Popular Tags: [View All]
Louis Brenton
United States
Brighton
Tennessee
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Does anyone remember a while back when an app designer posted some videos of the design work he'd done for an official Pandemic app? The project had fallen between the cracks & he wasn't going to be paid after his time investment, etc. He posted about that here a while back. The teaser videos of the new app look strikingly similar to the old videos he posted. It made me wonder if was indeed the same designer, & if things did end up working out for him after all.

If anyone knows more about this, can they confirm or deny my speculation? I'd love to know that his story had a happy ending.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dicky P
United Kingdom
West
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
yeh I had the same thoughts...

http://www.boardgamegeek.com/blogpost/22155?commentid=397741...

there was a bit more discussion in that thread, but no answers to your questions from recollection.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jestin Jund
United States
Sioux Falls
South Dakota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I came to the Pandemic forums just to see what in fact happened. I hope this doesn't end in a messy legal battle.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave B.
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Oof. I'm not fond of how Z-Man has been handling Pandemic lately. They've re-skinned the game in a way to make expansions incompatible, mostly just due to the card backs, and apparently they screwed the guy they originally contracted for an iOS conversion. Classy.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Anderson
United States
seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
Two Time Cancer Survivor - Never Give Up. Never Surrender. -Jason Nesmith from Galaxy Quest (1999 movie)
badge
Seattle Seahawks Super Bowl XLVIII Champions!
mbmbmbmbmb
davidbrit2 wrote:
Oof. I'm not fond of how Z-Man has been handling Pandemic lately. They've re-skinned the game in a way to make expansions incompatible, mostly just due to the card backs, and apparently they screwed the guy they originally contracted for an iOS conversion. Classy.

I believe there is another side to this story. I'm willing to give Z-Man the benefit of doubt.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.