Recommend
 
 Thumb up
 Hide
26 Posts
1 , 2  Next »   | 

Android: Netrunner» Forums » Strategy

Subject: 2 Corp decks, first time deckbuilding, need your tips! rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
David Bernier
Canada
Quebec
Quebec
flag msg tools
Solo player that don't play solo
badge
Solo player that don't play solo
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Hey, first time really deckbluiding here and even though if I lose 95% of my games when I play Corp I still prefer this faction, more challenging and fun for me.

So I worked on 2 Corp decks, Weayland and HB. Here they are and I would like if you could comment on those and help me get them better. I played 3-4 games with them so far and I prefer Weyland for now, more income, tags, etc.


WEYLAND CONSORTIUM
Identity: Building A Better World

Agendas (12) - 23 points
Posted Bounty (1)
Hostile Takeover (3)
Project Atlas (3)
Priority Requisition (3) [Neutral]
Private Security Force (2) [Neutral]

Assets (7)
Dedicated Response Team (1)
PAD Campaign (3) [Neutral]
Melange Mining Corp. (2) [Neutral]
Project Junebug (1) [Jinteki] +

ICE (17)
Shadow (3)
Ice Wall (3)
Hadrian's Wall (2)
Cell Portal (1) [Jinteki] ++++
Chum (2) [Jinteki] ++
Sensei (2) [Jinteki] ++
Data Raven (2) [NBN] ++++
Hunter (2) [Neutral]

Operations (13)
Beanstalk Royalties (3)
Power Grid Overload (2)
Shipment From Kaguya (2)
Scorched Earth (2)
Green Level Clearance (2) [HB] ++
Hedge Fund (2) [Neutral]

Upgrades (4)
Amazon Industrial Zone (2)
Research Station (2)

TOTAL CARDS: 53
TOTAL INFLUENCE: 15



HASS-BIOROID
Identity: Engineering The Future

Agendas (10) - 21 points
Accelerated Beta Test (3)
Project Vitruvius (2)
Director Haas' Pet Project (1)
Corporate War (2) [Neutral]
Priority Requisition (2) [Neutral]

Assets (5)
Adonis Campaign (3)
Snare! (2) [Jinteki] ++++

ICE (20)
Eli 1.0 (3)
Viktor 1.0 (2)
Viktor 2.0 (2)
Heimdall 1.0 (2)
Heimdall 2.0 (2)
Viper (1)
Archer (2) [Weyland] ++++
Enigma (3) [Neutral]
Wall of Static (3) [Neutral]

Operations (12)
Biotic Labor (2)
Green Level Clearance (2)
Oversight A.I. (3) [Weyland] ++++++
Anonymous Tip (2) [NBN] +
Hedge Fund (3) [Neutral]

Upgrades (2)
Ash 2X3ZB9CY (2)

TOTAL CARDS: 49
TOTAL INFLUENCE: 15


Thanks everyone for the tips!
 
 Thumb up
0.01
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Perry
United States
Alabama
flag msg tools
mb
what are you trying to accomplish with the following cards in your weyland deck:

cell portal
amazon industrial zone
research station
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Bernier
Canada
Quebec
Quebec
flag msg tools
Solo player that don't play solo
badge
Solo player that don't play solo
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
experimilk wrote:
what are you trying to accomplish with the following cards in your weyland deck:

cell portal
amazon industrial zone
research station


Honestly? I don't know...
I started from some ideas I found on the web and modified along the way.

I'm a faily new player too so i'm not 100% sure what Corp do what, i'm still learning...

EDIT: I'm not home but i'll look at those cards tonight. What should I focus on with W and with HB?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Perry
United States
Alabama
flag msg tools
mb
FIRSTLY, you have waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay too many agendas. i don't know if your decksize is facilitating them, but you definitely need to cut back. Private Security Force is going to do nothing for you.


ok cool. All of those cards have an extreeeeeeeemely limited scope, and so if you're not designing your deck around them, it's probably better off that you don't have them in your deck.

shipment from kagura is not really a card you need. It works better in Because We Build It decks (and then it doesn't really work well there either). I would evaluate Sensei as well. I don't know if i would say cut it yet, but it's not the easiest card to use.

