Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Evgeni Liakhovich
United States
Beaverton
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I killed some time taking closer look at the cards in Bruges.

We know that each card performs 6 basic actions and has a "unique" ability. It turned out that many of these abilities are not so unique. For example, there are groups of cards that basically have the same effect, but with a different color modifier.

So, I did a breakdown, grouping cards based on "ability uniqueness".

There are 165 cards in 5 colors, 33 cards in each color.
There are 11 person groups, 15 total cards and 3 cards of each color per group.

There are 11 cards, one per group, that have the same "2VP per group member at the end of the game" effect.
There are 11 cards, one per group, that have the same "2 coins per group member, once per round" effect.

This leaves 13 cards in each group. They further break down as follows:

Entertainer: 5C, 5C, 3U
Craftsman: 5C, 5C, 3U
Noble: 5C, 5C, 3U
Bureaucrat: 5C, 5C, 3U
Merchant: 5C, 5C, 3U
Church: 5C, 5C, 3U
Castle: 5C, 4C, 4U
Protector: 3N, 5C, 5U
Artist: 10G, 3U
Underworld: 5C, 8U
Scholar: 13U

Legend:
5C means 5 cards with the same ability, modified only by color.
3U means 3 cards with unique abilities.
3N means 3 cards with the same ability but different "strength" - these are the 3 protector cards that remove various amounts of threats.
10G means 10 cards modified only by group they apply to - these are the 10 Artist cards giving once-per-round 1VP per group member.

As you can see, Scholar is the most "interesting" group, with almost every card having a unique ability. Artist is the most "boring" group I guess, most of them basically do the same thing. Overall I counted about 73 unique abilities, counting groups of similar abilities as one.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.