Popular Tags: [View All]
Evan Dunn
United States
Brooklyn
New York
flag msg tools
You toast the waffle.
badge
In a syrupy voice, the awful waffle walker tries to butter you up.
mbmbmbmbmb
My wife and I will be in Schroon Lake this weekend, (about 1 hour north of Glens Falls). Any gamers in the area who might want two guests this weekend? We're in our early to mid 30's.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Wurtsboro
NY
flag msg tools
admin
designer
badge
We always have time for the things we put first.
mbmbmbmbmb
You're not that far from Albany, you might look up events happening there.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Evan Dunn
United States
Brooklyn
New York
flag msg tools
You toast the waffle.
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Perhaps. It seems a bit far, but we'll see how it goes.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Etkin
United States
Gloversville
New York
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
biddi biddi biddi
mbmbmbmbmb

If you're driving through South Glens Falls (which is right off 87 exit 17), you can hit Cooper's Cave pretty easily:

http://cooperscavegames.com/

I'm not sure what their current weekend scheduling looks like, so I'd advise calling ahead.

To my knowledge, that's the only public gaming north of Saratoga.

If you're passing through Saratoga, on 87 exit... 15, I believe, is the mall, which has a pretty decent little game/card shop, also with public gaming:

http://comicdepotllc.com/shop/

Incidentally, it has some used RPG stuff that is insanely well priced.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Evan Dunn
United States
Brooklyn
New York
flag msg tools
You toast the waffle.
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Very interesting. Cooper's Cave is only 44 min south (according to google). I'll give them a call and find out if they do open board gaming one of the nights we're up there.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Etkin
United States
Gloversville
New York
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
biddi biddi biddi
mbmbmbmbmb

Yeah - the GF region isn't exactly a hotbed of geek-friendly activity, despite the gamer population density. Micro-stores have popped up and closed in GF and surrounding areas constantly, but the selection and space ALWAYS sucked.

But the Cooper's Cave guys seem to be pretty active in the local game community (I don't personally know them). And Comics Depot has a MUCH larger area than the store front would suggest.

If you're willing to trek to Albany, you have MUCH better odds - there's Zombie Planet, Flights of Fantasy, and Grimfoe Games (which is TOTALLY optimized for play space). And next month is Schenectady's Council of Five Nations annual con.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Evan Dunn
United States
Brooklyn
New York
flag msg tools
You toast the waffle.
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Sounds fun. I've been to the Albany area places from time to time because my brother went to school up there. Unfortunately I'm only up from today til Sunday, so we'll see what I've got time for. Fingers crossed something will happen this weekend.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Emperors Grace
United States
Rexford
New York
flag msg tools
Hello!
badge
All that is gold does not glitter, Not all those who wander are lost;The old that is strong does not wither,Deep roots are not reached by the frost.
mbmbmbmbmb
IIRC, isn't there a place in Aviation Mall (Glens Falls, Exit 19)?

I never get up there but I think I remember hearing about a store there years ago. (May be lost to time given the success rate of hobby shops)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Etkin
United States
Gloversville
New York
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
biddi biddi biddi
mbmbmbmbmb
If there is, I haven't seen it. I was just there last week.

I believe there was, probably about 10 years ago.

When I first moved back to the area, there was a flash of upstarts in the Glens Falls locale. Unfortunately, they stocked very little product and were essentially just MtG distributor/re-sellers with some gaming space.

Honestly, though. If one was inclined to hit Exit 19, you might as well opt for Exit 17 instead and hit Cooper's Cave... Or Exit 15 and hit Comic Depot. They're better shops than anything I've ever seen in the city of GF itself.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Evan Dunn
United States
Brooklyn
New York
flag msg tools
You toast the waffle.
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Once upon a time there was a game/comic shop in that mall, across from the food court or some such. I remember going there one or twice in my youth. I think it's been gone for a long time now.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.