Hide
4 Posts

Spartacus!» Forums » General

Subject: Errata for this one? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Bob Turcot
msg tools
I'm just setting this up and noting that there seems to be some errata right off the bat in the first scenario. The set up hexes for the Lutetia map don't exist and the set up of cohorts for one of the Roman Legions seems to have confusing numbers listed. It doesn't look like a deal breaker- I'm guessing the the hexes were taken from the Britannia map next to Lutetia and that the cohort numbers are a misprint and something that can be ignored. Has anyone seen any official errata on this?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rick Galli
United States
Scottsdale
Arizona
flag msg tools
badge
The 4th Hussars Do Not Ride Donkeys!
mbmbmbmbmb
vtturk wrote:
I'm just setting this up and noting that there seems to be some errata right off the bat in the first scenario. The set up hexes for the Lutetia map don't exist and the set up of cohorts for one of the Roman Legions seems to have confusing numbers listed. It doesn't look like a deal breaker- I'm guessing the the hexes were taken from the Britannia map next to Lutetia and that the cohort numbers are a misprint and something that can be ignored. Has anyone seen any official errata on this?

Better late than never!

The setup hexes were taken from the 1st edition of Conquest of Gaul. The 2nd (2006) edition Luetia and Britannia maps have different hex numbers. The maps are otherwise identical. So to make the Salinae scenario work on the newer map, subtract 2600 from all set-up references.

The cohort numbers for Salinae seem to make sense to me, I don't think they are a misprint.
XI Legion: All 10 recruit cohorts (1x TQ7 vet #1, 4x TQ6 rec #2-5, 5x TQ5 rec #6-10)
XII Legion: Recruit cohorts 5 through 10 (1x TQ6 rec #5, 5x TQ5 rec #6-10)
XIII Legion: Recruit cohorts 3 through 10 ((3x TQ6 rec #3-5, 5x TQ5 rec #6-10)
If you meant the setup hexes for XI Legion, and the fact that the setup for the second line is in descending rather than ascending order, I took that to mean that cohort #5 (TQ6) goes in 4315 (1715) and the two TQ5 cohorts go in the other two hexes. But it probably doesn't make much difference!

FYI, there is errata for the Spartacus module (copied from a text file that I copied from ConsimWorld several years ago):

1. Gladiator GS units are treated as Vet CO.

2. Flame Rollers are immune to missile fire. (By the time they would be in range, its too late to stop the rolling fireballs.)

3. The Syria LI replaced the Pontus LI listed in the set-ups.

4. There is no Arab LI unit. Use the Auterci 6 BI unit instead.

5. The black Eq Gldtr Cavalry Unit is BC (no BS)

These answers are a bit late for the OP, but hopefully they are of use to the next person who has the same question.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Manning
United Kingdom
Leamington Spa
Warwickshire
flag msg tools
Alfred Adler (1870-1937): The greatest psychologist of the 20th century - not recognised as everyone plagiarises his ideas
mbmbmbmbmb
And I am the next person - so thank you very much!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.