If you are tagging and bagging (and if you have data ravens, you are) you need 3x scorched earth.

A card that works pretty swell for Weyland is Snare! it creates a tagging threat that functions from central servers without you installing anything.

If you are going to run a transaction operation, you should run 3 of each, since they are the only cards that prevent your identity from being a neutral ID that does nothing.

You may want to consider a singleton archer, or two archers. While they're not the best cards vs. criminal and their emergency shutdowns, a well placed archer can still win the game for you.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Bernier
Canada
Quebec
Quebec
flag msg tools
Solo player that don't play solo
badge
Solo player that don't play solo
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Great thanks man! There's a LOT to check and consider when you start deckbuilding, it's a bit overwhelming at times for a newb.

I'll rework my deck tonight with your ideas and other I found!

Thanks!
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Clyde W
United States
Washington
Dist of Columbia
flag msg tools
Red Team
badge
#YOLO
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Deck build with Meteor, it is amazing. I'd link you to it but am on my phone. Google for it.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
JPG
Canada
Sherwood Park
Alberta
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb

Easy Mark is a blog on BGG that has tips for beginners.

Dimsumboy did a few videos on deckbuilding. You might want to check it out.

This one http://boardgamegeek.com/blogpost/22029/lets-build-weyland-t... is about building a Weyland deck.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Roger S.
United States
Roseville
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
clydeiii wrote:
Deck build with Meteor, it is amazing. I'd link you to it but am on my phone. Google for it.

Visit http://netrunner.meteor.com

The site also contains many already-constructed decks from other players that you can use as a starting point and tweak from there.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Perry
United States
Alabama
flag msg tools
mb
decadence20 wrote:
clydeiii wrote:
Deck build with Meteor, it is amazing. I'd link you to it but am on my phone. Google for it.

Visit http://netrunner.meteor.com

The site also contains many already-constructed decks from other players that you can use as a starting point and tweak from there.


If you're new to the game i REALLLLLLY recommend netdecking at first before trying to build your own. you can't really build decks unless you have a pretty solid knowledge of how the game plays.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher MacLeod
Canada
Moncton
New Brunswick
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
experimilk wrote:
decadence20 wrote:
clydeiii wrote:
Deck build with Meteor, it is amazing. I'd link you to it but am on my phone. Google for it.

Visit http://netrunner.meteor.com

The site also contains many already-constructed decks from other players that you can use as a starting point and tweak from there.


If you're new to the game i REALLLLLLY recommend netdecking at first before trying to build your own. you can't really build decks unless you have a pretty solid knowledge of how the game plays.


I second this. Once you understand how some proven decks fit together and work, you'll have more success at making your own decks have a coherent game plan.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gregory Pettigrew
United States
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Kiv6 wrote:
I second this. Once you understand how some proven decks fit together and work, you'll have more success at making your own decks have a coherent game plan.


Netdecking your first deck is not the way to achieve that goal, however.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jacek Wieszaczewski
Poland
Wrocław
Poland
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
I think the best way to learn to build decks is reading threads/articles that give a decklist but add a good explanation of card choices as well. The "unveiling NB Never Advance" thread is a great example, after reading it I feel I understand how this deck should work and I can try to build my version knowing what I want to achieve.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Clyde W
United States
Washington
Dist of Columbia
flag msg tools
Red Team
badge
#YOLO
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
etherial wrote:
Kiv6 wrote:
I second this. Once you understand how some proven decks fit together and work, you'll have more success at making your own decks have a coherent game plan.


Netdecking your first deck is not the way to achieve that goal, however.
I disagree. There are many ways to learn how the game works, and netdecking is a valid one.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rod Shelton
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Netdecking??
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Benjamin White
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
roshne wrote:
Netdecking??


