Tomasz Virco
Poland
Wrocław
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Cardinals Plight
Encounter 1
Act I

Heroes Gold: 0(2xhealth potion - current encounter = 50gp)

Heroes:
H1 - Colin West (westcl2) - Tobin Farslayer the Windlander- 0 EXP; eagle eyes
H2 - Sebastian Barth (sirprim) - Alvric Albright the Spiritspeaker - 1 EXP
H3 - Darth Revan (RIP_Sinners) - Nara the Fang the Berserker - 1 EXP
H4 - Jay K (JK777) - Shiver the Runemaster - 0 EXP; exploding rune

Overlord: Chase Toffee (Masterchief1) - 0 EXP; Blood rage

Moderator: Virco

Starting map:

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tomasz Virco
Poland
Wrocław
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Rules summary:

Re: Descent 2ed - Campain Playtest

Rules:

You must own a copy of Descent 2nd Edition, as well as any expansions that are in play in order to participate. This is on the honor system, but this whole thing could very easily be shut down if Fantasy Flight wanted to, so let's do them right and purchase their products if we're going to play them.

Subscribe to this thread! This will help move the game along because the bold red text in your BGG dashboard will compel to look at this whenever there is an update.

Bold your orders! Non-bolded orders will be treated as commentary and will be ignored by me. I welcome discussion/tactical planning but I need to differentiate game moves and fluff at first glance.

Do NOT modify orders once posted and bolded unless the original order is invalid! Editing a post for followup rolls is allowed and encouraged to reduce clutter.

Please reread your posts before submitting. I can stand some typos but give me too many and my eyes start to hurt after a while.

For the sake of speed, the attacker should roll all dice involved in an attack, including the defender's defense pool. With regards to rerolls, the standard rules still apply in that the defender rolled the dice even though the attacker technically rolled the defense dice.

For the sake of speed, players may make certain rolls rather than waiting for the moderator. These include but are not limited to: Search deck rolls, Shop Item Deck rolls. The Overlord may elect to do Overlord card rolls if he does not care whether the heroes know which card(s) he draws.

Players should be very specific about their movement. Many interrupts for movement exist (Tripwire, Pit Trap, Web Trap, Grease Trap, Guard, Nimble, et cetera), and knowing the exact path that a figure has taken is often crucial. An example of specific movement is as follows: Jain Fairwood uses a move action for 5 movement points. Jain moves A1 -> B2 -> B3 -> B4 -> A5 -> A6

Stamina move mark in red color:
Example : Jain moves A1 -> B2 -> B3 -> B4 -> A5 -> A6 -> A7

Heroes should keep a running tally of fatigue use during their turns. This just makes the bookkeeping easier for the moderator. An example of fatigue tracking is as follows: Avric Albright exhausts Prayer of Healing to heal himself. (-1 Fatigue to 3)

If someone makes an illegal/invalid order, all later orders, rolls, and game events become invalid and the game rewinds to that point before the illegal order was made.

Please post "End of turn"/"EoT" in bold when you are finished acting. Please post "End of Heroes' turns" at the end of all of the heroes' turns. If someone doesn't end their turn, it ends automatically after 2 hours. This is simply to help me update and speed up the game.

Maximum delay is 24 hours except on weekends and holidays. It is recommended that you check in at least every 12 hours. This is flexible. If you will not be around and you know it, just let everybody know. If a hero player is gone for an extended period of time, the other heroes can take his turn for him. If the overlord player is gone for an extended period of time, another player will be brought in as a proxy. If you must leave indefinitely, let us know so we can find a permanent replacement.

Only actions taken within the last 24 hours can be rewound/interrupted. Exceptions only if you PM me beforehand.I want to avoid unnecessary slowdowns.

Rules disputes will be settled by the moderator unless a player can provide evidence of an official ruling by Fantasy Flight. I will not stop the game to get an official ruling, but if one exists, we will abide by it, barring any stated house rules.

The Overlord may request slo-mo mode at any time. During slo-mo mode, the heroes should only post what they do up until the first time a die roll is made (either for an attack, an ability, etc.) The Overlord is free to interrupt the hero turn at any point, "rewinding" the game in order to play a trap card or something similar. If the Overlord declines, or after 24 hours, the hero turn will continue; in such a case I'll make the die roll to help keep things moving.

If for whatever reason your turn is rewound to some point, you must make all your orders again. That includes rolls and card draws.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tomasz Virco
Poland
Wrocław
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
GeekRoller:

Blue Dice:

1custom6{iid:1311394;iid:1311395;iid:1311396;iid:1311397;iid:1311398;iid:1311399}

Red Dice:
1custom6{iid:1311403;iid:1311403;iid:1311403;iid:1311404;iid:1311405;iid:1311406}

Yellow dice:
1custom6{iid:1311411;iid:1311412;iid:1311413;iid:1311414;iid:1311415;iid:1311416}

Brown Dice:
1custom6{iid:1311400;iid:1311400;iid:1311401;iid:1311401;iid:1311401;iid:1311402}

Grey Dice:
1custom6{iid:1311407;iid:1311407;iid:1311407;iid:1311408;iid:1311409;iid:1311410}

Black dice:
1custom6{iid:1311390;iid:1311390;iid:1311390;iid:1311391;iid:1311392;iid:1311393}

How to Roll? :

- press [Roll] button
- paste proper custom dice code
- provide comment (dont leave empty)
- validate
- Add Roll (done!)

some custom codes example:

