badge
mbmbmbmbmb

Agnieszka
Poland
Warsaw
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
suggested that we do a weekly chat about BGG awards. Great idea! Let's pool our collective knowledge on the subject.

Conversation starters:

- What are the awards and honors BGG user can be given? What are they given for?

- Confess, have you won an award? What for? Was it exciting? cool

- What about those fancy microbadges that some people have? (purple seal of goodness, pyuredeadbrilliant, the golden camel, etc) Have you received one? Did you create one? Why?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sara Grace
United States
Berkeley
Ca
flag msg tools
Gaaames!
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

Ok, those questions suck but you get the idea.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Agnieszka
Poland
Warsaw
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I haven't won anything special, just the regular BGG poster level awards (I'm at level 5 so 15 more to go whistle), the golden meeple mb for having 10000 thumbs and geek regular badge mb for having over 1000 posts. I think all those are quite common badges on the geek.

After you spend 5 years on the site, you can get "5 year veteran badge" mb. The system counts 5 years from your first login. For me that'll be in 2016...

There is also a badge given out to people who list games at games for geekgold lotteries mb, but I haven't received it even though I listed a game on the lottery so I'm not sure what the criteria here are. Maybe you need to list more games or bigger ones (mine was a small game).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kim Williams
United Kingdom
St Just
Cornwall
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I love all the little awards - it feels nice to earn a little something Definitely a happy moment when I open a Geek mail that gives me a microbadge award.

Other than the poster ones I've got: a Copper reviewer microbadge (for writing 5 reviews), a Copper game collector (for having 100 games), a Copper and Bronze microbadge designer badge (for selling at least 4 copies of 10 microbadge designs), and then 2 badges for winning the Micobadge of the month competition. I also gained some fantastic RPG microbadges and VGG microbadges for participating in, and completing the Gaucho and Soul Ladder games they had running.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonna
Finland
Helsinki
Uusimaa
flag msg tools
admin
designer
"Live your truth. Express your love. Share your enthusiasm. Take action towards your dreams. Walk your talk. Dance and sing to your music. Embrace your blessings. Make today worth remembering." ― Steve Maraboli
badge
नमस्ते (Namaste) – I honor the place in you in which the entire universe dwells. I honor the place in you which is of love, of truth, of light and of peace. When you are in that place in you and I am in that place in me, we are one.
mbmbmbmbmb
All the Award and awardish badges I've got:

The Award badges I've received:

mb mb mb mb mb mb mb mb mb mb mb mb mb mb mb mb mb mb mb mb

Badges one is/was given, but I don't necessarily concider actual Award badges (some of them purchable these days):

mb mb mb mb mb mb mb mb mb mb mb mb mb mb mb mb mb

Sort of Award badges, that one can buy after accomplishing something:

mb mb mb mb mb mb mb mb

Badges for having participated in contests or exchanges:

mb mb mb mb mb mb mb mb mb

Badges given out for having participated in site wide events:

mb

Mountains of Madness

mb mb mb mb mb mb mb

Gaucho

mb mb mb mb mb mb mb mb mb

Soul Ladder

mb mb mb mb mb mb mb mb mb mb
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jan
Belgium
De Haan
flag msg tools
admin
designer
I love cargo biking!
badge
...and videogaming, boardgaming, RPG'ing and helping users as an admin!
mbmbmbmbmb
Well since I've been around for some time I have already accumaleted some special badges:

One of the most special ones to me is off course the golden camel mb Even more so since it just showed up in my geekmail without a word of explanation. It was just there. I never thought I would receive it or know what it was for. Still don't know the second part but I feel blessed to have a golden camel.

Since I'm been fairly active and long around it was rather just a waiting for these to show up: mb, mb and mb.

And when you are here you need to spend your time one way or another, so I started to contribute to the site, these have giving me the following awards: mb, mb, mb, mb.

I also started uploading games into the database, this got me this far: mb, mb and mb.

And probably hanging around here so much I got spotted for a couple of honors: mb, mb and the one from rpg geek that I can't figure a number from to nicely add this to my post. Making me one of the few geeks to have obtained a Gotw trifecta. There are only 5 of us or so.

Then also totally out of the blue I got a: mb without being a very active member of that thread. I also liked the noble knight idea of this mentioned thread. But not being active enough it's something I could never achieve. Thus I started a league of my own on rpg geek. The Dark Brotherhood of the Trash Talk: mb. I'm very fond on this microbadge and being a starting member.

Another fun one to get was: mb, which Melissa awarded to me for starting up the Zoomwatch guild after having a lot of fun during one years Essen Live Stream.

