Yiorgos Golfinopoulos
Greece
Patras
GREECE
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Can the Harbor Master's response be triggered when moving resources via Errand-rider?

Harbor Master
Response: After a card effect adds any number of resources to the resource pool of a hero you control, Harbor Master gains +1 [Defense] until the end of the round.

Errand-rider
Action: Exhaust Errand-rider to move 1 resource from the resource pool of a hero you control to another hero's resource pool.

Is moving resources considered also as "adding" them?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robin Munn

Unspecified
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I believe there's been an official answer from FFG that Errand Rider does not trigger Harbor Master's ability, but I don't remember off-hand where to find it. I'll post a link once I do find it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jan Probst
Germany
Kiel
Schleswig Holstein
flag msg tools
Didn't another thread just end with the conclusion that an effect that prohibits gaining ressources also prohibits errant riding?
I couldn't in good conscience go with it counting as "add" there, but not also do so here here.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robin Munn

Unspecified
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
rmunn wrote:
I believe there's been an official answer from FFG that Errand Rider does not trigger Harbor Master's ability, but I don't remember off-hand where to find it. I'll post a link once I do find it.

I found it. It's not in written form; it's part of one of the COTR Podcast guys' videos:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=td9...

Transcription of relevant section (starting at 32:44 in the video above, in case my link fails to start at the right timecode):

Mitch: "And definitely worth mentioning is that Caleb Grace has verified for us that Errand Rider, which moves one resource from one character to another, does NOT actually trigger this response." (That is, Harbor Master's ability, which was the card being discussed at that point in the video.)

So my conclusion is that for consistency with this ruling, effects that prohibit gaining resources should not prevent Errand Rider's effect, since in this case Errand Rider does not count as a gain. Both of which conclusions seem counter-intuitive to me, but if Caleb has ruled that Errand Rider does not count as a gain for Harbor Master, I don't think it should count as a gain for "heroes cannot gain resources" effects either.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
jakub praibis
United States
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmb
This is most surprisng. So if not Errand-rider, then Bifur neither.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Zeb Ulon

Oxford
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
jpraibis wrote:
This is most surprisng. So if not Errand-rider, then Bifur neither.

This would be worth asking Caleb again. He has changed rules a few times for consistency reasons in the past.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.