GeekGold Bonus for All Supporters at year's end: 1000!
8,608 Supporters
$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
19 Days Left

Support:

Recommend

Thumb up
 Hide
10 Posts

BoardGameGeek» Forums » Game Groups » Europe » Ireland

Subject: Any boardgamers in West Wicklow rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Steffen Klauer
Ireland
Valleymount
Wicklow
flag msg tools
I am looking for people playing boardgames in the West Wicklow/Kildare area (I am based in Hollywood. Anybody around Blessington, Naas etc.). I have a number of light Euro games which I like to play but for a lack of people to play with they just gathering dust in the shelf.
There are some groups in Dublin but it is difficult for me with a young family to get the time to travel. Would be better to start or join a group in the area.
Any boadgamers out there?

Steffen

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Declan Noonan
Ireland
Limerick
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
check out the grand hotel Wicklow
this weekend is nwg
more wargaming that boardgaming
but i'm sure you would find somebody there to help you find a group and maybe even play a game or two

best of luck

rossnaruin

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steffen Klauer
Ireland
Valleymount
Wicklow
flag msg tools
Thanks for the reply. You are right wargames not quite my thing, but good to know that are people around. Little bit on the wrong side of the mountains for me. I think there is a group in the hobby shop in Wicklow town. I am considering starting a group would not mind hosting it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jude Mapp
Ireland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Good luck mate. I'm usually up for driving to make games but I live in Sligo so I'm a teeny bit out of the way...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steffen Klauer
Ireland
Valleymount
Wicklow
flag msg tools
DrDevidents wrote:
Good luck mate. I'm usually up for driving to make games but I live in Sligo so I'm a teeny bit out of the way...

Thanks DrDevidents, Sligo is not around the corner. Can't get time off anymore from the family. I have to wait till the kids are a bit older.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jude Mapp
Ireland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Well, maybe you can make some of the conventions? Maybe the solution is to overdose on gaming for a few days and that'll tithe you over.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steffen Klauer
Ireland
Valleymount
Wicklow
flag msg tools
DrDevidents wrote:
Well, maybe you can make some of the conventions? Maybe the solution is to overdose on gaming for a few days and that'll tithe you over.

You are right, missed Knavecon which looked good. Maybe I should do my own mini convention. "If you build it, He will come"

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Declan Noonan
Ireland
Limerick
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
next year again for knavecon
really was a good con!!
make some contacts
make friends
but most importantly "PLAY GAMES"
"be pure,be vigilant,board game

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jude Mapp
Ireland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
There's always Gaelcon. And Dominicon. Warpcon, Itzacon, Q-con, Vaticon...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ugo Greevy
Ireland
Bray
Wicklow
flag msg tools
Hobbyshack in Wickow town - wargaming every thursday night and last thursday of the month is gameboard night.

This month we are are holding special horror themed board game night on Wednesday 30th. Feel free to pop along!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.