Canada
Quebec
Quebec
flag msg tools
Solo player that don't play solo
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hey all, here's what the A:NR card looks like in a FFG sleeve...

Really don't like the extra lenght and width...those are clearly too big...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy Mills
United States
Iowa City
Iowa
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Rhezuss wrote:

Then get smaller sleeves. I like the extra room.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ian Toltz
United States
Boston
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
designer
Your cat likes me more
badge
In brightest day / In blackest night / No evil shall escape my sight / Let those who worship evil's might / Beware my power--Green Lantern's light!
mbmbmbmbmb
Eh. I find the width perfect, and the extra length actually makes it easier to un-sleeve the cards (bang the deck upside down to move cards to the top, then pull the bottom down at an angle to slide the card out).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alejandro G.
United States
Hurst
Texas
flag msg tools
Sometimes you have to roll the hard six.
badge
I'm getting my men...
mbmbmbmbmb
Ultra Pro Mattes > All Else.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brad vanVugt
United States
Baltimore
MD
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm with you. Used them until storage was becoming an issue. Switched to ultrapro's and have been happy with them.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Bernier
Canada
Quebec
Quebec
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
manydills wrote:
Rhezuss wrote:

Then get smaller sleeves. I like the extra room.

Never bought FFG sleeves before and thought that FFG sleeves would fit perfectly with FFG games, especially when the company tells you the kind of sleeves to buy behind the box.

Maybe i'm too picky...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy Mills
United States
Iowa City
Iowa
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
In my view, they fit. You just prefer a less roomy sleeve, that's all.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Clayton Threadgill
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
FFG uses standard sized cards (1.5" x 2.5"), and standard sized sleeves are slightly bigger than that.

I've never seen sleeves that were exactly the same size as the cards. It would make it really difficult to get the card into and out of the sleeve, possibly damaging the card in the process, which would defeat the purpose of the sleeves.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Bernier
Canada
Quebec
Quebec
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Well i'll keep them anyways and probably get used to it. Love the quality of those sleeves though and the feeling is great.

I'm a bit more used with Mayday sleeves (the 125% thicker ones) and they fit perfectly so that's why I was a bit put off by the FFG ones.

Quality Wise though, they're great.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nigel McNaughton
New Zealand
Wellington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I use them, but they are big, makes storage quite annoying because they are always just that little bit too big for everything. Currently in the middle of making my own storage dividers and stuff because of it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Franka
United States
San Antonio
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmb
I ran into exactly the same issue. I actually just started getting into this game about a week ago and figured that somewhere along the way, this issue had already been identified and addressed so I wasn't going to bring it up. But look--someone else is as dissatisfied with the FFG sleeve fit as I am!

The FFG gray card sleeves are too big for my tastes as well. Squeezing the card from the sides makes the front and back of the sleeve bow out, and it bothered me so much that I sent a ton of these FFG sleeves back to CoolStuff (at my expense) solely for this reason. I had a fair amount of Ultra Pro standard sleeves (66x91mm) sitting around and tried those and those fit MUCH BETTER than the FFG gray pack sleeves.

I was really surprised. I figured since FFG publishes the game and puts out the sleeves, the fit would be close to perfect. Nope. For what it's worth, I've used the FFG green and the FFG yellow sleeves for other games and have always been pleased with them. But the gray sleeves are just not a good fit for the Netrunner cards. The Ultra Pros work great.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Silent Requiem
msg tools
Just a couple of thoughts.

First, do remember that double sleeving is increasingly popular, so having a little extra space in the outer sleeve is important to some people.

Second, FFG's promo cards sometimes have slightly larger dimensions than their regular cards due to the different production methods used. I can only imagine the backlash if FFG's own sleeves could not fit these cards.

For my money, doubled sleeved KMC is the way to go for my regular decks. I have used FFG sleeves for less competitive games (like Blood Bowl), though.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott C
United States
Troy
OH
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Another fan of Ultra Pro Pro-Mattes, here. Though occasionally, I get envious of the better color contrast that the non-matte faces retain. But I prefer the feel of the Matte faces and the lack of glare.

