Subject: Excellent Customer Service rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
sos
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Emailed Gamewright regarding damaged cards in the shrinkwrap. In a little over one week I received a package in the mail with a new deck and a promo card!

Thanks Gamewright!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Cotter
United States
St. Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
Same here...my game came with many damaged pieces and Gamewright went above and beyond to correct the problem.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Level 3 Tunt
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I came here today to report the same thing. Some of our desert tiles came damaged so you could tell what they were from the back. Gamewright was quick to send a new set, along with the Storm Tracker promo card. I'm really impressed with their response time and quality - it's probably the best I've had for an issue with a board game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Seth Pontiff
United States
Houma
Louisiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Good to hear. I am missing the Columns tile from my game. Hope they extend their generosity to me as well.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
g3p g3p
Canada
Markham
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I am not so fortunate.
This is my first time ever contacting Gamewright and I do not know if I want to buy any of their future games from here on.....

So the day I bought Forbidden Desert, I got defective tiles, not just 1 or 2, MANY of them..
You can tell what kind of tile it is just by looking at its back.
The tiles' backs were poorly cut....

I contacted Gamewright right away (Aug 10th), they were fast on shipping YET ANOTHER defective tiles! More than 50% of the replacement tiles were bent upon arrival... The envelope was not bent, but the tiles were!

On the same day I received those defective replacement tiles, I emailed Gamewright again (Aug 31st) to ask them if they could replace these tiles and I was ignored... Never got any replies anymore.
I followed up with them TWICE on Sept 8th and Sept 25th, still no reply.
I only asked them nicely, trying to get an update..
I even told them that if they can no longer replace the tiles, I do not mind printing and glue-ing the back image of the tiles.. So I was asking if it is possible to get the images..

I don't know if I want to buy Gamewright games anymore at this point....
What do you guys think I should do?

If Matt Leacock sees this message, please help me sort this out.. =(

P.S.: Due to this defect, I and my group had not played this great game after 3-4 times.. Simply because you can tell which one is the Mirrage tile, which are the Oasis, which are the "Gear" tiles and the helipad..
It is just that bad..
If it is possible, I do not mind sending all 24 defective (or not so defective) tiles back and get another new set, the PROPER ones...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul McKenzie
United States
Ashburn
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Tough break, I hope it works out.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
g3p g3p
Canada
Markham
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
@Paul,

Thanks for reading and replying to my lengthy post. ^^;

Just to give an update to my previous post, Gamewright had finally contacted me the day after I posted the issue.
The replacement had been sent last Tuesday.

Originally I was planning to update the post at the end of all this.
It could be better, but as long as this got resolved, I am a happy gamer.
Forbidden desert is really an awesome co-op game!

EDIT: Just want to do a quick update, so I got the replacements in my mailbox today! Now that I have a playable Forbidden Desert, I am a happy gamer!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rafael Ramus
msg tools
designer
Ora et Labora
badge
In Saecula Saeculorum
mbmbmbmbmb
They do respond quickly. I'm waiting for the cards of the game (mine are all really bad cut). They might get some time to get here though, as I'm living in Brazil right now.

UPDATE: Best customer service ever! I received the new set of cards today. Awesome job.

They have a new fan cool

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Jamieson
United States
Oxford
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Another shout out about the quality service. I was missing one tile. The company got me a new set in about 2 weeks (as they said in their response). High marks in my books.

Peter
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
terry chang
Australia
Adelaide
South Australia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
i got few damaged sand tiles
which email do you guys send to?

i do agree most of the tiles were poorly cut...bent already when brand new

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Level 3 Tunt
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
frozenkuku wrote:
i got few damaged sand tiles
which email do you guys send to?

i do agree most of the tiles were poorly cut...bent already when brand new

jester@gamewright.com, from http://www.gamewright.com/gamewright/index.php?section=about....

Even with a handful of tile issues I would hesitate to call this issue widespread. Forbidden Desert has sold an awful lot of copies. And I think most families are going to enjoy the game even if they have a nicked tile here or there.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J Barrett
United States
Albuquerque
New Mexico
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Went through my first play session with my 8yr old son, we excavated all the tiles only to discover that we were missing the yellow row Propeller clue tile! Turns out we got an extra tunnel. It was disappointing, but the discovery coincided with bed time anyway, so we would have lost in any case.

Contacted Gamewright customer service through the website and through the email address. I will update my post as my story unfolds

Edit: Awesome. They sent me another yellow "column" tile, so now I have 2 of those. I was very specific on the web form and email... oh well. The quality is great though, I was concerned that the back of the tile would stand out, but it's fine. The promo card the included helps. Now when we play, once the second column tile is revealed, we turn it sideways
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Francois
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
aberrantjots wrote:
Went through my first play session with my 8yr old son, we excavated all the tiles only to discover that we were missing the yellow row Propeller clue tile! Turns out we got an extra tunnel. It was disappointing, but the discovery coincided with bed time anyway, so we would have lost in any case.

Contacted Gamewright customer service through the website and through the email address. I will update my post as my story unfolds

Similar issue, I'm missing yellow propeller horizontal clue tile, I have the standard 3 tunnel tiles but, I have an extra generic gear tile.

I've just sent a message to Gamewright via their web site, I'm glad to read all the good news about the customer service. I will update when I get more info.

Cheers!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.