Subject: Investigator Miniatures: Out of Print? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Andrew
Canada
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
In brightest day, in blackest night, No evil shall escape my sight. Let those who worship evil's might, beware my power, Green Lantern's light!!!
mbmbmbmbmb
So, I finally decided to pick up a complete set of the painted miniatures only to find out that they are out of stock at every site that has ever carried them. You can find singles on FFG's store and various places around the net but there are some characters that are completely sold out and I want all of them, missing some of them would drive me nuts.

I emailed FFG and got a typical PR response saying they have nothing to announce at this time and to check their front page if they ever do...

There are no listings for them under their "Upcoming" section either so is it safe to assume what's out there is all that's left...ever?

Anyone have any inside info on the status of these minis? or know of any obscure sites still selling them? I mean you can't even find them on eBay.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
If Actions Speak Louder Than Words, Then Actions x2 Speak Louder Than Actions
United States
Las Vegas
Nevada
flag msg tools
badge
One of the Original Twelve
mbmbmbmbmb
Their resale value will now be through the roof!

(You'd have to be insane to resell your minis.)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan
United States
San Diego
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
There's a Trades forum here with a Game Parts subforum. I think that's your best bet. Sometimes people have duplicates so you may get lucky on one or two.

Trades Forum: http://www.boardgamegeek.com/forum/13/boardgamegeek/trades

Edit: FWIW, I feel your pain. I have passed on several games and accessories that I've wanted to own thinking, "I'll pick it up later," only to have them go out of print. The best encouragement I can give is that if the miniatures were popular enough to sell out then they're probably popular enough to reprint. (Reprint?)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Walt Winfrey
United States
Lynchburg
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm still kicking myself for not buying the full set when CSI had them in stock a few weeks ago...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joanna G
United States
Laguna Niguel
CA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You might get lucky and find them on ebay. I kept checking every day since deciding to get them a couple weeks ago (must have JUST missed them when CSI had them, they were out of stock when I checked) and saw a Buy It Now auction late last week. I'm sure you'll be able to find a set, just keep looking!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom Hoefle
Germany
Ebersbach
Bayern
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
http://www.amazon.de/Arkham-pre-painted-figures-Investigator...

if that helps
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Bellevue
NE
flag msg tools
badge
mb
Bummer. I might have been able to get more for mine. I sold traded my complete set for $200 worth of games just a couple of months ago.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew
Canada
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
In brightest day, in blackest night, No evil shall escape my sight. Let those who worship evil's might, beware my power, Green Lantern's light!!!
mbmbmbmbmb
wwinfrey wrote:
I'm still kicking myself for not buying the full set when CSI had them in stock a few weeks ago...

Same. CSI seemed to always have them in stock so I figured I could wait it out until I had the extra cash to blow...really regretting that now.

Hopefully I get lucky searching eBay, although I'd really prefer to not overpay too much and once eBay sellers catch on that they're not readily available anymore I expect they'll be selling full sets for $400+ rather than the $192-200 range.

Xorron wrote:

That'll be around $320 Canadian before shipping... honestly, I'm tempted but that is just too much. Thanks though!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Griffin
United States
Renton
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Unpainted versions of all of the base game investigators are available via Mansions of Madness and its two large expansions.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Doc Corvid
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm surprised no one has brought this up yet, but even if they are currently out of print I think it's a fairly safe bet they will manufacture another batch simply because a) they were really popular judging from comments on the Geek, and more importantly b) Eldritch Horror uses investigators from AH and they would be dumb not to make at least those investigators available as early as possible.

I haven't bought any of the minis so I'm in the same boat as you. Fingers crossed.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew
Canada
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
DJGryph wrote:
Unpainted versions of all of the base game investigators are available via Mansions of Madness and its two large expansions.

I never even thought of this and I own the base game, although I haven't played it or looked at it since release...

...but it turns out the 4 minis that are out of stock everywhere I already own from this game (unpainted but they will do for now). So, I ordered the other 44 from FFG's store and will be hoping/waiting on a restock of the other 4 because I have ZERO painting skills.

Rianane wrote:
There's a Trades forum here with a Game Parts subforum. I think that's your best bet. Sometimes people have duplicates so you may get lucky on one or two.

Trades Forum: http://www.boardgamegeek.com/forum/13/boardgamegeek/trades

Edit: FWIW, I feel your pain. I have passed on several games and accessories that I've wanted to own thinking, "I'll pick it up later," only to have them go out of print. The best encouragement I can give is that if the miniatures were popular enough to sell out then they're probably popular enough to reprint. (Reprint?)

Thanks for the tip!

I posted a thread on that forum for the last 4 I need, hopefully I get lucky.

