Subject: GT2 Tactical Surprise Scenario rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Dan Stueber
United States
Vernon Hills
Illinois
flag msg tools
I am the Sheepdog. I live to protect the flock and confront the wolf.
badge
BRAINS????
mbmbmbmbmb
Second turn of the Next War:

“Ok Jack let’s hear it…how bad is it now?” asks the General.

“Well sir we actually caused some serious losses to the DPRK units and also slowed them down but it was done at a cost sir. First, electronic assets detected the DPRK 820 and I Corps HQ’s but our VI and VII Corps HQ’s were also located by the North’s detection units. The North hit four airfields with Special Forces causing all airfields some damage, reducing an AH-64 unit of the recently arrived 82 Airborne, and also hitting more of our airmobile assets. We are at 50% since the war began with our airmobile assets. Also, the North sent five Special Forces teams against the South’s Air Defense track reducing it by 33%. This caused the problem around Gunsan. We allocated all our Special Forces to taking out those damn SCUD missile launchers. However, we only got three and the Japanese Special Forces unit was destroyed. The North lost two groups I believe sir.

“The SCUD’s then hit the VI and VII HQ’s. The VI was reduced and the VII received serious damage. Jeomchon and Pohang Airbases were also hit with Jeomchon receiving only minor damage. No collateral losses at either base. The North’s GHQ launched surface to surface missiles at the VII corps causing it more damage. The US Navy responded by hitting the 820 HQ causing some minor damage while Japan based Air Force and Marine air units hit the 815 HQ causing minor damage also. The 815 HQ was hit again by the JFC HQ causing more disruption.

“We were able to determine that the North set up two Mobile Supply units; one near the east coast and one north of Munam. The information has already been passed on to the Air Force for possible targeting in the upcoming days.

“The North then conducted another airborne drop near Gunsan along with three airmobile brigades being moved there. One of the brigades was forced to abort but the reduction in the Detection track allowed the other units to get through. Also, an entire infantry division from the III Corps was shipped into the bridgehead. Gunsan Airbase was captured but the city of Gunsan is still holding out. As of now enemy forces near Gunsan are two Marine brigades, two airborne brigades, and one infantry division. The 2nd Infantry Division’s 1 Brigade destroyed another light infantry unit near Gunsan.

“The 806 Corps assaulted units of the VII Corps along the east coast and reduced the 122 Brigade. One of the North’s Light Infantry units was destroyed leading the attack. The PYG Corps destroyed the 3A/1 Armor Brigade and recaptured Munam. The entire North Korean V Corps assisted by the KDG Arty Corps attacked the 20 Mech Division of the VII Corps forcing it to retreat with heavy damage. The 815 Corps and 620 Artillery Corps attacked the 28 Division of the VI Corps supported by 1/82 Brigade but was repulsed with serious losses.

“In the south near Gunsan the 1st Brigade of 2ID, assisted by the Japanese Airborne brigade and Apache attack helicopters destroyed a DPRK Light Infantry unit. However, Gunsan Airbase was captured and the city of Gunsan is under siege.”

“How about our reserves Jack?” asks the General.

“Sir four ROK divisions mobilized in the last few days: the 61, 65, 69, and 76 Divisions all mechanized. We received some Commonwealth air units and another USMC F-18 fighter bomber unit in Japan. As I noted earlier in the week sir the 2nd Brigade of the 2 Infantry Division is in Tokyo harbor waiting to be transported to the peninsula. With Busan gone there will be a delay with most Army units coming in theater. Another group of AH-1Z helos also arrived in Japan.”

“Got it Jack, I think we may need to start pulling those frontline troops out and moving them back toward the Puk’an River line.”

“Understood sir…”

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mitchell Land
United States
Ballwin
Missouri
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
"The SCUD’s then hit the VI and VII HQ’s"

"The US Navy responded by hitting the 820 HQ "

Unless you're playing with a House Rule, SCUDs (and Cruise Missiles) can't target regular HQs. They can only target detected Supreme HQs, detected Supply Depots, and Installations/Airfields.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Stueber
United States
Vernon Hills
Illinois
flag msg tools
I am the Sheepdog. I live to protect the flock and confront the wolf.
badge
BRAINS????
mbmbmbmbmb
Oooops...I missed that part. I remembered HQ's but not the Supreme part. Oh well....
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mitchell Land
United States
Ballwin
Missouri
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Maybe the Intel guys were mistaken and those were really SSMs launched from Pyongyang that hit the ROK HQs, and the Tomahawks, well, that was just a fortuitous targeting mistake.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.