Kendall Merriman
United States
Santa Clara
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
http://fantasyflightgames.com/edge_news.asp?eidn=4374

Based on that article, I'd say they're bringing a ton of Gabe cards to every event, since you get them for playing in demos and staff challenges, and not just the tournament.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Jackman
United States
Indianapolis
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The staff challenges sound like fun.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott C
United States
Troy
OH
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Saan wrote:
The staff challenges sound like fun.

They do sound fun. I wonder what the composition of the special corp deck is like. And I hope it's interesting and a bit unexpected in the current meta... and that it doesn't get spoiled by early runners so later dates start seeing tuned Runner decks.

And the entire event sounds like it's designed to produce a secondary Gabe market. =/ Big geographic gaps, lots of markets with duplicate events in one-two punches, date-wise, and the opportunity to earn more than one ID card per event?

To promote a game without chase rares. Oh, the irony.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Ostman
United States
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I love that they are playing the corp side in these challenges. I love it because it's cool thematically and because part of me feels they are saying "so you think the runner is OP huh?" I doubt they are, but I like to think it
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew McFarland
United States
Pepperell
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Kaffis wrote:
And the entire event sounds like it's designed to produce a secondary Gabe market. =/ Big geographic gaps, lots of markets with duplicate events in one-two punches, date-wise, and the opportunity to earn more than one ID card per event?

Yes, this is obviously the entire reason for the tour.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Silent Requiem
msg tools
I'm going to be really interested in seeing their custom corp decks. Anyone betting on an FFG identity?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeremy Owens
United States
Rochester
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I really like that they are doing more than just a tournament. It's much more of an event that way. It also makes it very welcoming to players of all levels and intensity.

And to everyone in general, raise your hand if your eyes are sore from rolling them every time someone talks about promo cards like they're required to be able to play the game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
El-ad David Amir
United States
New York
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
malhaku wrote:
And to everyone in general, raise your hand if your eyes are sore from rolling them every time someone talks about promo cards like they're required to be able to play the game.

They are not required to play the game; they are required to LIVE.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Malefact
United Kingdom
Oxford
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Silent Requiem wrote:
I'm going to be really interested in seeing their custom corp decks. Anyone betting on an FFG identity?

It would be really cool if they had a special "boss" FFG identity, with stronger powers than a regular corp, though my guess is that would make doing faction influence diffciult. Maybe they could subvert the normal rules for the game - like a deck with 10 Snares :3
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Hinkes
United States
New York
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
IirionClaus wrote:
malhaku wrote:

They are not required to play the game; they are required to LIVE.

Oh man, the mocking that occurs when you try to flatline someone with an original art PSF. laugh
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brodie
United States
KC
Missouri
flag msg tools
mb
malhaku wrote:

No kidding. You'd think promo art cards were more OP than Account Siphon.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Grish Noren
msg tools
mbmb
Well the good news out of this is that there were demo cards in the decks used for this sort of thing at gen-con; so we'll probably get to see one or two new demos over the course of this traveling.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Orange Devil
msg tools
Malefact wrote:
Silent Requiem wrote:

It would be really cool if they had a special "boss" FFG identity, with stronger powers than a regular corp, though my guess is that would make doing faction influence diffciult. Maybe they could subvert the normal rules for the game - like a deck with 10 Snares :3

Subverting deckbuilding rules would completely ruin the point of the game. If runners don't know what they can expect (as opposed to what to expect) then they're running completely blind and thus lose the ability to make meaningful decisions. It'd be an easy way to score a bunch of corp wins, but it'd be about on the same level as if they'd show up with I've Got A Rock.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Agent 57
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I completely disagree. Playing against an FFG employee is not about playing just one other player. It is about getting a chance to have a limited experience with the people who produce the game. If they are just regular decks full of available cards what makes this different or special?

I want to see unreleased cards. Heck the challenge decks for AGoT and CoC did not use a single standard card and wildly broke the rules. They had built in flaws so they could be beat, but it required a good player and a good deck, but mostly a good player. They removed all chance at unlucky draws from those decks.

If I'm sitting across some standard Jinteki deck I'm going to be disappointed.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Micheal Keane
United States
Washington
Dist of Columbia
flag msg tools
badge
Pictured: Rags Raggerson, successful businesscat
mb
I imagine the FFG challenge decks will have a pre-arranged draw order.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brain Less
Canada
Gatineau
Québec
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
For all of you who thinks they can get more than one Gabe.

Quote:
Likewise, all event participants will receive an alternate art Gabriel Santiago identity card (limit one per participant).

There you go, maybe your ebay dreams have been squashed

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
El-ad David Amir
United States
New York
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Vuud wrote:
There you go, maybe your ebay dreams have been squashed

You could participate in multiple events. Or ask other people for theirs (some people gave up on their GenCon PSF ...).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.