Scott Sinelli
United States
Macomb
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If the hero flees or is defeated by the three mob thugs, draw an artifact adventure for the villains. What happens if the vile organization in play is not the mob? Does that organization still get the adventure artifact? This situation is similar to when a random villain is placed on an adventure through play of the card Agents of Evil. If the random villain is not part of the vile organization in play, I think the consensus is the vile organization does not get the artifact if it is recovered by the random villain. This whole issue about when a vile organization gets an artifact has consistently come up since this game came out two years ago. Sure would be nice if there was some official clarification. I'm pretty sure one will not be forthcoming.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Sinelli
United States
Macomb
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Correct me if I am wrong, but I think the document you are citing is a fan created product based on the original rules and does not reflect official rulings in all cases. Don't get me wrong, I tend to use them myself when questions come up. Using the interpretation on page 38 of v 0.7 makes Battle Atop the Eiffel Tower fairly pointless.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Hill
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmb

All of the Villains are assumed to be working together (unless you are using multiple Vile Organizations in some capacity). This means that any Artifact collected by a Villain is given to the current Vile Organization, regardless of which Villain recovers it, or in the case of this Major City Event, which Henchmen recover it.

-Jason
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim DeForest
msg tools
mbmb
Also, it's pretty easy to justify from a storytelling point of view. The Crimson Hand or the Nazis are simply sub-contracting a mob family to do some of their dirty work.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Mason
United States
Indianapolis
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
redlewis1 wrote:
Correct me if I am wrong, but I think the document you are citing is a fan created product based on the original rules and does not reflect official rulings in all cases. Don't get me wrong, I tend to use them myself when questions come up. Using the interpretation on page 38 of v 0.7 makes Battle Atop the Eiffel Tower fairly pointless.

Nope! You're totally right! whistle

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.