Popular Tags: [View All]
John Van Wagoner
United States
Bluffton
South Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
has it come and gone already? or is there somewhere else to get it? thanks...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kyle Mann
United States
Fontana
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Curse your sudden but inevitable action denial!
mbmbmbmbmb
It still doesn't appear to be on their website. It was however included in last week's ad.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Van Wagoner
United States
Bluffton
South Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
p4warrior wrote:
It still doesn't appear to be on their website. It was however included in last week's ad.
has anyone actually seen it in a US store?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kyle Mann
United States
Fontana
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
John_VW wrote:
p4warrior wrote:
has anyone actually seen it in a US store?

Yes I have seen them at 3 or 4 stores, and I bought mine there. I believe that's where most/all of us are getting them.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Van Wagoner
United States
Bluffton
South Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
kyle...what's you take on the quality of the components? I see a number of posts where people had issues with stickers on dice, tiles have punching issues, cards are way too thin, etc...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kyle Mann
United States
Fontana
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Well I cover it a bit in my review here:

http://boardgamegeek.com/thread/1039269/hasbro-goes-rogue

But to go into more detail:

Boards: The boards are a slightly glossy cardboard and are fairly thin. I can't think of a comparison right now--maybe like the newer Robo Rally boards? They work fine though and I had no trouble punching them.

Tokens: Tokens are punched out of the same cardboard. I didn't have any trouble punching mine and they look fine.

Cards: The cards are the same cut and card stock as Monopoly Millionaire Deal, so they are a bit flimsy but serviceable.

Minis: The minis are similar to any modern Risk game, though they have unique molds for each class. They are decent molds and seem fairly tough (but harder plastic, not bendy like War of the Ring or other FFG games).

Dice: The game comes with blank indented dice as in Yahtzee Jr. You sticker them yourself. I had no trouble with these, same deal as in C&C games and the like.

The components are definitely the weak point, but if you've played recent Hasbro fare your expectations will be about right going in.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ubergeek
United States
Washougal
Washington
flag msg tools
Be Happy in your Game!
badge
I spent 100 Geek Gold and all I got was this lousy overtext message!
mbmbmbmbmb
Picked up mine at Target and saw it in two different Target stores. Not listed on-line though.

Components are pretty much what I've come to expect in any Risk game. Note the game is not shrink-wrapped. It just has manufacturer sticker seals on the bottom to sides of the box. Overall worth the money for getting it on sale at $24.99. I'll probably sleeve the cards though. The FFG green packs seem to fit nicely.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Johnston
United States
San Jose
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I got some mayday sleeves that fit them perfectly. I'll update with the model # later if anyone wants to know. They were $2.25 for a 50 pack.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Belcher
United States
Lancaster
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'd love to have a # for good-fitting sleeves - I want to pick some up probably this weekend or so.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Long
United States
St Paul
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
John_VW wrote:
kyle...what's you take on the quality of the components? I see a number of posts where people had issues with stickers on dice, tiles have punching issues, cards are way too thin, etc...

I got my copy home and it was missing the instruction booklet= took it back, they opened a second copy- also no instructions, finally third copy had instruction booklet......

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The War Chief
United States
Parkville
Maryland
flag msg tools
designer
BRING ME THE HEAD OF SETH NEMEC AND RIK FALCH!!!!!!
badge
In Memorial: Moose, my dog. B:? D:01/13/16. He died peacefully surrounded by those who loved him. You will be missed.
mbmbmbmbmb
It's still in my local Target. $24.99 plus FREE COOKIES!!!!!

BTW, any sleeve details would be most appreciated.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
R. Brent Ward
United States
Glendale
Arizona
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
FFG Green sleeves are a perfect fit.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.