Recommend
 Thumb up
 Hide
4 Posts

Star Fluxx» Forums » Rules

Subject: Difference between the laser sword and laser pistol rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Hello! I can't seem to find an answer anywhere on the internet about this, so I joined the forum in hope someone might be able to answer my question.

As you all know, there are 2 laser weapon keepers in the game which get rid of creepers. Here are the instructions written on both of the cards:

Laser Sword: Once per turn, if you have this on the table, you can discard any Keeper in front of you if it has a Creeper attached to it.

Laser Pistol: Once per turn, if you have this on the table, you can discard any Keeper in front of any player if it has a Creeper attached to it.

So the question is what is the REAL difference between the two cards? To me, it is interpreted that the sword is a melee weapon and destroys close range creepers only (i.e. in front of you) and the pistol is a ranged weapon and destroys distant creepers only (i.e. other player's creepers). However, the people that I play with suggest that the pistol instructions are not specific enough on the definition of "any player". Since it doesn't say whether that "any player" can't be you, they don't see why you can't use the laser pistol to get rid of a creeper you have active in front of you. So we play the laser pistol as a close and a ranged weapon.

It's been bugging me for a while and I was wondering if anyone clear it up for me? I'm was also wondering how everyone else plays it? Thanks

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephen Eckman
United States
Oviedo
Florida
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
In my opinion "any" player also means the player with the laser pistol. Which seems to make sense.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aaron Morgan
United States
Sacramento
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
ZiggySerbia wrote:
However, the people that I play with suggest that the pistol instructions are not specific enough on the definition of "any player".

I don't know how you'd get more specific than any player.

I think they are reading too much into it. If you were restricted from using it on your Keepers, it'd say "any other player".
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Russ Williams
Poland
Wrocław
Dolny Śląsk
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmb
"Any player" seems quite unambiguous to me; it surely means "any player".
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.