Popular Tags: [View All]
Justin
United States
Creve Coeur
MO
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Common Andy core elements with a heavy lean toward events.

C&C: Andy (45 cards)

Andromeda: Dispossessed Ristie

Event (21)
3 Account Siphon
3 Dirty Laundry
3 Easy Mark
2 Emergency Shutdown
2 Infiltration
3 Quality Time •••
2 Special Order
3 Sure Gamble

Hardware (8)
3 Desperado
3 Plascrete Carapace
2 R&D Interface ••••

Resource (3)
3 Same Old Thing

Icebreaker (10)
1 Corroder ••
3 Crypsis
1 Deus X
3 Faerie
1 Mimic
1 Yog.0

Program (3)
3 Datasucker •••

Built with http://netrunner.meteor.com/

EVENT: tons of them! Easy no-discard playouts from the first draw / QT overdraws, and sandbagged burst econ recovery.

HARDWARE: I would like a third RDI, but not enough to make the most-reasonable cut: 1x Deus X and 1x Quality Time.

RESOURCE: I love the purity of SOT being the only (ephemeral) resource in the deck. Yeah, no Kati.

ICEBREAKER: I prefer 1x Deus X to an extra Mimic or Yog, given the utility against modern HB and Jinteki.

Semi-notable absences: Kati Jones, Inside Job, E3 Feedback Implants, Compromised Employee. Not sure FAO is even notable at this point.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sonny A.
Denmark
Copenhagen
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Looks solid.

I might be tempted to remove 1 RDI and 1 Quality Time and throw in a LARLA and a Dyson mem chip.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Panagiotis Zinoviadis
Greece
Thessaloniki
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Among the Stars:The Ambassadors
mbmbmbmbmb
I am not sure about the 3rd Plascrete and the 3rd Quality Time. I end up playing 2 of each in my Andromeda.

If you remove two of those then you can have two copies of Inside job, a must card in my opinion due to the popularity of Weyland rushing a Project Atlas or something else. It can also stop the first Astroscript of NBN, not enabling it to chain the rest of them and ending the game quickly.

I really love Inside Job .
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Neil G
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I love no long-term resource Andy, this is the version I'm currently running:

Deck Created with CardGameDB.com Android: Netrunner Deck Builder

Identity:
Andromeda: Dispossessed Ristie (Humanity's Shadow)

Total Cards: (45)

Event: (21)
Account Siphon (Core) x3
Easy Mark (Core) x3
Emergency Shutdown (Cyber Exodus) x2
Forged Activation Orders (Core) x2
Inside Job (Core) x3
Special Order (Core) x3
Sure Gamble (Core) x3
Dirty Laundry (Creation and Control) x2

Hardware: (8)
Desperado (Core) x2
Plascrete Carapace (What Lies Ahead) x2
R&D Interface (Future Proof) x2 ■■
Akamatsu Mem Chip (Core) x2 ■

Program: (12)
Corroder (Core) x1 ■■
Datasucker (Core) x3 ■
Mimic (Core) x2 ■
Yog.0 (Core) x2 ■
Faerie (Future Proof) x2
Crypsis (Core) x2

Resource: (4)
Bank Job (Core) x2
Same Old Thing (Creation and Control) x2

Influence Values Totals -
Anarch: 9
Criminal: 54
Shaper: 6

Inside job is absolutely uncuttable as far as I'm concerned. Not only is it obviously awesome early game, late on you can often use it to skip a big ice that would cost you a ton to break with corroder/crypsis, turning it into an economy card.

The mem-chips might seem odd but the deck is built for RL play so I only have 2 desperados to put in it, and I find without 5 mem it really struggles. If I had a third core I'd definitely drop them for a couple of QTs and just aggressively mulligan for desperado.

I'd never thought about totally cutting FAO but I think you might be right, 3rd dirty laundry and plascrete would probably be a better fit.

Inclusion of Bank Job & lack of Deus X are very much meta-based choices, I do like Deus X as a 1-of for certain matchups but don't reckon I'd get enough use out of it against what I usually face (lots of small ice HBFA & Weyland T&B)

I haven't yet found I've missed Kati, being able to ignore tags from the moment you find a plascrete more than makes up for it for me. That being said in your version with no Inside Job or Bank Job don't you find you sometimes run out of steam against someone who has HQ well protected?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justin
United States
Creve Coeur
MO
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
2097 wrote:
I have a very similar deck and I wonder: how do you deal with Closed Accounts?

Keep burst econ (esp. Easy Mark + Sure Gamble) in hand until needed, and rapidly draw/play out of major surplus Siphon money.

To the general comments about Inside Job: I just haven't enjoyed drawing it in my opening for a long time, especially in multiples. Will reconsider if rushdown gets big here.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
William Frank
United States
Brooklyn
NY
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I have a deck very similar to this. One splash I've found to seriously help: Levy AR Lab Access. Recycle all of your Events (and the trashed Same Old Things) back? Yes plz.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lluluien
United States
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Vapo wrote:
That being said in your version with no Inside Job or Bank Job don't you find you sometimes run out of steam against someone who has HQ well protected?

