Kevin
United States
Fort Collins
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If Seoni has taken a skill feat to increase her Wisdom (to now be a d6 +1), and she needs to make a perception check (which is a skill she doesn't have), does she get to roll a d4 + 1?

I'm pretty sure the answer is no, she doesn't get the +1 from the Wisdom skill feat, but wanted to be sure.

If the answer *is* yes, what about a skill like Arcane, which can show up under different headings depending on the character (Intelligence, Wisdom)?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave E

Florida
msg tools
mb
She would not get the + 1. If you had the perception skill, then the + 1 would take effect.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Wardell
United States
Indianapolis
Indiana
flag msg tools
May 25
badge
I think you ought to know I'm feeling very depressed.
mbmbmbmbmb
Zerofaith wrote:
She would not get the + 1. If you had the perception skill, then the + 1 would take effect.

Only if your Perception skill was based on Wisdom (like all current characters). There could potentially be Perception that uses a different skill later.

Quiet, her muscular ears can hear us.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin
United States
Fort Collins
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks guys - yet again I'm trying to make something meant to be simple too complicated for my own good
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Campo
United Kingdom
Manchester
lancashire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
can i just ask what is making her do a just perception check ?

i find the d4s quite rare, to use so maybe i'm doing things wrong as well?,

Normally i think a check lists the attribute 1st then the skills associated, e.g:-

make a wisdom OR perception as a list wisdom next line perception choose which to use so if yuo dont have perpcetion you choose wisdom (edited)check? so d6+1

not just make a perception check? so just d4

though i think i've seen a monster with make a perception check before combat i'm not sure if it mentioned wisdom,

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kris
Belgium
Leuven
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
You shouldn't read it as a wisdom-perception check. The check is make a wisdom OR a perception check. It are 2 different skills and you can choose one of the 2 to try the check. You can choose the one that has the most chance of succeeding (which can depend on the other cards in hand)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Todd Clifford
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If you have the skill, then you use the check that is on your character. If you don't, then doesn't matter what the skill is based on, you make it at untrained 1d4.

So if you have PERCEPTION: Wisdom +2 and you are making a perception check, you would roll what it says. Your wisdom dice [plus modifier] +2.

At that point, once you have decided what type of check you are going to make,then you modify it with cards and powers.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.