Subject: 2R1B PBF #38 - The Docks - Round 3 rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Shawna
United States
flag msg tools
also not a robot.
badge
Fun fact: mathematically, it's equally likely to either im- or ex-plode.
Players at the Docks at the beginning of Round 3:

longlivesquare
Sensibility
bt37
mowglee
gn104236
Machiavellian
dangermark
namyzarc
rathstar
mmazala

Starting Leader:
Spoiler (click to reveal)
Machiavellian

Please elect a leader and choose TWO PLAYERS to transfer from The Docks to The Warehouse. Send me a GeekMail with your orders. Also, leaders, please consider using a Second-in-Command.

Your deadline to do this is Wednesday, 15:00 BGG time (CST).

If you have a rules or role question, send me a GeekMail, and I will answer you as soon as possible.

Final Roleset

Please remember: All players assigned into a room MUST NOT CHEAT and look at the other room's thread. They may only read and post in their assigned room.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Agent Emme
United States
Ohio
flag msg tools
Next trip: Ireland!
badge
Phelanpt Feb 11, 2:15 PM: evils have mostly stood by and watch goods fall. except for emme. she's spinning them round and round.
mbmbmbmbmb
Mowglee! It's you! Come give your old friend Emme a hug. And then tell me some Mowglee lies.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Niccolo Machiavelli
United States
I am where I need to be when I need to be.
flag msg tools
“A prince must imitate the fox and the lion, for the lion cannot protect himself from traps, and the fox cannot defend himself from wolves. One must therefore be a fox to recognize traps, and a lion to frighten wolves."
badge
A life, some would argue, is a series of problems. There’s no denying the truth in that – but why get lost in it? Why not rise above the truth… and lead a good life? Shouldn’t we all look at problems as a chance for us to find… solutions?
mbmbmbmbmb
"It is a paradox that every dictator has climbed to power on the ladder of free speech. Immediately on attaining power each dictator has suppressed all free speech except his own." -- H.Hoover

Welcome to the docks. As you can see some things have changed since you last visited Namyzarc. I do hope that we can persuade you to abandon your foolish and misguided allegiance to the Blue team. They are hopelessly doomed. As Bugsy siegel said, everyone deserves a fresh start once in awhile.

Rathstar and Agent Emme. I wish I could say that it was good to see you again, but I was rather hoping for some different faces. As you can see, I have made myself leader here as well. We are the center of trade and commerce, the life blood of this region. The warehouse is little more than a storage center. The docks are far more fitting for my method of rule than the Warehouse and once all challenges to our rule have been eliminated, both will understand the new order.

I do encourage you speak openly and transparently. Let's not waste our time with whispers... the time for such things has passed. Mowglee and Steven Duran, I have decided to keep you in place for now, but don't get too comfortable.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Randy Reynolds
United States
Colorado Springs
Colorado
flag msg tools
Normal namyzarc (that's an oxymoron)
mbmbmbmbmb
Whisper LLSquare
Uv Fdhner, V unir bhe Cerfvqrag Engufgne evtug urer. Lbh fubhyq qrsvavgryl pb-erirny jvgu uvz guvf ebhaq orsber vg trgf gbb yngr.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Niccolo Machiavelli
United States
flag msg tools
“A prince must imitate the fox and the lion, for the lion cannot protect himself from traps, and the fox cannot defend himself from wolves. One must therefore be a fox to recognize traps, and a lion to frighten wolves."
badge
A life, some would argue, is a series of problems. There’s no denying the truth in that – but why get lost in it? Why not rise above the truth… and lead a good life? Shouldn’t we all look at problems as a chance for us to find… solutions?
mbmbmbmbmb
Tsk, tsk, tsk.. Namyzarc, here we have gone out of our way to offer you a chance at a fresh start and then you go and ruin it by whispering to a known criminal.

You had best fall in line, unless you want one of my associates to have to become involved. Bones have a tendency to get broken around my associates. I'm not entirely sure why.

Now lets all have a civil conversation. Move beyond whispers and other sort of nonsense and just sit back and relax. The docks really are beautiful at sunset. I'd hate for your eyes to be too bruised and swollen to witness it.

