Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Thibaud Dejardin
France
Ferrère-La-Grande
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hello, i really don't understand the difference between those and

When i have to put food in the reserve, it's a tile.
But when i have to put something in the stock or keeping it, i really don't know what it is supposed to be, as there's no descriptions of the symbols in the rules.

Basically, i see two different symbols on the cards:
1°)-A simple chicken leg: i assume it's non perishable food?
2°)-A chicken leg in a black square: is it a tile of food, that becoming white cubes?

Or do the chicken legs in black square represent only a white cube of perishable food?

3°)--> With his skill, the cooker is able to change one food tile (fish or from the reserve) in non perishable chicken legs food, am i right? Or only one white cube to chicken leg?

4°) When cards refer to "fish", for example the fishnet, does it mean i draw one more token, or do i exchange the token against one more food?

5°)Are there exceptions to the rules above?
I must say those rules are really confusing...

Thanks in advance for the reading and (hopefully) the answering!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michele Esmanech
Italy
Milano
Milano
flag msg tools
designer
Dystopian:the manhunt: a worker placement game of investigation, murder and mystery, set in the futuristic megapolis of DYSTOPIA
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The chicken leg is non-perishable food, the chicken leg within a square is a food token (the rules HAVE a legenda of the symbols, actually).

When you're instructed to place a food token, you place it in the reserve, near the "fetch food" action.
When a survivor goes fetching for food, you take the first food token in the reserve, and place it in the basket. At the end of the turn, you replace the token with as many white cubes as indicated on the token.

If unused (or uncooked) such tokens go wasted at the end of the turn.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom C.
United States
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The cook only changes the forage tiles in storage into non-perishable chicken leg pieces, and only one tile is converted per round. Any others in your storage still convert to white perishable cubes. The forage tiles are the ones first placed in the "supply", which is the square one at the top, near the forage action. The symbol shown on the cook card is for the forage tiles only. I'm not sure why a cook can't cook fish, but I guess it's because it's perishable, and forage tiles are not. As stated by the other post, there is a symbol legend on one of the pages in the rules. Sorting out exactly where things are in the rules is almost a game in itself, but less fun.

The fish net allows you to take one extra fish tile, when you do a fishing action on the camp board. So you would take 2 tiles. If one is a jellyfish, you still take the injury, I believe. And if one is the shark...well, you know.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thibaud Dejardin
France
Ferrère-La-Grande
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thank you a lot for the complete answer, i find out i played a lot of things bad. I rarely had such difficulties with a rulebook. I finally found the legenda, but it is not easy to find indeed. Usually, such a legenda is at the bottom of the rule book, which is easier to glance during the game.

So you never get directly white cubes, but only tiles (from the outside, i suppose, except if you take the forage action) or chicken legs, which are non perishable.

My next game should be easier!
Thank you again.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.