Popular Tags: [View All]
John Van Wagoner
United States
Bluffton
South Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
ok...suppose I have DT2-Prison and i'd like to be able to play with 3/4 players:

- since several of the DT2-Prison expansions come with minis, couldn't I just use several of these?
- do the exp come with new minis AND the cards/tokens (in the new colors) i'd need?
- if I could get the old 3/4 expansion game, and only use the rules from this would that help? (since the old exp wouldn't have minis)
- or am I better off just getting 2 copies of DT2-Prison, painting 2 sets minis diff colors and kind of making up my own rules? (would there be an issue then with the 3rd/4th player's tokens/cards being same color as the orig's)
- or...has anyone already been down this road and has a much better idea already!!

all i'm looking for is a way to play 3 or 4 players if I choose, and I don't mind buying some expansions/etc where I might only be robbing some of the components...in a "perfect world" i'd like 4 sets of minis/cards/tokens (all diff colors) on a large set of dungeon boards...thanks...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Yours Truly,
United States
Raleigh
North Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
There must have been a moment at the beginning, where we could have said no. Somehow we missed it. Well, we'll know better next time.
mbmbmbmbmb
John_VW wrote:

- since several of the DT2-Prison expansions come with minis, couldn't I just use several of these?
- do the exp come with new minis AND the cards/tokens (in the new colors) i'd need?

Regarding DT2-Prison expansions and their minis, there were never any released, and they seem to be dead at least for the moment. I think the last official news on the one announced expansion they had been planning, "Traps," was at least 1.5 years ago if not more.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Van Wagoner
United States
Bluffton
South Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
JohnnyDollar wrote:
John_VW wrote:
so, "Forces Of Darkness and Paladins And Dragons" are DT1 expansions, and will have no minis? if that's the case, then maybe 2 games of DT2-Prison is the only way to go...painting the extra 2 sets of minis is not an issue, but i'm assuming i'd now need tokens/cards/etc in the two "new colors" as well?

Regarding DT2-Prison expansions and their minis, there were never any released, and they seem to be dead at least for the moment. I think the last official news on the one announced expansion they had been planning, "Traps," was at least 1.5 years ago if not more.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Van Wagoner
United States
Bluffton
South Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
so there were no expansions (with minis) for DT2?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Yours Truly,
United States
Raleigh
North Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
There must have been a moment at the beginning, where we could have said no. Somehow we missed it. Well, we'll know better next time.
mbmbmbmbmb
John_VW wrote:
so there were no expansions (with minis) for DT2?

Nope. They announced Dungeon Twister: Traps in January 2012, which was supposed to come with minis, but it was never released.

All the other expansions you see are from the original Dungeon Twister.
They did some minis for the originals back in '06, not sure if those would be of interest to you: Dungeon Twister Collectors Box.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
-=::) Dante (::=-
United States
KEW GARDENS
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
JohnnyDollar wrote:

They did some minis for the originals back in '06, not sure if those would be of interest to you: Dungeon Twister Collectors Box.

Seem impossible to get as far as I can tell. In theory though, would 2 sets of the Collector box and some spray paint basically allow for playing 3/4 players with all the expansions it covers then?

Also what about using proxy miniatures? If I provide my own minis (4 of each) for each expansion anything else I'd need? Copies of cards sleeved?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bernd Weber
Germany
Augsburg
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The Collectors Edition is only the base game with miniatures in a larger box with an additional promo character. It's only available in German.

With two boxes and spray paint you would be able to play with 4 players. Don't forget you have to recolor the tokens too and you will miss the rooms from the 3/4 player expansion (but you will have double rooms from the base game).

You can still get the very expensive minis from http://fenryll.com/en/23-dungeon-twister. Also some German 3/4 player boxes are still for sale in Germany, even at amazon.de.

Edit: Proxy minis will of course work, but you also will need additional indistinguishable tokens in two additional colors.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
KEW GARDENS
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Aubigny wrote:
you also will need additional indistinguishable tokens in two additional colors.

Why indistinguishable?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bernd Weber
Germany
Augsburg
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
NuMystic wrote:
Why indistinguishable?

I mean the back side only, of course. At the start of the game when you place your objects and characters you put them down hidden and you don't want your opponent to know which token is which.

As an example, marking your second set of yellow tokens with a green cross to make them belong to the green player will only be fair if you make the green cross exactly the same on each token.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
KEW GARDENS
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Aubigny wrote:
NuMystic wrote:
Why indistinguishable?

I mean the back side only, of course. At the start of the game when you place your objects and characters you put them down hidden and you don't want your opponent to know which token is which.

As an example, marking your second set of yellow tokens with a green cross to make them belong to the green player will only be fair if you make the green cross exactly the same on each token.

Ah. Thanks for clarifying. I'd probably just print them and adhere so they're all 100% identical. Easy enough.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.