Star Wars: X-Wing Miniatures Game» Forums » General

Subject: The "Fly Casual" campaign-please read rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Doug Kinney

Iowa
msg tools
mbmbmb
Every gaming community has its share of people who take their game way too seriously. In my experience, the X-wing community has an extremely low percentage of these people as compared to other gaming communities. Instead, I have found this community understands that this is a game. We play this game to have fun and to share our experiences with others.

Those of us who share this philosophy have adopted the mantra of "Fly casual", as a reminder to have fun and enjoy the game, win or lose.

I decided to ask a personal friend of mine, Jack Irons (Ironlightsaber) to design a t-shirt with this slogan on it. He is an artist and works at a company that makes t-shirts. He designed a shirt specifically for the X-wing community.

If you search the web, you will find that there are companies that have made "Keep Calm and Fly Casual" shirts as well, but this one was made specifically for us.

So, if you would like one of these shirts, please go onto the store website and order one.

http://www.shirts101.com/mm5/merchant.mvc?Store_Code=shirts1...

Women's tank tops are available as well. Unfortunately international orders must be handled over the phone. I apologize for that, but those are the hoops that we have to jump through.

The website is only going to be open until October 7th at noon (CST), so please hurry if you or your play group members want one.

I would personally like to see many of these at Worlds this year, as a reminder to all that this game is about having fun, even at the most competitive X-wing tournament to date. If you are unable to attend Worlds, you can absolutely still order one, but I would really like to see us all making a statement there.

We have an amazing community, and this is just one way of expressing to others just how great it is.

And for the record, I'm not making a dime on any of this. I'll be buying some as well.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert M.
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
I bought mine. Who's with me?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex Eding
United States
Dallas
Texas
flag msg tools
Just Jumped in. Love the look of the shirt!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim Silver
United States
Lino Lakes
Minnesota
flag msg tools
C'mon You Loons!
badge
United FC! -----------The Team for Me! ---- Minnesota! ----------- L-O-V-E! -------------
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm in.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh Derksen
Canada
Toronto
ON
flag msg tools
designer
armoredgear7.net
badge
Heroes of the Aturi Cluster dockingbay416.com/campaign
mbmbmbmbmb
For Reference:

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew Cordeiro
United States
Cumberland
Rhode Island
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Just ordered mine.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jut Daron
United States
Ithaca
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Is there any way to add Pay Pal payment to the web site?

Could he/you take a personal Pay Pal payment for a shirt.

Love them and thanks for sharing!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Brinkman
United States
Colorado Springs
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Got one for me and my nephew. We will both see you at World's

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Wilder

Daly City
California
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Can I get a version in a gold lamé bikini? 5XL, please.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Wilder

Daly City
California
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
HawkeyeLonewolf wrote:
Leia the Hutt?

Don't judge me.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Doug Kinney

Iowa
msg tools
mbmbmb
Jutdogg wrote:
Is there any way to add Pay Pal payment to the web site?

Could he/you take a personal Pay Pal payment for a shirt.

Love them and thanks for sharing!

I don't have any control over the business aspect of it. I can mention it to him, but they have done a lot of business to this point, apparently without paypal, so I doubt they will change, but I'll mention it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robby Timmermans
Belgium
Wellen
flag msg tools
badge
-- -- parkibricks -- --
mbmbmbmbmb
Any info on international shipping ?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Doug Kinney

Iowa
msg tools
mbmbmb
You have to call the company to find out and place an order. The phone number is given on the ordering website.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jimmy Neutron
msg tools
mbmb
I really like this as an unofficial "X-Wing Miniatures" gamer motto! My two shirts are ordered....

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Iain Hamp
United States
Arizona
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
In for one!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Doug Kinney

Iowa
msg tools
mbmbmb
Just a reminder, the ordering site is only going to be open for another week. After that if you want a shirt, you're going to have to pay the iron price for it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Minnesota
flag msg tools
Test Candidate (sans Deadly Neurotoxin)
badge
Warming up the deadly neurotoxin...
mbmbmbmbmb
hothie wrote:
Just a reminder, the ordering site is only going to be open for another week. After that if you want a shirt, you're going to have to pay the iron price for it.

Yeah, but the iron price will probably ruin the tshirt. Such a catch 22!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Doug Kinney

Iowa
msg tools
mbmbmb
As a reminder, the ordering website goes down tomorrow, so if you want one of these shirts, now is your last chance to get one.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Iain Hamp
United States
Arizona
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I played in a tournament yesterday and kept imagining myself in this shirt when I reached points where I could be a rules stickler or just play a friendly, "fly casual" game (and managed to choose the latter every time, I think). I was accused of being a "nice guy" and it was said I play "very sportsman-like".

This definitely helped end a few sticky situations much more calmly than they could have and since I was the lead TO, that is a particularly good thing. Everyone had fun and it was the first tournament at one of my favorite FLGS's, so it was very cool that to a man everyone came up and said they'd love to do them a lot more often.

So, definitely looking forward to wearing my shirt at Worlds, but I might be looking forward to wearing it when demoing the game and acting as the tournament organizer even more - so I can help set a good tone for the local scene in Phoenix.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bryan
United States
Benwood
West Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I do not like adding credit card info into sites like that, but I ordered one. I have not been active in the community for a while as I have been having other problems in my life at this time.

I would have liked to have been in the latest vassal tournament , but I do not have the time right now. I have not even picked up any wave 3 ships yet.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Dickson
United States
Orlando
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
So ordering ended ten days ago. Any word on shipping?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert M.
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
DailyRich wrote:
So ordering ended ten days ago. Any word on shipping?

I'm a little curious about this myself.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Doug Kinney

Iowa
msg tools
mbmbmb
The shirts were shipped yesterday and this morning. I know there were over 50 shirts ordered. What a great turnout! Thanks to all, and hope to see you wearing them soon!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Dickson
United States
Orlando
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the update!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Doug Kinney

Iowa
msg tools
mbmbmb
Got mine in the mail today. Will wear it tomorrow at the LGS.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.