World in Flames» Forums » Rules

Subject: Resources across straits. Again. rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Rober Khan
Spain
flag msg tools
mbmb
Hi, people! It has been a long time since last read! We're running a thrilling Global Campaign with some new friends from a Spanish forum, but, sadly, none of us has time enough to write a proper review.
However, we need the wisdom of BGG once again to solve some rules interpretations.
We are playing with RAW 2004 and Limited overseas supply (Option 11) and Limited access across straits (Option 12). Just because we like to say "yes" to any possible optional, even if don't really understand how it works. And yes, I've asked this before. It's simply bigger than me. My Nemesis. So, some questions:
1- Do I need a CP to trace supply across a strait?
2- Does the uncontested presence of enemy units in all adjacent sea areas prevent supply from being traced across such a strait?
3- Do I need a CP to transport a resource across a strait?
4- Does the uncontested presence of enemy units in all adjacent sea areas prevent the resource from being transported?

In our case, Germany and the USSR are at war. The Black Sea is empty.
5- Can Germany still transport the Turkish resource and the Iraqui Oil through Istambul?
6- Could Germany still do it if uncontested Russian SCS were in the Black Sea?

As usual, thanks a lot, guys!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wendell
United States
Yellow Springs
Ohio
flag msg tools
Si non potes reperire Berolini in tabula, ludens essetis non WIF.
badge
Hey, get your stinking cursor off my face! I got nukes, you know.
mbmbmbmbmb
Roberkhan wrote:

1- Do I need a CP to trace supply across a strait?

No

Roberkhan wrote:
2- Does the uncontested presence of enemy units in all adjacent sea areas prevent supply from being traced across such a strait?

This is from the FAQ, on ADG's website (I had to look because I didn't remember the answer): Yes. If you are playing with options 11 AND 12, if there are enemy units present in the sea area, you can only satisfy the condition for option 12 if you have a CP, TRS or AMPH in the sea area.

Roberkhan wrote:
3- Do I need a CP to transport a resource across a strait?

No

Roberkhan wrote:
4- Does the uncontested presence of enemy units in all adjacent sea areas prevent the resource from being transported?

Yes

Roberkhan wrote:
In our case, Germany and the USSR are at war. The Black Sea is empty.
5- Can Germany still transport the Turkish resource and the Iraqui Oil through Istambul?

Yes (assuming you are entitled to the Iraqi oil!)

Roberkhan wrote:
6- Could Germany still do it if uncontested Russian SCS were in the Black Sea?

No
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rober Khan
Spain
flag msg tools
mbmb
Man, recieve a big, fat, enormous "Thank you!" Not only did you fix this black spot for me forever, you also allowed me to recieve the iraqui oil this turn, to which I am entitled and which I direly need!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Blorsh Blorsh
Spain
flag msg tools
mbmb
In our case, Germany-Italy and CW-France are all at war.
5- Can France still transport resources through North Africa-Gibraltar-Spain-France if an Italian scs is present at Western Mediterranean but no axis naval unit at cape St. Vincent?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wendell
United States
Yellow Springs
Ohio
flag msg tools
Si non potes reperire Berolini in tabula, ludens essetis non WIF.
badge
Hey, get your stinking cursor off my face! I got nukes, you know.
mbmbmbmbmb
Blorsh wrote:
In our case, Germany-Italy and CW-France are all at war.
5- Can France still transport resources through North Africa-Gibraltar-Spain-France if an Italian scs is present at Western Mediterranean but no axis naval unit at cape St. Vincent?

Depends - do you have a CP, TRS, or AMPH in one of the sea areas? Because if you are playing with options 11 AND 12, if there are enemy units present
in the sea area, you can only satisfy the condition for option 12 if you have a CP, TRS or AMPH in the sea area.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.