Attack: Blue + Red

1custom6{iid:1311394;iid:1311395;iid:1311396;iid:1311397;iid:1311398;iid:1311399}
+1custom6{iid:1311403;iid:1311403;iid:1311403;iid:1311404;iid:1311405;iid:1311406}

Light Attack : Blue + Yellow
1custom6{iid:1311394;iid:1311395;iid:1311396;iid:1311397;iid:1311398;iid:1311399}+1custom6{iid:1311411;iid:1311412;iid:1311413;iid:1311414;iid:1311415;iid:1311416}

Attribute test (Grey + Black):
1custom6{iid:1311407;iid:1311407;iid:1311407;iid:1311408;iid:1311409;iid:1311410} + 1custom6{iid:1311390;iid:1311390;iid:1311390;iid:1311391;iid:1311392;iid:1311393}

Stand up (2xRed ):
2custom6{iid:1311403;iid:1311403;iid:1311403;iid:1311404;iid:1311405;iid:1311406}

Moderator:

[XIMG]http://i.imgur.com/eDqNE.jpg[/IMG]

Overlord:

[XIMG]http://i.imgur.com/LOJ4O.jpg[/IMG]

Alvric Albright the Spiritspeaker :

[XIMG]http://i.imgur.com/SSS1m.jpg[/IMG]

Shiver the Runemaster:

[XIMG]http://i.imgur.com/Sv3BT.jpg[/IMG]

Nara the Fang the Berserker:

[XIMG]http://i.imgur.com/btYVO.jpg[/IMG]

Tobin Farslayer the Windlander:

[XIMG]http://i.imgur.com/xyoSz.jpg[/IMG]
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tomasz Virco
Poland
Wrocław
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I am starting new campaign,
I was pm-zing people from list for recruitment..
Pm me if interested

If there will be no volunteer for Ol position I can play him as well...

So sign in
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chase Toffee
Finland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

Monster placement:

Minion Ettin (Mauler) in squares F2-G3, Master Ettin in squares H2-I3

Goblin Archers: Minions in squares L4, L5, L6, L7 and master in M6
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Algel Us
Germany
flag msg tools
mb
So that was a fast OL, :'(

I'm out then, GL and HF! ^^
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Colin West
United States
Woodford
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
i'd like to play, i'd be ok w/ any of the heros
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sebastian Barth
Germany
flag msg tools
I'd like to try a game and would play any archetype.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Darth Revan
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
So is this campaign off the Play by Forum queue? http://www.boardgamegeek.com/wiki/page/Descent2_PBF

Anyway, I sent a PM, Syndrael or Leoric would be good for me.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Darth Revan
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
Oh, have classes already been chosen? I don't really like Geomancer...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sebastian Barth
Germany
flag msg tools
I think the displayed heroes are examples. No actual heroes have been chosen afaik

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Darth Revan
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
Neat. I don't have the conversion kit, so I'd want to stick with what I know.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chase Toffee
Finland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
so 4 heroes already? I await your arrival sauron (evil laughter)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tomasz Virco
Poland
Wrocław
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

Sorry for the delay.. I had a long day..
So far I have counted 3 heroes and Overlord, so there is still one spot left..

I suggest playing as Thread stated core game but with conversion kit
It will add more options for overlord and new heroes for you.

Right now I have 2 questions for you:

- Do you wish to play classic game?

and by this i mean 1Red+1Blue+1Yellow+1Green hero character?
or you wish to mix it?
for example 2 mages and 2 worriors ?

-Please provide your character choice from most wanted to the least you wish to play (please provide 3)

I will create map, send starting cards and send you 3 random character cards from the Archetypes you agree to play.

Most additional information can be found here:

http://www.descentinthedark.com/2nd/category/heroes/

or here:

http://descent2e.wikia.com/wiki/Category:Archetypes

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sebastian Barth
Germany
flag msg tools
I'd like to play a classic game.

Archetype preference (I'm happy with any basically): Healer > Scout > Warrior > Mage.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Darth Revan
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
I would prefer core game.

I don't have any preference for classic party.

My preferred archetypes are Warrior -> Scout -> Mage.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chase Toffee
Finland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Do you mean by core game, without the conversion kit? I don´t have the conversion kit myself but I dont mind using it ^^
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chase Toffee
Finland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ok... : D I just checked the monsters that come with the conversion kit, maybe I´ll just stick with the core monsters then : D (or give it a try once in a while ^^.)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tomasz Virco
Poland
Wrocław
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

Great I think finnal spot has been taken
I am waiting for your archetypes
We will play 1 hero per class

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Colin West
United States
Woodford
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
i'd prefer a wildlander or runemaster
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jay K
United Kingdom
West Malling
Kent
flag msg tools
designer
Nothing to see here. Please move on
badge
It's about time!
mbmbmbmbmb
The only one not anyone's first choice is mage. I am happy to take runemaster if that's OK. As mentioned in my Geekmails I don't have the conversion kit though.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jay K
United Kingdom
West Malling
Kent
flag msg tools
designer
Nothing to see here. Please move on
badge
It's about time!
mbmbmbmbmb
Prefer to go Runemaster and then Necromancer followed by Geomancer if I am the Mage. Preferred character would be High Mage Quellen.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Colin West
United States
Woodford
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
i'll go w/ a scout then
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chase Toffee
Finland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hmm.. as it seems there are so many of us without the CK that would it be ok to play without it??
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Colin West
United States
Woodford
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
lol i dont have it either.....so i'm completely fine w/ not using it
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2 , 3 , 4 , 5  Next »  [17] | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.