Mark Nicosia
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
SMASH!!!
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm just curious what other people feel about combining their games into smaller boxes, or, furthermore and perhaps more radically, modifying their boxes.

I've got a touch (at least) of OCPD in me, and this issue kinda pulls at 2 ends of it at once. Say you have a game in a nice big box, then you get an expansion in a smaller box. Or, 2 versions/volumes of a game (Like Cartagena 1 and 2)

Do you keep the purity (and resale value) of your set by keeping everything as is, with original inserts and all?

Do you throw the expansion into the bigger box, even if you have to throw out the insert and add bags or Planos, and throw out the expansion box (or store it if you have room)

Or, what if, by some small chance, you find everything can fit into the smaller expansion box? Do you throw the whole game + expansion in the smaller box, and throw away (or store) the larger base-game box?

Currently, I do the last choice there. Although one part of my OCPD likes to keep things neat and orderly and in original condition, the other, more powerful side of my OCPD loves, just LOVES, to store everything in the smallest possible space. A very small, extremely dense block of gamey goodness, that doesn't take up much shelf space, is often my main goal.

If I was better at knife and glue I would actually probably cut down a lot of my boxes to remove all the dead air space from them. Boxes like Pluck You and Escape drive me crazy. Even smaller boxes, like Incan Gold, Sleuth, Las Vegas, and Battle line could be half their size. At it most extreme, I'm even tempted to try to cut more folds into the boards of Lost Cities and Scripts and Scribes the Dice Game to make them fit into smaller boxes.

So, am I crazy? (don't answer that ) Anyone else feel a constant urge to compact?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Slobodon Ginfizz
United States
Unspecified
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aaron Y
United States
Forest Hills
New York
flag msg tools
zenpunk wrote:
At it most extreme, I'm even tempted to try to cut more folds into the boards of Lost Cities and Scripts and Scribes the Dice Game to make them fit into smaller boxes.

ok will the modification of boxes
ok with combining games
but to go insofar as to modify a game board? thats IS extreme. i'd imagine after a bunch of uses it could completely sever

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.