Popular Tags: [View All]
James Brown
United States
Fort Worth
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
While I was holding my breath for the new UP Front to be sent to the printers I thought I would buy another deck as the one I have is showing singes of wear. I did find some but I thought there should be more.
I thought that I saw a link for some Greeks from Artscow as well? Searching there site was of no help. Has anyone seen this? Also are there any others out there?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason
United States
WI
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
http://www.artscow.com/user/chris-erdelyi-807715
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Orion J.N. Winder
United States
Holly Hill
South Carolina
flag msg tools
ALL ACCESS - ALL THE TIME - DON'T EVEN ASK
mbmbmbmbmb
Some questions please;

Can you order a set of cards (or actually 3 sets, for cards 1-162, as I believe that was the entire action deck) here?

What is the quality of the cards?

I can "cart" them, but is this cost for printed cards, or just the artwork?

I'm not seeing actually much info about the cards, and when I go to the Artscow site I'm not being able to "search" and find the Up Front cards; only when I use the link can I access them.

Thanks for any info... (my cards too are little tired... just looking for spares, before the Up Front printing comes out... or when ever...)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Brown
United States
Fort Worth
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
OrionDD wrote:
Some questions please;

Can you order a set of cards (or actually 3 sets, for cards 1-162, as I believe that was the entire action deck) here?

I'm not seeing actually much info about the cards, and when I go to the Artscow site I'm not being able to "search" and find the Up Front cards; only when I use the link can I access them.

Thanks for any info... (my cards too are little tired... just looking for spares, before the Up Front printing comes out... or when ever...)

Yea I have these questions as well?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Brown
United States
Fort Worth
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
sanchezja wrote:

Thanks bunch Sanchezja

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Liljequist
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Best thing to do is...Go ahead and start an account with Artscow...And, then wait for the good specials they post/send to you. You will save a lot of money an it will most of the time be FREE shipping. I forget what the amount would be usually for the entire deck, but don't think it was more the 24 shipped with a special. So, that's pretty good...they are supposedly decent cards and will allow you to have a nice new set to "Play" with.
I opted to have a local printer print up my copy and I sleeved them. Its ok, but wish now...would have gotten a nice deck from them. But, may get it in the future.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Brown
United States
Fort Worth
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Has anyone seen a deck that is set up for desert or jungle by Artscow?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy Ravenscroft
United States
Madison
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
designer
badge
I bought this entire set apart from the Greeks about a year ago. Here's my experience:

Quote:

Yes, the action deck fits on three artscow decks. Some of the other decks have 'filler' in the form of blank cards with the flag of the nationality on the back. They nations don't all fit neatly into a deck of 54 cards.

Quote:

My Up Front set is very good. They're a decent thickness - they pass the quarter test (you can hold one end and balance a quarter on the card without the card bending). I've bought card sets from Artscow before over the last three or four years and the thickness and quality of the cards is better on these latest orders than in the past.

One thing to know is that the card alignment isn't always perfect. Its near as makes no difference, but it does depend on how well the original artwork uploader aligned the cards, and minor variations in the card-cutting process. I've noticed nothing that makes a card unusable or obviously misaligned, and I'm fairly picky, but YMMV.

I've sleeved my cards, but I don't think you have to - they're sturdy enough to stand up to regular game play.

Quote:

The cost is for printed cards. Wait to get one of the regular Artscow free shipping deals that usually come with a discount of 20% or buy one get one free or some such. List price is $12 a deck plus shipping, but I got all 12 of the decks I ordered for $80 including free shipping. IIRC the only reason I didn't order the Greek deck is that the way the promotion worked is that extra deck would have cost much more than the others.

Each deck comes in a sturdy green Artscow box, and they ship in a mylar type shipping bag. In my seven or eight orders I've never had a deck damaged. Shipping takes about 8 - 10 days which I find pretty remarkable considering they're custom orders and coming as they do from Hong Kong.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Brown
United States
Fort Worth
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the info Andy,

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Hedges
United Kingdom
Penrith
Cumbria, UNITED KINGDOM
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I'd like to add a question to this thread if that's cool.

I have Up Front on the way from eBay. I was considering using the cards from artscow, but have a quick question.

If I only wanted to replace the cards in the box, not add anything else, which decks would I need? I've read the card manifest on the game page, but I didn't want to make and order, then find I was missing something.

From what I can gather is need:

3 action card decks (1-162)
3 country decks (US, German, Russian).

I can't find any reference to the Weapon Cards, so I assume they are an expansion?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Brown
United States
Fort Worth
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Weapon cards will be in the new Up Front as the old one they were part of the personality card.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy Ravenscroft
United States
Madison
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
designer
badge
John, the weapons cards for the Artscow redesign version are optional extras. If you get the nations and action cards you'll have what you need.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Hedges
United Kingdom
Penrith
Cumbria, UNITED KINGDOM
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Brilliant, thanks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy Ravenscroft
United States
Madison
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
designer
badge
For anyone still tracking this thread, there's a great Artscow deal at the moment (Cyberday8) http://www.boardgamegeek.com/thread/1083563/artscow-sale-on-....
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Brown
United States
Fort Worth
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
gobbeg wrote:
For anyone still tracking this thread, there's a great Artscow deal at the moment (Cyberday8) http://www.boardgamegeek.com/thread/1083563/artscow-sale-on-....

Thanks for the heads up!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.