J. H. Horatio
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
The Future is a Game
mbmbmbmbmb
With the nerfing that Greece, Arabia have gotten recently (and Spain could be a candidate for nerfing as well), I'm thinking that the opposite needs to be done to India. Gandhi needs some help! What can be done to buff up this weak but interesting civ?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Notsteve Notlawton
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
mb
The one and only thing Gandhi needs to buff him: a good starting tile. His current one is so pathetic that it negates even having a metropolis. Just buffing his start tile would make India strong enough in my mind.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
bli bla
msg tools
mbmb
jhoratio wrote:
With the nerfing that Greece, Arabia have gotten recently (and Spain could be a candidate for nerfing as well), I'm thinking that the opposite needs to be done to India. Gandhi needs some help! What can be done to buff up this weak but interesting civ?

India get a little boost with W&W. Education fits perfect with their ability. It's the best Civ with German to get a perfect use of this tech.
Won last game by tech around turn 8 or 9 vs Aztecs and Japanese, even if Aztecs did a mistake and could have won military at turn 5 vs Japan.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
El-ad David Amir
United States
New York
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I will second Itchi. India is quite viable right now. Their ability makes both Culture and Tech much more accessible with W&W. And being able to always Math is quite a deterrent.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J. H. Horatio
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
The Future is a Game
mbmbmbmbmb
I had the same thought about Education - I had mentioned it in another thread actually.

But I agree with Deredbaron's starting tile comment. For India it is very bad. Not so much the tile as the fact they are forced to place their metropolis on set up and it ends up not being a whole lot better than a regular city.

Perhaps India could be allowed a small delay in expanding their capital so that the player could have an opportunity to expose tiles and expand into the adjoining squares? I think this might work actually. Just allow India to delay expanding until the Turn 2 start of turn.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
El-ad David Amir
United States
New York
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
jhoratio wrote:
Perhaps India could be allowed a small delay in expanding their capital so that the player could have an opportunity to expose tiles and expand into the adjoining squares? I think this might work actually. Just allow India to delay expanding until the Turn 2 start of turn.

I like this idea. I argued in the past that starting with Agriculture is actually a disadvantage. Allow them to expand their Metropolis later and the situation improves somewhat.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alexandru Alex
Romania
bucharest
Bucharest
flag msg tools
I think India needs a small thing like having +1 CULTURE HAND, it is verry decent, as Rusia have +1 staking limit, because Spain +1 movement speed...

And this asset is very important to them...

Tomorow I will try to play a 1 vs 1 game with one of my friends with India.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.