D P
United States
Tennessee
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yep, that's happened for a few of them. However, once they're in and shuffled up, as long as you shuffle them and don't really pay attention to what you put in the deck, you won't know if the cards with the off color backs are from any specific section.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Weber
Germany
Wendeburg
Germany
flag msg tools
Yo quiero estar contigo, vivir contigo, bailar contigo
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
firedale2002 wrote:
Yep, that's happened for a few of them. However, once they're in and shuffled up, as long as you shuffle them and don't really pay attention to what you put in the deck, you won't know if the cards with the off color backs are from any specific section.

In general I agree with you, but the problems starts, when you flip over, say a villian - in this case you WILL know that the villain is of light or dark shading and if it gets shuffled back in with a number of blessings, you are likely to be able to rule some cards as not being the villain... This is just one example for the shading problems kicking into effect
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Donny Behne
United States
Fate
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
www.punchboardmedia.com/geaux-gaming/
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Common issue that's come up in a number of redundant threads.

Perhaps adding your voice to those will get the issue resolved instead of starting a new one.

Or sleeve them and make it a non-issue.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joseph Cochran
United States
Costa Mesa
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmb
Mixo wrote:
In general I agree with you, but the problems starts, when you flip over, say a villian - in this case you WILL know that the villain is of light or dark shading and if it gets shuffled back in with a number of blessings, you are likely to be able to rule some cards as not being the villain... This is just one example for the shading problems kicking into effect

1) Most people don't notice it in play: while our group noticed it when comparing them side by side, we didn't notice it in play.

2) If it's not acceptable to you, you have several avenues of recourse. You can inform the publisher (and/or sell the game and tell the publisher why you will not be buying further expansions), or you can sleeve the cards, or you can draw from (or examine or otherwise interact with) the bottom of the deck rather than the top when at a location as you play.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Weber
Germany
Wendeburg
Germany
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
kelann08 wrote:

Perhaps adding your voice to those will get the issue resolved instead of starting a new one.

Thanks for your "kind" advice...

Knowing that there are quite a few threads on this game in general, I searched the forum - guess what not a single thread with the word "color" in the headline....

Oh as far as sleeving goes - my cards are sleeved, I just dislike the opaque back sleeves, as I like looking at the artwork of my game, so this remains an issue to me, but thanks for your clever piece of advice...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Weber
Germany
Wendeburg
Germany
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
jsciv wrote:
Mixo wrote:

1) Most people don't notice it in play: while our group noticed it when comparing them side by side, we didn't notice it in play.

2) If it's not acceptable to you, you have several avenues of recourse. You can inform the publisher (and/or sell the game and tell the publisher why you will not be buying further expansions), or you can sleeve the cards, or you can draw from (or examine or otherwise interact with) the bottom of the deck rather than the top when at a location as you play.

Thanks for your answer. I just want to know whether this problem turns up in all copies of the game or whether I just got the odd-one out. In the latter case I am considering to contact Paizo about it, in the former case, I'll just have to "cope with it"

Regarding drawing from underneath the deck, this might be an idea, but might get troublesome with the recharging rules.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Donny Behne
United States
Fate
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Mixo wrote:
kelann08 wrote:

Thanks for your "kind" advice...

Knowing that there are quite a few threads on this game in general, I searched the forum - guess what not a single thread with the word "color" in the headline....

Oh as far as sleeving goes - my cards are sleeved, I just dislike the opaque back sleeves, as I like looking at the artwork of my game, so this remains an issue to me, but thanks for your clever piece of advice...

Happy to help.

http://boardgamegeek.com/thread/1036158/different-colored-ca...

Sometimes a well organized google search is better than the Geek search function.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joseph Cochran
United States
Costa Mesa
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmb
Mixo wrote:
Thanks for your answer. I just want to know whether this problem turns up in all copies of the game or whether I just got the odd-one out. In the latter case I am considering to contact Paizo about it, in the former case, I'll just have to "cope with it"

I get the feeling it's not an odd-one out.

Mixo wrote:
Regarding drawing from underneath the deck, this might be an idea, but might get troublesome with the recharging rules.