Whispers to Gn104
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Randy Reynolds
United States
Colorado Springs
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Machiavellian wrote:
"It is a paradox that every dictator has climbed to power on the ladder of free speech. Immediately on attaining power each dictator has suppressed all free speech except his own." -- H.Hoover

Wow, that was awesome. Even brought a tear to my eye, Mach. But I've got a quote for you, too:

"Aye, fight and you may die. Run and you'll live -- at least a while. And dying in your beds many years from now, would you be willing to trade all the days from this day to that for one chance, just one chance to come back here and tell our enemies that they may take our lives, but they'll never take our freedom!!!" -- William Wallace

Vote Randy

All right, so who's with me? For Blues and gray-aligned blues everywhere! Freedom! Freedom from oppression! Woooooo!!!!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Agent Emme
United States
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
Phelanpt Feb 11, 2:15 PM: evils have mostly stood by and watch goods fall. except for emme. she's spinning them round and round.
mbmbmbmbmb
Machiavellian wrote:
Tsk, tsk, tsk.. Namyzarc, here we have gone out of our way to offer you a chance at a fresh start and then you go and ruin it by whispering to a known criminal.

You had best fall in line, unless you want one of my associates to have to become involved. Bones have a tendency to get broken around my associates. I'm not entirely sure why.

Now lets all have a civil conversation. Move beyond whispers and other sort of nonsense and just sit back and relax. The docks really are beautiful at sunset. I'd hate for your eyes to be too bruised and swollen to witness it.

Whispers to Gn104

Ah! Can't stop laughing. Who is this guy!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Randy Reynolds
United States
Colorado Springs
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Machiavellian wrote:
...Move beyond whispers......
Whispers to Gn104

Oh man, my eyes might be too swollen in a while, but I'm so happy I got to witness that little hypocrisy while I still can!

FREEDOM!!!

EDIT: What happened to my laughies!?!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Randy Reynolds
United States
Colorado Springs
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
mmazala wrote:
Ah! Can't stop laughing. Who is this guy!

He's Mach. And if he's anything like his Resistance persona (and he is), he's an awesome roleplayer...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Niccolo Machiavelli
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The hypocrisy was intentional. All the best tyrants.. ahem, I mean leaders are hypocrits, after all.

I gave you the chance of aiding me willingly, but you have elected the futile path of resistance. You will find no chinks in our armor, no weakness to be exploited... No the only thing you will discover is pain.

My rule will be eternal. The President and all his allies are as good as dead. A new order will rise and be built upon the ashes you will all soon witness here.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steven Duran
United States
Fresno
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
vote Randy
Whisper randy
Offer randy co-reveal
Offer rathstar co-reveal

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Randy Reynolds
United States
Colorado Springs
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah, you're such a great leader, I can tell by the silence everyone else has so far exhibited. They're hushed by your mightiness.

But I am brave enough to say otherwise! Your so-called comprehensive knowledge shows dangerous gaps. Why, I'll bet you can't even tell me who the bomber is right now!! And even if you could, I CERTAINLY know you can't tell me if he/she has co-revealed with the engineer yet!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Randy Reynolds
United States
Colorado Springs
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
longlivesquare wrote:
vote Randy
Whisper randy
Offer randy co-reveal
Offer rathstar co-reveal

Accept co-reveal w/LLSquare
Whisper Square
Erq fcl, lbh zrna. Naq ab, V zhfg abg unir zrg uvz lrg (Oenql?) be vg'f bar bs gur dhvrg barf (Puevfgvan? Rzzr? Zbjtyrr vf n pubvpr).

Orpnhfr V jnf cynlvat haqrepbire naq onfvpnyyl cvffvat bss BevtvanyZvxr naq Pnvgyva, V sbhaq bhg abguvat ynfg ebhaq. Fgvyy gelvat gb cbfr nf tenl/IVC.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Niccolo Machiavelli
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Randy, what are you hoping to achieve? To save the life of the President? That weak, simpering wretch. He may very well stand before us now, unknowingly awaiting his doom. He will never leave here. You should know that I am different from all the rest who came before me. Ask Agent Emme and Alan how I seized control of the warehouse. Are you surprised I and those loyal to our cause have taken the docks as well? You don't really think that Michael was able to become leader on his own, do you? I put him in power as a joke, much as Caligula appointed a horse a senator. Tell me, did he remain in control?

You should know that no one ever seizes power with the intention of relinquishing it. Power is not a means; it is an end. One does not establish a dictatorship in order to safeguard a revolution; one makes the revolution in order to establish the dictatorship. The object of power is power.

It is time for you to gather some idea of what power means. The first thing you must realize is that power is collective. The individual only has power in so far as he ceases to be an individual. You go on speaking about freedom and justice. Ha! I used the same lines in the past. Utterances of transparency, of peace... They were lies, even if I thought I believed them at the tme. The 'free' human being is always defeated. It must be so, because every human being is doomed to die, which is the greatest of all failures. But if he can make complete, utter submission, if he can escape from his identity, if he can merge himself in the Party so that he is the Party, then he is all-powerful and immortal.

