Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Ken Kmak
United States
Parrish
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Please let me know if I understand 16.43 Excess Cards correctly.

First each power in impulse order must randomly discard 1 card if they have more than 8 cards in their hand. They receive 1 resource for doing this. If some powers still have more than 8 cards in hand they SELECT which cards to discard to get down to a hand of 8 cards and receive CP equal to the CP value of the cards discarded which they must use for reinforcements.

So discard one car randomly and then select and discard cards until you have a hand of 8 cards. Is this correct?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Alexopoulos
United States
Clifton Park
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Panzer2C wrote:
Please let me know if I understand 16.43 Excess Cards correctly.

First each power in impulse order must randomly discard 1 card if they have more than 8 cards in their hand. They receive 1 resource for doing this. If some powers still have more than 8 cards in hand they SELECT which cards to discard to get down to a hand of 8 cards and receive CP equal to the CP value of the cards discarded which they must use for reinforcements.

So discard one car randomly and then select and discard cards until you have a hand of 8 cards. Is this correct?

You've got it. Remember, the random card CAN be a Must Play Card. If discarded, the Must Play Card is immediately shuffled into the deck. The cards you select CANNOT be a Must Play Card.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ken Kmak
United States
Parrish
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Thanks Eric.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alan Sutton
Australia
Moruya
NSW
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

And how are cards selected "randomly"? Face down picks by the opponent? A choice by the card holder would not exactly be random would it?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.