And off course all this talking got me some poster levels, currently they are these: BGG: mb, VGG: mb and the first one on RPGG to obtain: mb
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
JessA
United States
Southwestern
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
That's MRS. McFoxFace to you!
mbmbmbmbmb
My two favorite awards are:

THE PRESTIGIOUS XXXXXXXX AWARD

You can click the image for more explanation (which is not really much more at all!)

2. mb given to the GeekQuestioner of the month. GQs fondly refers to itself as the Urine-soaked Back Alley of BGG, hence the toilet.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Wurtsboro
NY
flag msg tools
admin
designer
badge
We always have time for the things we put first.
mbmbmbmbmb
Barad_the_dwarf wrote:
and the one from rpg geek that I can't figure a number from to nicely add this to my post.

Since they redirect, they're really tricky. I cheated and did a "Save image as", which gave me the microbadge number:

mb
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Wurtsboro
NY
flag msg tools
admin
designer
badge
We always have time for the things we put first.
mbmbmbmbmb
I got mb and then bought mb.

Copper: mb mb
Silver: mb mb mb (though I'm quite close to gold on this, and looking forward to it)
Gold: mb mb

...of the Week: mb mb mb mb

Others:
mb My V badge is due this year
mb
mb
mb
mb A really big one!
mb Another special one
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sarah Reed
United States
Rancho Cordova
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I've mostly gotten the normal automatic awards, but I did get a special award for participating in the 2-player PnP contest earlier this year. That was cool.

Otherwise, I'm a copper in everything I've earned.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Netherlands
Enschede
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Wow, you all have some very nice awards!

I just have the more standard ones: mbmbmbmb

Not sure if this counts: mb, and this one mb
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Julia
msg tools
admin
designer
We have dragged Reason from her Throne and set in her place the Empress of Dreams [liber Endvra]
badge
Noch gibt es dies Land nur im Geiste, doch stehen wir wachsam bereit. Am Feuer erklingen die Lieder für eine bessere Zeit.
mbmbmb
I was tagged twice pyuredeadbrilliant (once for getting the P500 tousandth microbadge, and once for the thread The Pet and the Meeple), I was hugged by a Moose (and I survived! Hamster power!) and I received some "automatic" microbadges:

- mb as Silver Folding donator

- mb for having posted at least 1K posts

- mb for 10K thumbs

- mb as Silver Boardgame collector (the Golden award is not that far away!)

Finally, the MB I'm most proud to have is this one here: mb

Although it's not an award, it's a honor being part of this community
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joline
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Pretty nice lists for you all!!

I only have the copper board game collector and level 2 poster, so I sure have some catching up to do (and too little time to do it )
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
flag msg tools
badge
Bitter and Acerbic Harridan
I don't have many award MB, except the common ones:

mb mb mb

I do have some that I somehow ended up without buying them.

mb mb mb

One of favorite ones that I bought was this one, because of the inside joke.

mb

I really want a Wrath of the Meerkat microbadge to go along with it. laugh
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Julia
msg tools
admin
designer
We have dragged Reason from her Throne and set in her place the Empress of Dreams [liber Endvra]
badge
Noch gibt es dies Land nur im Geiste, doch stehen wir wachsam bereit. Am Feuer erklingen die Lieder für eine bessere Zeit.
mbmbmb
she2 wrote:

I totally second this! Would be lovely!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Netherlands
Enschede
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Scarlet Witch wrote:
she2 wrote:

I totally second this! Would be lovely!

Oooh, definitely!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Amy
United States
Phoenix
Arizona
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm not very good at making microbadges, but is that what you had in mind?

I'm sure someone with more skills could do much better.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
flag msg tools
badge
Bitter and Acerbic Harridan
Renwmn wrote:

Can't really see the face. I was thinking of trying to make one but also not very good at it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Amy
United States
Phoenix
Arizona
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
she2 wrote:
Renwmn wrote:

Can't really see the face. I was thinking of trying to make one but also not very good at it.

For my numerous attempts at trying to make microbadges, I've awarded myself the following microbadge.

mb "I tried to make a really cool microbadge - but all I made was a blurry mess."

This counts as an award right? laugh

But back to topic I've been awarded

mb - the shiny golden meeple
mb - without being anywhere close to level 5 BGG poster
mb - which I didn't even think I was eligible for. I didn't realize this was based on your private gallery as well.

I've also been really fortunate to be both

mb RPG Geek of the Week and more recently
mb VGG Geek of the Week

Addition: Oh, and I can't forget to mention my most important award...

mb - from the May 2013 Taco Challenge
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.