FFG's sleeves disappoint me, not only because they're bigger than I prefer, but because their art sleeves are printed on a white base, which looks absolutely ugly surrounding all of their games' cards. So you've got these gorgeous art backs, that look ugly when you flip the card face up. *sigh*
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Kudzma
United States
Millsboro
Delaware
flag msg tools
designer
People are...
badge
SPOCKED!!
mbmbmbmbmb
I prefer a tighter fitting sleeve when I'm playing frequently. I do REALLY like the FFG sleeves but the added length can make them harder to shuffle.

On a side note, some avid MtG players who've used them have said they can split easily.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy Mills
United States
Iowa City
Iowa
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
locusshifter wrote:
I prefer a tighter fitting sleeve when I'm playing frequently. I do REALLY like the FFG sleeves but the added length can make them harder to shuffle.

On a side note, some avid MtG players who've used them have said they can split easily.

I have used over 2000 FFG clear sleeves and have never had one split.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Kudzma
United States
Millsboro
Delaware
flag msg tools
designer
People are...
badge
SPOCKED!!
mbmbmbmbmb
manydills wrote:
locusshifter wrote:

I have used over 2000 FFG clear sleeves and have never had one split.

I've not used quite that many, but I also have had no issues.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Marchlewitz
Canada
Unspecified
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I may be in the minority, but that picture makes me think that they are also too big and would annoy me. If I ever get the game I'll get different sleeves.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
João Almeida
msg tools
mbmb
Ultra Pro Matte fit perfectly, but I find them terrible to shuffle compared to FFG or Dragon Shield sleeves.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Bernier
Canada
Quebec
Quebec
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Just bought some Ultra Pro Matte and some Mayday 125% thicker sleeves. I'll test both of them when I get home...but i'll probably ditch the FFG ones.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Grish Noren
msg tools
mbmb
You have to remember that promos are slightly bigger than regular cards; however you can't play those with clear sleeves anyways, so maybe its a moot point.

I've found the game of thrones sleeves work great through; and if there's extra space its not a big deal with opaque backing.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Linnell
United States
San Diego
CA
flag msg tools
I really need a new badge, avatar, and overtext. GM me with any ideas....
badge
This is the seahorse valley
mb
FFG might use the sleeve size that they do because they have had varying card size in the past. If I show you a pic of my Warhammer: Invasion collection, you can easily tell which cards come from the core set and which ones are from battle packs just based on the dimensions.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Grant Cain
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
FFG sleeves are my first and only sleeve purchase (finally gave in). I'm money concious and didn't want to spend a lot and just wanted them to protect the cards. For me they slide around a LOT when you first get them and I was disappointed in my purchase. I decided to continue to give them a shot and they stopped sliding and have grown on me to the point where I would pay for them again. They work well, I don't feel that they are too big for shuffling/playing with and they ARE really easy to slide around cards.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mychal
United States
Tempe
Arizona
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Delaric wrote:
Quote:

FFG's sleeves disappoint me, not only because they're bigger than I prefer, but because their art sleeves are printed on a white base, which looks absolutely ugly surrounding all of their games' cards. So you've got these gorgeous art backs, that look ugly when you flip the card face up. *sigh*

I also think the white backing is ugly, I hate it. Especially on Star Wars art sleeves where the front is black and then you turn it over and it's white, argh.

Do you think if enough of us complain about the white backing, FFG will do something about it? Because I agree it looks awful.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Linnell
United States
San Diego
CA
flag msg tools
I really need a new badge, avatar, and overtext. GM me with any ideas....
badge
This is the seahorse valley
mb
Skylar114 wrote:
Delaric wrote:
Quote:

I also think the white backing is ugly, I hate it. Especially on Star Wars art sleeves where the front is black and then you turn it over and it's white, argh.

Do you think if enough of us complain about the white backing, FFG will do something about it? Because I agree it looks awful.

I think if you find a way to make black backing more cost effective they might. My stab in the dark is that the material begins the same color on both sides, and they start with white so that colors actually show up when printed on the back...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brodie
United States
KC
Missouri
flag msg tools
mb
I have used FFG "gray" sleeves pictured in the OP, Ultra Pro Mattes, and Dragon Shield. The Ultra Pros are the best, for my money, but Dragon Shield are a close second.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.