Popular Tags: [View All]
Philip
Canada
Moncton
New Brunswick
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi guys,

I'm re-starting a group of gamers to play arkham horror once a week, and soon i'll have more then 4 players.

I know that if theirs 5+ investigator, when a gate appears you put 2 monsters instead of one.

Number of gate to awaken the AO change every 2 player

Monster limit in arkham is [3 + player]
Outskirt limit is [8 - player]

I don't think there's other changes.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Corinthian
msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
The only other thing is that some of those numbers are modified if you're using more than one expansion board. The official FAQ explains it:

Quote:
"The rules are unchanged when using more than one expansion city, except that the number of players should be counted as being one less for each expansion board in play beyond the first. So, if six players are playing a game using both Dunwich and Innsmouth (for a total of two expansion cities), they are counted as having one less player, for a total of five players. This modified number of players is used only for determining the monster limit, the maximum number of monsters that may be in the Outskirts, the maximum number of gates that can be open at once, and the number of monsters that are drawn and placed when a gate opens. It reduces the level of difficulty for the players since they have so much more ground to cover. However, it does not apply to various card effects (such as Rumor mythos cards), to the number of successes needed to remove a doom token in the Final Battle, nor to the number of gate trophies the investigators must have for a victory by closing all the gates on the board."

Of course if you're just using the base game or one expansion town, you don't have to worry about all that.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Philip
Canada
Moncton
New Brunswick
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks Corinthian, we're planning on playing with one expansion for now.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.