It's a term that came from collectible card games. It means to copy a decklist read online without modifying it. Rather than come up with your own list from scratch you play a deck that performed well.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Bernier
Canada
Quebec
Quebec
flag msg tools
Solo player that don't play solo
badge
Solo player that don't play solo
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
I've done some "netdecking" with minor modifications and came up with 1 Weyland deck and 1 NBN deck.

My HB deck played to similar to my Weyland one so I wanted to try something a bit more new. So I checked online and found some nice NBN decks and chose one.

Can't wait to try them tomorrow!

Ok, i'm off to play some GTA5
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Perry
United States
Alabama
flag msg tools
mb
basically what you want to do with your netdecks is play them, feel them out, and once you have a flow of the game down, you can start to visit and appraise individual cards. "what's this card do? this card SEEMS like it MIGHT be fun to play. what cards work well with this one? do those cards cost influence? can i make a case for these cards to work in tandem together?"

and then you put together a deck try it 10 games and realized that your chaos theory data link reversal with all nighters and joshua b just doesn't work the way you want it to BUT YOU GET THE EXPERIENCE AND YOU KNOW WHAT DOESN'T WORK so you have a better idea about what MIGHT work.

good luck!
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Bernier
Canada
Quebec
Quebec
flag msg tools
Solo player that don't play solo
badge
Solo player that don't play solo
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
New decks for tonight, both dropped at 49 cards and took more care building them. I netdecked those with some mods sinceI only have 1 core set and don't have Opening Moves yet.

WEYLAND CONSORTIUM
Building A Better World


Agendas (11) - 20 points
Hostile Takeover (3)
Project Atlas (3)
Posted Bounty (2)
Priority Requisition (3) [Neutral]

Assets (8)
Dedicated Response Team (3)
PAD Campaign (3) [Neutral]
Snare! (2) [Jinteki] ++++

ICE (17)
Shadow (3)
Ice Wall (3)
Caduceus (3)
Hadrian's Wall (2)
Hunter (2) [Neutral]
Data Raven (3) [NBN] ++++++

Operations (13)
Beanstalk Royalties (3)
Shipment From Kaguya (2)
Scorched Earth (2)
Green Level Clearance (3) [HB]+++
SEA Source (1) [NBN] ++
Hedge Fund (3) [Neutral]

Upgrades (0)

TOTAL CARDS: 49
TOTAL INFLUENCE: 15



NBN
Making The News


Agendas (10) - 21 points
AstroScript Pilot Program (2)
Restructured Datapool (3)
Project Beale (1)
Breaking News (1)
Private Security Force (3) [Neutral]

Assets (9)
Marked Accounts (3)
Ghost Branch (2)
Melange Mining Corp. (2) [Neutral]
Dedicated Response Team (2) [Weyland] ++++++

ICE (18)
Flare (2)
Tollbooth (2)
Data Raven (3)
Matrix Analyzer (3)
Draco (2) [Neutral]
Data Pike (2) [Neutral]
Hunter (1) [Neutral]
Ice Wall (1) [Weyland] +
Wall of Static (2) [Weyland]

Operations (12)
Closed Accounts (2)
Hedge Fund (3)
Midseason Replacements (1)
Psychographics (2)
Scorched Earth (2) ++++++++
SEA Source (2)

Upgrades (0)

TOTAL CARDS: 49
TOTAL INFLUENCE: 15

 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Roger S.
United States
Roseville
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Definitely give those two a shot and see what you think.

In particular, I'd recommend evaluating the following:

* The effectiveness of Dedicated Response Team (especially in NBN where it's using up 6 influence)
* Do I want another Astroscript Pilot Program in NBN?
* Am I drawing enough ICE consistently? Should I add more to the decks?
* Am I able to score Restructured Datapool consistently (enough to warrant its inclusion as a 3x in my deck?)
* With the focus on tags in the NBN deck, and including Psychographics, do I want more Project Beales in the deck?
* What is the purpose of my ICE? Is it to keep them out, tax them each run, set them up to get killed, etc...? Is my ICE servings its purpose and does it have an appropriate place to go (remote server vs. central server vs. which particular central server)?

