Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jon Dennis
United States
Waterloo
Iowa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
With cards like Gen Khan and injured captains throwing things off mid-game, I thought of a solution for initiative that we already have components for.

Instead of sandwiching your flight stand with two captain chits, set one of them to the side. Then line up the extra chits in descending captain order.

Now when a critical hit makes Picard a zero or a casualty drops Khan from a 9 to a 6, you can just move the chit to its new place in the order.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cap'n Ginger
United States
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
I'd rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotomy
mbmbmbmbmb
I basically plan on bringing a d10. Place on captain card, change number as necessary.

(I haven't yet personally hit a situation where captain skill was so fluid that tracking initiative turn-to-turn got that complicated.)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
D Conklin
United States
North Carolina
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
A quick hack is to use the ID Tokens from X-wing (if you have them) or other numbered tokens to put an Activation order number (light side) and Combat order number (dark side) on each ship card to make it easier to remember. Also easy to change in fluid situations.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Wyant
United States
Spindale
NC
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Very good idea! Thank you!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.