Popular Tags: [View All]
Bruno Libonati Rocha
Brazil
Curitiba
Paraná
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
When I play the strong effect of maximal effect and throw away tirelessness the result is:

a) move 8 and each other card providing move (including cards played sideways) gives 2 extra moves this turn

b) move 8 and each other card providing move (including cards played sideways) gives 1 extra moves this turn

thank you guys!!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Berry
United States
Denver
CO - Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The effect is applied twice so the movement bonus would be 2. What could be argued (I wouldn't, but it could) that the second instance of Tirelessness affects the first granting move 9 (4+4+1) and a bonus of 2 for each additional movement card played.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lucas Moyer-Horner
United States
Salt Lake City
Utah
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
That's funny. I just had this very combination while playing last night. I played it as you described in option A. I also think Chris's option (for which he wouldn't argue) sounds reasonable.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom H
Australia
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
What about another way around.

1. Play stronger effect of tirelessness.
2. Play weaker effect of maximal effect on march.

How many MPs do you get?

a) 10
b) 11 (this one I think)
c) 13
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Berry
United States
Denver
CO - Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Terah wrote:

How many MPs do you get?

a) 10
b) 11 (this one I think)
c) 13

It would be 4 for tirelessness, and march for 3 movement 3 times for a total of 13

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bruno Libonati Rocha
Brazil
Curitiba
Paraná
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
delewobmesid wrote:
Terah wrote:

How many MPs do you get?

a) 10
b) 11 (this one I think)
c) 13

It would be 4 for tirelessness, and march for 3 movement 3 times for a total of 13

So play maximal effect is like to play another deed card two/three times? But the maximal effect card says you use the basic effect of the other action card for two/three times.

So, I see the right answer would be 11 move points (4 from tirelessness, 6 from march with maximal effect and 1 from tirelessness bonus)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Philip
Canada
Moncton
New Brunswick
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:

How many MPs do you get?

a) 10
b) 11 (this one I think)
c) 13

http://unofficialmageknighttheboardgame.wikia.com/wiki/Tirel...
Strong Effect of Tirelessness
Quote:
Move 4. Each other card providing Move (incl. cards played sideways) gives 1 extra Move this turn.

http://unofficialmageknighttheboardgame.wikia.com/wiki/Maxim...
Maximum effect
Quote:

When you play this, play another Action card with it. Use the basic effect of that card three times. Then, throw away that card.
-----------------------
When you play this, play another Action card with it. Use the advanced effect of that card two times (for free). Then, throw away that card.

The basic effect.
Use the basic effect of that card three times
The Advanace effecft.
Use the advanced effect of that

It does not say play the cards.. to explain the card easily, it's easier to say.. it's like playing the card 3 or 2 times. But you're not playing the card. You're using it.

So.. 10. You did not play any other movement cards. You played Maximum effect, you never played march.

**edit** Ok 11, maximum effect did provide movement. so it gets the bonus once.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom H
Australia
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Maximal Effect does not provide movement itself IMHO, but it does say to "play" the other (movement) card. That is why I think it is 11.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Philip
Canada
Moncton
New Brunswick
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Terah wrote:
Maximal Effect does not provide movement itself IMHO, but it does say to "play" the other (movement) card. That is why I think it is 11.

I agree with Tom..

Maximum effect
Quote:
When you play this, play another Action card with it. Use the basic effect of that card three times. Then, throw away that card.
-----------------------
When you play this, play another Action card with it. Use the advanced effect of that card two times (for free). Then, throw away that card.

I misread it, Maximum effect doesn't give you a +1, the 2nd card gives it to you.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.