Who is this Corp that can keep HQ well protected against a Crypsis Criminal while they also have to score agendas and fend off R&D Interface?

In that rare game, I find the best recourse for your overall win % is to just plan on losing it, and design your deck around murdering them the other 90% of the games. I think Justin has done that pretty well here.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ian Nelson
United States
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
This is the nudge I've needed to cut all resource-based Econ and add easy marks to my Andy deck. Every time I quality time and don't hit a hedge fund or dirty laundry it feels like a waste, easy mark makes that happen less. Nice to see someone spending that last floating influence on dues x as we'll.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justin
United States
Creve Coeur
MO
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm trying -1 Dirty Laundry, +1 Inside Job. It is nice to add it to the Same Old Thing discard toolbox.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lysander
United States
Georgia
flag msg tools
mb
Event-based Criminal SOT decks are STRONG. I've recently started a Gabe equivalent of this deck, and if you don't mind my sharing, it's as follows:

Gabriel Santiago: Consummate Professional

Event (20)
2 Account Siphon
2 Demolition Run ••••
3 Emergency Shutdown
2 Forged Activation Orders
2 Hostage
1 Inside Job
2 Networking
2 Special Order
3 Sure Gamble
1 The Maker's Eye ••

Hardware (7)
2 Desperado
1 Feedback Filter
3 HQ Interface
1 Lemuria Codecracker

Resource (9)
3 Daily Casts
2 Kati Jones
1 Professional Contacts ••
3 Same Old Thing

Icebreaker (6)
2 Corroder ••••
2 Ninja
2 Yog.0 ••

Program (3)
3 Sneakdoor Beta

Mine is a bit more long-term than yours, though getting set up early is a piece of cake. Aside from being able to SOT criminal subterfuge, the ability to use it on Makers Eye or Demo Running the Corp's entire hand repeatedly is bananas (completely shutting down Weyland flatline and HBFA). I haven't even needed Account Siphon and am still tweaking the deck.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lysander
United States
Georgia
flag msg tools
mb
2097 wrote:
Lysander, that deck looks like it really doesn't want to get tagged.

It definitely doesn't want a tag at the end of its turn mid-game, but early and late game it is easy to play around. Early on, Gabe is supposed to run with as little rig as possible, so tags don't do much. Late game, this deck has the flexibility to run tag-me and chew through porous tagging ice and Siphon repeatedly (which is what Alexfrog's archetype does as well - it runs Kati and/or PC until it's well-set up then switches to Siphon tag-me).

Getting tagged midgame while setting up with Kati/PC is unfortunate, but if that happens, it's still very possible to recover. Either way, NBN is the only faction capable of easily tagging the runner as long as the runner doesn't run on its last click and maintains a larger credit pool than the corp.

(Plus, I sincerely believe the argument can now be made that going tag-me isn't necessarily the best option, due to the available pool of extremely good resources)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lysander
United States
Georgia
flag msg tools
mb
Something has just occurred to me.

Astroglide, why do you run R&D Interface when you could run The Maker's Eye? Granted, the former is great for long games, but my personal experience has shown me that Criminals aren't equipped for long games. PLUS it's much harder to predict TME, it requires far less setup, and it's another SOT candidate.

I've been running two TME's for a while and in conjunction with 3 SOT's, it's significantly better than RDI. It's funny actually how everyone drools over RDI and forgets that there ARE alternatives that are just as good if not better in the right deck.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justin
United States
Creve Coeur
MO
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Lysander1 wrote:
Astroglide, why do you run R&D Interface when you could run The Maker's Eye? Granted, the former is great for long games, but my personal experience has shown me that Criminals aren't equipped for long games. PLUS it's much harder to predict TME, it requires far less setup, and it's another SOT candidate.

Methinks your long-game view could have something to do with, "I haven't even needed Account Siphon." That's my #1 SOT target with a bullet, and it's still splitting time with some others in context, like Emergency Shutdown. By the endgame, the breaker suite is hyper-efficient and RDI is the only finishing touch that's needed. I like TME, but I'm reusing Siphons way too much and I don't like requiring assured runs in light of random interruptions.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justin
United States
Creve Coeur
MO
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
astroglide wrote:
I'm trying -1 Dirty Laundry, +1 Inside Job. It is nice to add it to the Same Old Thing discard toolbox.

Oh, and I've really liked this change, especially with the ability to SOT it in a pinch against crazy decks. Thx for the nudge back to IJ, all

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justin
United States
Creve Coeur
MO
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
In tag-me Criminal, I like both, but would easily take Mark over Laundry if forced to choose. Bootstrapping out of a jam, getting up to 5 for a Gamble, hiding econ, etc.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.