Dungeon Roll» Forums » Variants

Subject: Additional phases variant rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jonathan Buckley
Wales
flag msg tools
mbmb
Piggy-backing on some really great ideas I came up with an idea I'd appreciate others to try for themselves.

2 new phases are added to the game, between the Dragon phase and Regroup phase.

* "Search for hidden gold" *

The adventurer rolls a number of dungeon dice equal to the level they have just cleared. For each chest rolled they receive a coin, (flip side of the treasure tokens.) These are used to purchase mercenaries in the next phase.

* "Pay for mercenaries" *

The adventurer can spend coin to return any number of companion dice from their graveyard to their active party. The chosen companion cannot have its type altered when it returns from the graveyard, (i.e. if you're bringing back a dice with the thief side showing, it must come back as a thief.)

2 gold - Return a Warrior, Mage, Cleric or Thief companion.
3 gold - Return a Champion companion.

Scrolls cannot be returned as companions.

Reward incentive, and abilities to bring back characters through other means. This also restricts the player from buying dice to that phase.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Schott
United States
Roanoke
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
That sounds interesting. I may give this a try. It assists delving further and that's something that the base game is missing. (especially as you just rarely have the adventurer dice to keep delving)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.