Mark Hanford
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi folks, I can't find any info about this, so apologies if it's old-hat, but I play some games with other BGG members, and so when I log plays I put their username in the relevant fields. However those plays don't show on their played lists.

Does that mean if 5 BGG'ers play a game, they each need to log the game?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Russ Williams
Poland
Wrocław
Dolny Śląsk
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmb
cylindric wrote:

If they want to see it in their list of plays, then yes, they need to log it AFAIK.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Wurtsboro
NY
flag msg tools
admin
designer
badge
We always have time for the things we put first.
mbmbmbmbmb
Generally, you can't affect another person's account (while I know that you have good intentions, there is the possibility that someone would use it negatively). Same reason as microbadges can't be directly gifted to another person.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bryan Thunkd
United States
Northampton
MA
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
cylindric wrote:

No. They don't NEED to.

But if they want it show up for them in their list of logged plays, then yes, they would need to log it on their own account.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
col_w
United Kingdom
Poole
Dorset
flag msg tools
badge
mb
If/when play recording gets re-written, play-sharing is one of the planned improvements. For more info, see here:

Potential changes to Play recording
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Wolfe
United States
Columbus
Ohio
flag msg tools
Zendo fan, Columbus Blue Jackets fan, Dominion Fan.
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
col_w wrote:
If/when play recording gets re-written, play-sharing is one of the planned improvements. For more info, see here:

Potential changes to Play recording

Tomorrow, it will be 3-1/2 years since that thread was started. I would love to see logging (and reporting) improved, but my opinion of log-sharing has not changed: it must be optional.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Hanford
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I get the whole opt-in stuff, but shouldn't be too tricky to say "anything from my 'friends' is allowed, ignore anything else".

Shame about the update-silence. It does seem odd that the premier site for gaming doesn't seem to get any updates ever.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.