Popular Tags: [View All]
Don Smith
United States
Verona
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The non-player coalition flow-chart leads to sweep. The flow chart states "If Air Lift then Sweep would activate last Underground Taliban in a space, Air Lift to flip most before sweep."

The situation on the board, coalition does not need to Air Lift to activate last Underground Taliban in any space (thanks to ISR being in play). Does Coalition still Air Lift or do they Air Strike instead?

Thank you!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Volko Ruhnke
United States
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Air Strike instead.

From 8.8.3:

Quote:
• If Air Lift into a space before Sweeping would Activate the last Underground Taliban there (that otherwise would not be), first Air Lift .... If not ..., Air Strike.

Good luck! Volko
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Don Smith
United States
Verona
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks Volko!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam H
United Kingdom
Glasgow
Scotland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Another question regarding NP Coalition and Sweep.

Flowchart tells Coalition to Sweep in place, and airlift first if that will allow final Taliban guerilla activation.

Does this mean they will never airlift to a 'new' space (no previous Coalition pieces) to Sweep there even if they could activate all guerrillas there?

I can see that Coalition will establish themselves in new spaces if they airlift after Training. In the game I'm playing I'm Taliban, and am often in spaces with Gov but no Coalition, so their Sweep barely touches me. Just checking that I'm playing it right.

Thanks in advance.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam H
United Kingdom
Glasgow
Scotland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
(Same idea/question applies to the Assault algorithm.)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
P. Fowler
United States
Indianapolis
Indiana
flag msg tools
We provide...
badge
The rich and powerful take what they want. We steal it back for you.
mbmbmbmbmb
bonnieprince wrote:
Does this mean they will never airlift to a 'new' space (no previous Coalition pieces) to Sweep there even if they could activate all guerrillas there?

This seems to be the case. It looks like they will secure spaces they're already in first so they can Train to Support before seeking out new spaces via Train-Air Lift or Surge.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.