Recommend

Thumb up
 Hide
7 Posts

Dungeon Command» Forums » General

Subject: Anybody Made A Faction Balanced With The Already Existing Box Sets? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jools Thomas
Japan
Takarazuka
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
For the sake of ease and balance me and my board gaming buddies always play with the pre-made, out of the box factions. It sure would be nice to have more than five to choose from though. Has anybody made a faction (from cards from any sets; or even the fan made cards) that is both balanced with the out of the box factions and plays quite differently from any of them. It'd also be awesome if it had some sort of fun theme too (pack of animals and their keepers, group of Wizards or whatever). I've got a huge collection of minis and am happy to photocopy any of the cards to make multiples so anything goes!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matias Vierimaa
Finland
Oulu
Oulu
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I guess it would be pretty difficult to make it balanced. It would need a lot of playtesting. Of course, if someone would try it it would be great news though.

Closest afaik is chromaticdragon who had added extra monsters to existing decks based on DDAS games. I haven't tried them yet.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jools Thomas
Japan
Takarazuka
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Well if playtesting is needed I'm happy to volunteer!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
K.Y. Wong
Singapore
Gardens by the Bay
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Jools wrote:
Well if playtesting is needed I'm happy to volunteer!

Alrighty!

Sting of Lolth Reinforcement Pack using D&D Adventure System minis
Heart of Cormyr Reinforcement Pack using D&D Adventure System minis
Tyranny of Goblins Reinforcement Pack using D&D Adventure System minis
Curse of Undeath Reinforcement Pack using D&D Adventure System minis
Blood of Gruumsh Reinforcement Pack using D&D Adventure System minis
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Simon Gingras
Canada
Sorel-Tracy
Québec
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Also:

Custom Cards for D&D Heroscape Miniatures [Finished versions]:
http://www.boardgamegeek.com/thread/880848/variant-custom-ca...

Custom Cards for DDM Miniatures [Ongoing]: http://www.boardgamegeek.com/thread/913980/variant-custom-ca...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ralph T
United States
Signal Hill
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
As for order cards, I think there should be another Turn Undead card, a minor action that allowing lets you slide nearby undead creatures equal or lower level than the wisdom caster 5 squares. The undead creatures are a bit strong and I always like the cards where you can shift your enemy into hazardous terrain.

Perhaps a berserker rage card where you do a melee attack against adjacent enemies equal to your damage? This card would attach to the player's monster that would make your character exhausted (unable to move or use his normal attack), and require you to use a standard action to remove the card.

More cards that attach to the creature and can benefit from removal would be good.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Trevor Payton
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I've actually just now posted my own 12-Creature custom set.

http://boardgamegeek.com/article/15242842#15242842

I've already done some playtesting with my son, and they seem to be pretty even with the existing sets. He beat me (using this set) in our first game, and I beat him in our second. Both games were very close--neither person had more than 5 Morale remaining when they defeated the other.

I've got plans for 2 commanders for this set, but it could be a while before I can finish them.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.