I definitely don't mean to lead you in any direction on these topics (except maybe adding another Astroscript Pilot Program :), just wanted to point out things I think are worth considering.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Bernier
Canada
Quebec
Quebec
flag msg tools
Solo player that don't play solo
badge
Solo player that don't play solo
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Cool thanks man!

I alreayd ditched 1 Restructured Datatpool and added 1 Project Beale.
I don't think I have access to 3 AstroScript Pilot Program (only 1 core set, don't have the cards with me right now and maybe i'm wrong).

I'm also thinking about adding a couple upgrades...never used them much but some look cool. I'll have to ditch some more cards in order to add them though.

Really helpful advices, thanks a lot!
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Glenn Glenn
msg tools
mb
An awesome upgrade for nbn is San San city grid. Even though you only have one, pushing through a 3 difficulty agenda in one turn is fantastic, and you can force the runner to come at it and trash it, or risk you scoring more. This is one of the reasons that Beale is so good, and the fact that you can score it as a 3/5 any time you feel safe.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Roger S.
United States
Roseville
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: Upgrades:

Can't believe I forgot to mention initially, but definitely try to fit in SanSan City Grid in your NBN deck. It's one of the best cards in the game, but unfortunately you'll only have 1 copy with 1 core set. Having 2 core sets myself, it's one of two different cards (the other being Desperado) I really wish I had 3x of.

The great thing about SanSan (in addition to allowing you to score agendas out of hand) is it puts tremendous pressure on the runner to run the server it's in and trash it (costing them 5 creds). If they cannot or will not run to trash it, they will be in a world of hurt as you power through your agendas from hand (this is where the 3 difficulty agendas come in handy, as with a SanSan out you can install, advance, advance, score all in one turn).
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Bernier
Canada
Quebec
Quebec
flag msg tools
Solo player that don't play solo
badge
Solo player that don't play solo
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Love that! I'll try to add SanSan in my NBN deck!
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
decadence20 wrote:
The great thing about SanSan (in addition to allowing you to score agendas out of hand) is it puts tremendous pressure on the runner to run the server it's in and trash it (costing them 5 creds). If they cannot or will not run to trash it, they will be in a world of hurt as you power through your agendas from hand (this is where the 3 difficulty agendas come in handy, as with a SanSan out you can install, advance, advance, score all in one turn).


BUt isn't the opportunity cost an issue? Rezzing Sansan requires 6 credits/clicks, that could be spent doing all sorts of other things. Even if you use it to score three agendas you are only saving 3 credits/clicks. I guess there is value in being able to score an agenda without giving the runner a chance to make a run but it seems like a pretty hefty cost.

That said, I'll try fitting it into my Jinteki deck for gaming tonight.

Brian
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Asterisk CGY
msg tools
bwridge wrote:
decadence20 wrote:
The great thing about SanSan (in addition to allowing you to score agendas out of hand) is it puts tremendous pressure on the runner to run the server it's in and trash it (costing them 5 creds). If they cannot or will not run to trash it, they will be in a world of hurt as you power through your agendas from hand (this is where the 3 difficulty agendas come in handy, as with a SanSan out you can install, advance, advance, score all in one turn).


BUt isn't the opportunity cost an issue? Rezzing Sansan requires 6 credits/clicks, that could be spent doing all sorts of other things. Even if you use it to score three agendas you are only saving 3 credits/clicks. I guess there is value in being able to score an agenda without giving the runner a chance to make a run but it seems like a pretty hefty cost.

That said, I'll try fitting it into my Jinteki deck for gaming tonight.

Brian


The key is to not rez it until necessary. At 5 trash it'll still hit a runner reasonably hard unless they're running Whizzard/Paricia/Scrubber. You can probably safely have it sit on a moderately protected server for several turns as you save up the 6+ advance credits to make use of it.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.