Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Q You
Canada
MISSISSAUGA
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Other than printing out new copies of rules (e.g universal head)
How do you remember all these specific numbers of... the tires differences, +1/+3 from turn, etc etc? Other than flipping it from page to page on the rulebook?

Maybe it's just me...
I feel like this game could use a small reference card?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Mc Cabe
United States
Arizona
flag msg tools
There are those who look at things the way they are and ask why . . . I dream of things that never were and ask why not
mbmbmbmbmb
There is a Tire Chart with all of that information on one page, at least there was in the original Formula De.

Brian

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim
United States
New Castle
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mb
All of the tire wear information between hards/softs/wets is on one page in the rules (in my Formula D book it's page 11). But here's a brief rundown:

Dry Weather:

Softs are ooey and gooey and grip the road better, so they give you a little extra push when you first put them on. However, their ooey gooeyness makes them fragile, so when you overshoot you lose two tire points instead of just one. Additionally, their fragility makes them lose their bonus on the second lap, and by lap three they're literally falling apart at x3 points per overshot space.

Hards are default. They don't push you forward any, but they don't break down any faster than usual. Everything's at a 1:1 ratio here.

Wet tires are designed to push water out of the way and therefore get very hot and ragged when in the dry (as they are also cooled by the water). They shred themselves apart at x2 damage points per space of overshoot, and x3 on the third lap.

Wet Weather:

Softs don't get an optional extra bonus space in the wets. Both the Softs and Hards get a mandatory three space slide at the end of every move where one space of your movement involves a corner. Their wear rates are the same as in the dry, however.

Wet tires only have to slide one mandatory additional space because this is the weather they were designed for. Additionally, they no not take any additional wear point damage, wearing at a 1:1 ratio for each space they overshoot by no matter what lap you're on.

It helps when you follow racing, but I hope I explained these adequately that you'll have an easier time remembering. If not, there are a few really handy reference cards in the Files section here.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan Freels
United States
Gainesville
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I made my own card markers with the tire rules on the bottom. The normal hard tires are printed on the cards. When you want soft or rain tires, then you just place those markers (with rule) over top of the hard tires.

File
http://www.boardgamegeek.com/filepage/79038/custom-car-cards...

Picture
http://www.boardgamegeek.com/image/1395635/formula-d

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.