DocCorvid wrote:
I'm surprised no one has brought this up yet, but even if they are currently out of print I think it's a fairly safe bet they will manufacture another batch simply because a) they were really popular judging from comments on the Geek, and more importantly b) Eldritch Horror uses investigators from AH and they would be dumb not to make at least those investigators available as early as possible.

I haven't bought any of the minis so I'm in the same boat as you. Fingers crossed.

Good point. Once Eldritch Horror releases (Can't wait!) there will be 4 games you can use these with so it would make sense to restock them.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Xuzu Horror
United States
Milwaukee
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Yep yep. Once I heard about Eldritch Horror my sanity role finally failed (or perhaps succeeded...hmmmm) and I finally bought the investigator miniatures.

Actually, I think I may have been the last set sold through CSI.

I'm still on the fence about getting the monsters. They look very cool, but they take up so much room (both on the board and to store). And, if I get them how many would I get. Having painted versions of what is used by MoM may be cool though....I have thought about that. (MoM with expansions includes all monsters from wave 1 except the Hunting Horror and also includes the Nightgaunt (wave 5) - I have an exact breakdown if anyone is interested, but that is likely served better in a separate post - in all would cost $114+$16+$56 to get enough for base and 2 expansions - the prices include duplicate figures where they exist such as 4 zombies, etc; just one of each is about the cost of wave 1)

I am glad I got the investigators though since they take up the least room and can be used easily with the most games. I even can use them on Elder Sign. I always have a hard time finding where I put the small Elder Sign investigator tokens!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jack Francisco
United States
Cumberland
Rhode Island
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I may be convinced to part with my set. Still debating...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas Robb
United States
Calais
Maine
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

according to my notes and purchases
there are 4 monster miniatures that have never been
offered by FFG

Barnabas Marsh
Deep One Hybrid
Priest of Dagon
Tendril of Nyogtha

I emailed FFG and got the standard b.....t
answer

so I guess they are probably never going to
make the final 4 monsters ?????
cry
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joanna G
United States
Laguna Niguel
CA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
They just released the pre-painted Nightgaunt after it showed up in Mansions of Madness Call of the Wild, so I wouldn't give up hope - if Mansions has an Innsmouth-like expansion in the future, they could very well release pre-painted minis of those monsters.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Chamberland
United States
Charlotte
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If you look at the product ids for the monsters, it's obvious the Nightgaunt and the 4 missing minis should have been released as part of wave 3. It's a little concerning that after more than a year the missing minis still haven't been done.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh Lloyd
Canada
Saskatoon
Saskatchewan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I could have sworn someone was selling his whole set a couple days ago in an auction. Don't know which one though.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Xuzu Horror
United States
Milwaukee
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I know this doesn't help you specifically since you already bought most of them.

But if anyone else is still looking for them, I saw the following in the BGG marketplace:

http://www.boardgamegeek.com/geekstore.php3?action=viewitem&...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Bellevue
NE
flag msg tools
badge
mb
xuzuthor wrote:
I know this doesn't help you specifically since you already bought most of them.

But if anyone else is still looking for them, I saw the following in the BGG marketplace:

http://www.boardgamegeek.com/geekstore.php3?action=viewitem&...

Ha! Those are MY investigator figures that I traded to sirgalin. All mint in blister, never played or opened, the complete set. I don't even remember what I got for them as I thought I had sold the minis, not traded them. I think Terra Mystica, Through the Ages and some other stuff. Wonder why he no longer wants them.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Xuzu Horror
United States
Milwaukee
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
My best guess would be that it is hard to justify $200 on bling for a game unless you play it quite often. Or, since it seems he's a mini painter, maybe he wishes he could have painted them all himself instead.

I play Arkham/Elder Sign quite often so I will get my money's worth (and eventually I'll use Mansions of Madness and Eldritch Horror too).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick Bolton
England
Devizes
Wiltshire
flag msg tools
nothing to see here, move along
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
thomasrobb wrote:

according to my notes and purchases
there are 4 monster miniatures that have never been
offered by FFG

Barnabas Marsh
Deep One Hybrid
Priest of Dagon
Tendril of Nyogtha

I emailed FFG and got the standard b.....t
answer

so I guess they are probably never going to
make the final 4 monsters ?????
cry

I hope we will see them one day. It's annoying not to have the whole set.

You can get the Tendril, the Star Spawn is the other missing one.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Xuzu Horror
United States
Milwaukee
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Out of all the ones remaining. Star Spawn always surprised me the most
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew Sigal
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm not sure if you heard, but there will be a Canadian "Arkham Nights" event in November, held in Toronto.

On top of getting to play Eldritch Horror and all the other games, I have been told that the people putting on the event (Lion Rampart Games Distribution) will be bringing AH investigator minis to the event for sale

(they won't be selling games because they don't want to step on the toes of the stores they distribute to, so I believe the minis are the only merch that will be available)

I'm also not sure if they will be bringing monster minis as well. But you could easily find out!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.