Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Eddie the Cranky Gamer
Canada
Edmonton
Alberta
flag msg tools
badge
So I recently picked up the Mayfair edition of the game. I know that some people feel the rules are terribly written, but I didn't feel that way. Sure, they were not great. But Ghost Stories (1st Ed)? Now THERE is a terrible rule book. This one was just not very good, but after reading the rules I felt I understood the gameplay pretty well.

....with the exception of this "reversing actions" issue.

Now the rules there are just plain badly written, where the difference between the icons is barely explained rather than laid out in the explicit detail required. And unfortunately reading the rules forums here made it worse, as the subtlety gets all confused with Panic Die vs Player Action, and Spirit of the Rules vs Letter of the Rules.

So I'm just wondering - is there a concise summary of this rule somewhere I'm not finding to spare me the angst of further searching?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Snooze Fest
United States
Hillsborough
North Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
We love our pups!! Misu, RIP 28 Nov 2010. Tikka, RIP 11 Aug 2011.
mbmbmbmbmb
what is the text (don't have game handy but I've played the original, some time ago)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Duff
Canada
Ottawa
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
apotheos wrote:
....with the exception of this "reversing actions" issue.

Now the rules there are just plain badly written, where the difference between the icons is barely explained rather than laid out in the explicit detail required. And unfortunately reading the rules forums here made it worse, as the subtlety gets all confused with Panic Die vs Player Action, and Spirit of the Rules vs Letter of the Rules.

I haven't read any discussion here, but the rules are perfectly clear on this in my opinion.

If the icon has the slash symbol, you can never just undo the move of the previous player.
"You cannot use the same action as the previous player to simply reverse that action."

If the icon has the multi-colour symbol, you normally can't undo the move of the previous player unless the die was just rolled.
"You cannot use the same action as the previous player to simply reverse that action. You are allowed to reverse the action if a sheep panic roll affected the flock immediately before your turn."
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.