Abandon the blue faction and join with us. Now is your only chance at immortality.

-- Paraphrased with parts from George Orwell's Nineteen-Eighty Four.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Randy Reynolds
United States
Colorado Springs
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Machiavellian wrote:
Ask Agent Emme and Alan how I seized control of the warehouse.

Heh, I DO remember something about random transfers happening, I know that. Was that your legacy, too?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Niccolo Machiavelli
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
namyzarc wrote:
Machiavellian wrote:

Heh, I DO remember something about random transfers happening, I know that. Was that your legacy, too?

Yes, 'Random' transfers. Continue to believe that truth. The reality is that everything has gone according to our plan.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alan Rqthstar
United States
Laurel
Maryland
flag msg tools
Come together, together as one
badge
Perhaps in a perfect world, the ring would be a symbol of happiness
mbmb
I'm here, give me a minute to catch up on what has transpired.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alan Rqthstar
United States
Laurel
Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmb
looks like it's Machi-Mach and the Funky Bunch show in the docks.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Agent Emme
United States
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
namyzarc wrote:
Machiavellian wrote:

Aaaah! Ah! Machi, Randy, LOL. Quick to the punch.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alan Rqthstar
United States
Laurel
Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmb
mmazala wrote:
namyzarc wrote:
Machiavellian wrote:

Aaaah! Ah! Machi, Randy, LOL. Quick to the punch.

whisper Emme
jung lbh fnl znxrf frafr (rkprcg sbe 7 bs pbhefr, gung fuvc unf fnvyrq.) V oebhtug lbh urer gb uryc zr ohg V qba'g 100% gehfg lbh lrg naq jba'g jvgubhg n cevingr erirny. Vs lbh jnag gb qb fbzr erpba, gung'f terng, whfg sbphf ba crbcyr jr qba'g xabj sebz ebhaq 1.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alan Rqthstar
United States
Laurel
Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmb
whisper Randy
ab jr unir abg vqragvsvrq gur erq fcl. Zl zbarl vf ba Rzzr. V nz nyfb cynlvat gur ebyr bs IVC, naq V fhccbfr lbh'er nyy-va sbe oyhr ng guvf cbvag jvgu lbhe pberirny bs fdhner. Guvf vf zr nfxvat lbh vs fdhner vf yrtvg (juvpu V nyernql xabj ur vf,) srry serr gb erfcbaq va gur guernq.Hasbeghangryl jr unq rkcrpgrq Fdhner gb nyfb or n cbffvoyr cerfvqragvny pnaqvqngr ohg uvf rntrearff gb pberirny unf cebonoyl fdhnfurq gung abgvba.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Randy Reynolds
United States
Colorado Springs
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
rathstar wrote:
whisper Randy

Yes, it's all good. Go for it!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alan Rqthstar
United States
Laurel
Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmb
accept coreveal with Square
whisper Square

Uv Fdhner, V'z gur Cflpubybtvfg. V pnzr bire urer jvgu na ragbhentr gb znxr vg ybbx yvxr V'z gur cerfvqrag qrfcrengr sbe urneg zrqvpngvba. Ng guvf cbvag jr ner zvffvat vasb ba Rzzr, Frafvovyvgl naq zbjtyrr. Rzzr vf n tbbq pnaqvqngr sbe Erq Fcl. Jr gubhtug Oenql jnf n tbbq IVC pnaqvqngr ohg jvgu Znpu fuvccvat uvz bire, V'z abg nf fher. Bhe ubyq ba gur bgure ebbz vf fnsr. Qb lbh unir nal bgure IVC ernqf? Pna lbh funer jub pberirnyrq jvgu jubz va ebhaqf 1 naq 2?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alan Rqthstar
United States
Laurel
Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmb
namyzarc wrote:
All right, so who's with me? For Blues and gray-aligned blues everywhere! Freedom! Freedom from oppression! Woooooo!!!!

I'm a gray-aligned Blue!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Randy Reynolds
United States
Colorado Springs
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
rathstar wrote:
namyzarc wrote:

I'm a gray-aligned Blue!

Oh yeah, that's not quite right, is it? "Blue-aligned grays", too! There! Now we'll get some more votes rolling in..

Uh...speaking of which, Rath...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2 , 3 , 4 , 5  Next »  [6] | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.