Hide
10 Posts

The Supreme Commander» Forums » General

Subject: Sicily rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
don p
msg tools
Is Sicily part of the mainland Italy? may Italians build units there?

Should there be a crossing between Sicily and Italy at Messina?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Friend
United States
Sierra Vista
Arizona
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Don - I'm sure Sicily must be part of mainland Italy. It's not labeled as Sicily (Italy) such as are Crete (Greece), Corsica (France) and Sardinia (Italy). So yes, they should be able to build there.
It's also not marked as a crossing, similar to Scapa Flow and the UK.
Note that North Ireland is not marked North Ireland (UK) but I'm sure it must be part of the UK (given the National border with Ireland)and so the UK can build in Belfast.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Danny Holte
United States
Fullerton
California
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
N. Ireland is part of U.K.

Yes, it is part of Italy and should have an arrow.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Friend
United States
Sierra Vista
Arizona
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Argh!!! So I'm only half right! So Sicily to Italy proper is a crossing. Damn, how did GMT manage to make so many errors on your fine game Danny (counters, maps, charts)? angry

I'm not one to usually come across like this, but for 75 bucks, they owe me (us) a properly produced game! I mean jeez, you've has this game designed for what, about five years? GMT is way better than this!
This stuff is what I would expect from another game company, who shall remain nameless, (but their initials are DG).

Sorry for the vent. :-\

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Danny Holte
United States
Fullerton
California
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Just as it went into production, I was deployed (..still am)

In retrospect, I should have delayed it. It's my fault.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Friend
United States
Sierra Vista
Arizona
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't see any of this as your fault sir. And thank you for not delaying it! Even with its warts, there is a great game here!

I didn't realize you were deployed. God Bless, please stay safe, and come home soon!

Respectfully,

Chris

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
don p
msg tools
Dan Please don't beat yourself up! We all appreciate your quick responses. GMT should work this out. We all have waited for this game and it appears to be a jewel.

Can you still explain the lack of british fleets?

Its turn 14 in my game and the italian navy + german navy outnumbers the british 4-3 in fleets + 3 uboats. The Italians are owning the Mediterranean -- Mussolini could only dream of this.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Danny Holte
United States
Fullerton
California
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Don,

If the Germans decide to increase their navy, then they are not spending in other areas. Technology, extra corps; something. They're probably going to want those ground forces too I bet.

The German fleets can't get into the Med, either, unless they control Gibraltar. Sometimes you have to pick your fight, and the UK has the ability to do so.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Loken
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
In other words, while the Germans CAN do this, SHOULD they? The Russian bear is pretty damn big, and those ships will be of little help against the Soviets.

The Brits couldn't build up their fleet that significantly during WW2 - they could build new ships, but probably couldn't have done much more than they actually did. Many of their ships were refitted WW1 or post WW1 boats.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Danny Holte
United States
Fullerton
California
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

It's hard to say. cool

There are many ways go, and Germany in the campaign is not compelled to "win the war" to win the game, but merely hold on to enough by the end.

That was a main design goal; plenty of decision points, and the ability to apply alternate strategies to obtain a win. (Without going TOO far off the historical rails of course.)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.