United Kingdom
Manchester
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Players: Dad, Anya(9) and Cerys(6)

How did you like the theme?
Anya - "I loved the theme, trying to make words up for pictures."
Dad - I don't suppose there's really much theme to this game, it's more just random images.

Did you like the bits and pieces?
Anya - "I liked the cards because of the pictures on them."
Dad - The artwork definitely appealed to both of them. Each time a new card was drawn you could see them thinking away about what it could mean.

How simple were the rules?
Anya - "The rules were very simple."
Dad - I'd have to agree. Even Cerys had no problems selecting a card on her turn and saying something about it. Also no problems trying to throw in a decoy card and then guess the original.

What didn't you like about the game?
Anya - "I didn't like the rabbits - they made no sense."
Dad - I think Anya just couldn't see the point in the rabbits although with the game having no real theme, they make as much sense as anything for keeping track of points.

Would you like to play again?
Anya - "I would love to play again - I even asked if we could."
Dad - She did immediately ask to play again but it was time for Cerys to go to bed. There seemed to be enjoyment all round with this game.

Did your sister enjoy the game and did she understand the rules?
Anya - "My little sister loved it. She didn't understand how to not give away what your card was."
Dad - A few issues here. First, Cerys kept showing her hand when pondering which card to pick. Second she occasionally pointed out which card was hers when it was turned face up. Lastly she had some trouble with her clues - they tended to be really obvious.

Summary from Dad - Another game that they both loved although Anya definitely had an edge in this one. Cerys just had too much trouble giving cryptic clues and it was actually incredibly difficult coming up with clues that she had a chance of guessing but that Anya wouldn't get.

Geeklist to subscribe to "Review from a 9 year old"
http://boardgamegeek.com/geeklist/162978/review-from-a-9-yea...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.