Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
John Choong
Malaysia
Kuala Lumpur
Wilayah Persekutuan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Is the rule book available for this game? Am interested but would like to know more about its mechanic. I still have some difficulty understanding how the game plays out watching the video like the placement of the tokens.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Glickman
Canada
Montreal
Quebec
flag msg tools
designer
No rulebook, yet.

To start the game, you draw 6 cards - 3 of your faction, 2 Legendary, and 1 "Catchup".

Each turn, you take 2 actions.

They can be the same ones, or different.

Possible actions:

a) Place a common piece.
b) Play a card from hand. You must have a matching pattern or be behind by the appropriate amount. Do what the card says.

At end of turn, draw until you have the right cards in hand again (3, 2, 1).

Two game modes exist. In melee, you score points for destroying tokens and when your opponents beg. In standard, you get points from "quest cards" that say things like "match X pattern" or "destroy X units in a single turn".

Don't know how game length works, actually.

That's the whole game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Choong
Malaysia
Kuala Lumpur
Wilayah Persekutuan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm curious. How does the opponent beg?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Glickman
Canada
Montreal
Quebec
flag msg tools
designer
Oh, right. When they use the catchup card they got at the start (or one of the new ones they've drawn to replace it). Supposedly.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Grogan
United Kingdom
Cullompton
Devon
flag msg tools
designer
Check out all my instructional How to Play videos at youtube.com/GamingRulesVideos
mbmbmbmbmb
brighknight_216 wrote:
Is the rule book available for this game? Am interested but would like to know more about its mechanic. I still have some difficulty understanding how the game plays out watching the video like the placement of the tokens.

Hi John. Have you seen the sneak preview threads? There have been 2 so far, and there will be 4 more leading up to release date. By the end of the series, you should know most of the rules. A lot of them have already been covered, and more will follow in the next sneak preview.

If I could politely ask that if questions could wait until the preview threads are done. Anyone who played this during the many demos and playtests will find that the final rules have changed from when they last played it

The catch-up cards will be covered in a later preview.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Karl
Austria
Salzburg
Salzburg
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
What would be of interest to me is how much memorizing all possible combos gives an edge in gameplay. I am notoriously bad at memorizing cards of a game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joel Fox
Canada
Vancouver
BC
flag msg tools
mb
kilrah wrote:
What would be of interest to me is how much memorizing all possible combos gives an edge in gameplay. I am notoriously bad at memorizing cards of a game.

It was previously mentioned that evaluating your opponent's options will only be a factor in advanced play. Therefore, you will not find this to be an issue when playing with
Paul Grogan
United Kingdom
Cullompton
Devon
flag msg tools
designer
Check out all my instructional How to Play videos at youtube.com/GamingRulesVideos
mbmbmbmbmb

EDIT: On a more polite note, 3 cheers to Paul for his Sneak Previews!!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Grogan
United Kingdom
Cullompton
Devon
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
majormajor wrote:
It was previously mentioned that evaluating your opponent's options will only be a factor in advanced play. Therefore, you will not find this to be an issue when playing with PaulGrogan

So very, very true. "Stick to what you're good at" people say. So for me, thats demoing and teaching the game, not playing it
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Choong
Malaysia
Kuala Lumpur
Wilayah Persekutuan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
PaulGrogan wrote:
majormajor wrote:
It was previously mentioned that evaluating your opponent's options will only be a factor in advanced play. Therefore, you will not find this to be an issue when playing with PaulGrogan

So very, very true. "Stick to what you're good at" people say. So for me, thats demoing and teaching the game, not playing it

I always thought that one should be good in the game by playing it in order to demo it.

Perhaps there is a fine line that distinguish teaching the game and playing it.

Will be waiting in anticipation of more preview. And the artwork on the cards look good.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard
United States
San Diego
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I could demo chess every day for a month and I still wouldn't be any good at it.

I can do a lot of things a lot and not be good at doing that thing.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.