I was referring to location decks. I wouldn't bother for a character deck: you often draw more than one card on a turn so knowing the shading of the top card only doesn't give you all that much information unless you're specifically building your deck to try and get the shaded ones to be important (which would require some luck in the loot draws and doesn't really seem to be in the spirit of the game).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonan Jello
United States
Newark
California
flag msg tools
badge
♪ I'll mourn over the marble steps ♬ Junkies of the world lay across the monuments ♫ I climb and blister on the mount ♪ Drunks take a piss where heroes once bled out ♪ ♫
mbmbmbmbmb
My game has discolored card backs. Most notable variances among the blessing deck. At game set-up, I try avoid seeing a darker card shuffled into a location pile, but it can be difficult not to notice its inclusion.

I do like the suggestion of drawing from the bottom of the deck.

My own suggestion would be to create a blind of some sort to lay on the top of each location pile or use the Location card itself.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Overgauss .
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
kelann08 wrote:

Remarking on the amount of topics with similar themes is a common issue that's come up in a number of redundant threads.

Perhaps adding your voice to those will get the issue resolved instead of spreading the disease to multiple threads.

Or google the complaint first to verify the actual amount of repeat topics before turning into an issue what should be a non-issue.

Did the OP smash your eggs? Did the OP make you read the thread? Is it so much of an inconvenience that your eyes can't skim past a topic subject and ignore it (although it is more descriptive and hence, more easily searchable)?

This topic talks about the same thing. Have you any idea how hard it is to find it even with google? The subject header is "Ally Cards." At least give the OP credit for a descriptive subject header!

Also who made you the person to decide that sleeving the cards makes it a non-issue? What if someone does not have sleeves or access to them? I like how you can hand wave a sixty dollar product's printing defect away as a non-issue, but omg a redundant post? Now that's something to remark/complain/make an issue about.

This is clearly the case, hence my post.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Donny Behne
United States
Fate
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
OverGauss wrote:
kelann08 wrote:

Remarking on the amount of topics with similar themes is a common issue that's come up in a number of redundant threads.

Perhaps adding your voice to those will get the issue resolved instead of spreading the disease to multiple threads.

Or google the complaint first to verify the actual amount of repeat topics before turning into an issue what should be a non-issue.

Did the OP smash your eggs? Did the OP make you read the thread? Is it so much of an inconvenience that your eyes can't skim past a topic subject and ignore it (although it is more descriptive and hence, more easily searchable)?

This topic talks about the same thing. Have you any idea how hard it is to find it even with google? The subject header is "Ally Cards." At least give the OP credit for a descriptive subject header!

Also who made you the person to decide that sleeving the cards makes it a non-issue? What if someone does not have sleeves or access to them? I like how you can hand wave a sixty dollar product's printing defect away as a non-issue, but omg a redundant post? Now that's something to remark/complain/make an issue about.

This is clearly the case, hence my post.

Hey, look! Someone over reacts and gets defensive in the internet. This is new.

There have been several posts about this topic or containing this topic. I made a suggestion that he join the existing clamor on this issue because one thread with 8 pages on the topic is more effective than 8 threads with one. It also helps a company keep the discussion to one localized thread to get all the feedback they need. I then found one of the threads he could use and provided it for him.

As far as sleeves go, it does make that problem a non-issue. Nowhere did I say that it was cheap or not a reason to expect more from a company. All I said was that adding sleeves makes the problem go away. If you, the OP or anyone else would like to demand reprints or return your game you are more than welcome to.

I made two suggestions, neither of which require you get bent out of shape.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Overgauss .
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Lol. The very last sentence of the post you are quoting illustrates my awareness of both the irony and hypocrisy of my post.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Smith
United States
Troy
Michigan
flag msg tools
It's a love/hate relationship.
badge
Check out my board game instructional videos on my YouTube channel: "The Game Explainer".
mbmbmbmbmb
My copy definitely has this issue. I noticed it while busting open the card packs and sleeving them (in clear sleeves). I've played about 8 times now, and I've yet to notice the problem during play. Maybe it's the relatively low light in my dining room, or the glare on the sleeves. Or maybe it's that the game is so engrossing, I'm focused on what to do, and not what the card backs look like.

The color saturation of your set may vary more than mine, of course.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.