is not the problem...

Let's not be hasty. How do you know he deleted the posts? They might have been... stolen!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Franka
United States
San Antonio
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmb
Oh no! Now it looks like KrynnDeathKnight's entire ACCOUNT has been stolen! Do these thieves have no SHAME?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Boardgame
United Kingdom
Penrith
Cumbria
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
This is a sad day for boardgaming. I hope any doubters are now hanging their heads in shame. Who will be next?! Let this thread remain as a memorial - and a warning! Guard your games well, my friends. First they will come for your Last Night on Earths. Then they will come for your Pathfinder Adventure Card Games. Then they will come for you! Lock your doors, load your rifles. They are coming! Heed KrynnDeathKnight's piteous warning before it is too late!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Purple Paladin

California
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Is this that new "Gamefishing" internet scam I've heard of? surprise
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Donny Behne
United States
Fate
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
www.punchboardmedia.com/geaux-gaming/
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
schkff wrote:
This is a sad day for boardgaming. I hope any doubters are now hanging their heads in shame. Who will be next?! Let this thread remain as a memorial - and a warning! Guard your games well, my friends. First they will come for your Last Night on Earths. Then they will come for your Pathfinder Adventure Card Games. Then they will come for you! Lock your doors, load your rifles. They are coming! Heed KrynnDeathKnight's piteous warning before it is too late!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wes Wagner
United States
Happy Valley
Oregon
flag msg tools
Seriously ... I am a hardcore gamer.
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
How do I nominate this thread for Thread of the Year! ? :)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Purple Paladin

California
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ken B.
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
No one has ever stolen my games, but this thread has stolen my heart.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.