Subject: OCTGN Tourney rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Greg Nordeng
United States
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Since there is no BGG league right now, who wants to do an OCTGN tourney?

Please send me a private message if you would like to be part of it. The amount of participants will dictate the structure. It will likely start this Sunday 09/29/13.

If you agree to participate you will be required to:
-Coordinate games with assigned opponents
-Report results in timely manner
-Complete the tournament

There will be a couple decent prize for winner and runner up.

****EDITIED******

We already have enough interest to do this. Prizes will be a full Litco token set and an unopened Opening Moves Data Pack. Champion gets to choose which one they want.

Cutoff for registration will be Friday at noon. Again, message me if you want in. Since it's a tournament format, please submit a deck list to me as well by Friday noon.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ony Moose
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Will this be with or without Opening Moves? Sounds like a good time for one though.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg Nordeng
United States
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Kandiru wrote:
Will this be with or without Opening Moves? Sounds like a good time for one though.

Opening Moves will be available for this tourney.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
spags
United States
Ill Mil
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
What's the timetable looking like for rounds and the like?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg Nordeng
United States
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
spags wrote:
What's the timetable looking like for rounds and the like?

Depends on how many people we get, but I was thinking a round robin format might be fun. Take one week to play a match with everyone in your bracket and then have elimination rounds possibly the next week.

If there is anyone who likes to film and commentate games, that would be cool too, especially for the games towards the end.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg Nordeng
United States
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Group FB page will have standings, rules, chat, etc...

https://www.facebook.com/anrfallclassic

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg Nordeng
United States
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Reminder to get your decklists in today as I will be making the brackets. 22 people said they want to play, your decklist will be the confirmation of your request to be in the tourney. If you have any challenges or questions, please let me know.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg Nordeng
United States
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Brackets Posted
Additional Rules/thoughts for tourney:

We have 5 groups of 5 for 25 total people. Again, we have a competitive field so it should be a great challenge for everyone. In case anyone is wondering how I broke the brackets down, I put all the non-North Americans (that I knew of) in 1 bracket to hopefully make scheduling games easier. Other than that no top 10 finishers in [BGG-L02] are in the same group as each other (nor Hobb33 - the [BGG-L01] Champ). This was to try and make sure there was some semblance of balance. After that it was all random. This was the fairest and most balanced way I could think of building the brackets that took logistics into consideration. I hope you are all ok with my logic.

-You are going to be required to collaborate with each person in your group and have completed all of your first round matches by 11:59 10/06/13.

-Report the scores and winners to be after each match.

-Any person who is unresponsive to match scheduling will be disqualified. Please let me know if you are having challenges reaching someone, I maybe able to help. At a minimum I will know who was trying to initiate contact and you will earn 4 points for a sweep if your opponent is unwilling/unable to schedule a match. I seriously hope this won't be a problem since you are all volunteering to do this.

***NOTICE*** Flaminghito and Bioroid 86 have both graciously volunteered to do some webcasting. Feel free to contact them to see if they are available for your game. I will post the games get on FB for everyone to watch after the tourney.

And Finally... THE BRACKETS!!! Please let me and your group know if you have a different BGG or OCTGN than whats listed here.

Group A - Nordrunner(me), Christkid5, ToneMastaG, WMSkyfall (Skyfall on OCTGN), Stratagon

Group B - Hobb33, FabianFritzer, HeyVince, Etherial, Fetterkey

Group C - Tomatello, Oddcrow, Madhm, Buzznaut, Lopert

Group D - Running_Bear, Neksol, Sydwys8, Patlanicus, Flaminghito

Group E - Indalamar, Ravlin, Zxcubn2, Spags, LordNat
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom Keaten
United States
League City
Texas
flag msg tools
First Click
badge
Praise it.
mbmbmbmbmb
Hey guys - my OCTGN ID is Venali.

Also, Nord. You're taking all our deck lists and competing, eh? THEM CHEATS! (I kid, I kid )

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Maybe Next Time
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Any place we can contact the other players at? Or just PM's?

P.S. To the guys in the same group as me - ping me on OCTGN if I'm online and we can play then and there.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
spags
United States
Ill Mil
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm spags on OCTGN. Feel free to hit me up via PM here or there. I may be available tonight, but I'm out of town this weekend.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Zac Buchalski
United States
Kalamazoo
MI
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Note: I'm zxcvbn2, or just zxcvbn on OCTGN. I'll try to get in touch with everyone in my bracket by tomorrow.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nathaniel Kernes
United States
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I am leaving my entire Sunday open for games so just hit me up when you want to have them. I might be able to do Saturday but not entirely sure what that day looks like yet. If I am online and want to set up a game just message me and I will see what I can do.
If anyone wants to get in an early one (if that is ok by the rules) I can likely start playing in like 2 hours after the wee one goes to bed.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Travis Day
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I'm busy tomorrow but I'm free tonight and sunday this weekend. I'll look for the guys in my bracket when I get home from work in 2 hours.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom Keaten
United States
League City
Texas
flag msg tools
First Click
badge
Praise it.
mbmbmbmbmb
I'll be free all day tomorrow and a bit tonight for group D. Possibly Sunday night as well, but I'll be busy most of the day on Sunday.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Timmy Wong
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Whoops, I totally missed signing up for this! If someone drops out I would be happy to swap in.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
patrick
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
Minis painted "As you wish"
badge
PM me for commission painting info!
mbmbmbmbmb
Hello group A! I have tried to add everyone as friends on OCTGN. I am usually on after 3 am EST. Some afternoons would probably work also. I'm sure I can find most of you in the early half of the week. If not maybe we can schedule something specific.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg Nordeng
United States
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Neksol wrote:
Hey guys - my OCTGN ID is Venali.

Also, Nord. You're taking all our deck lists and competing, eh? THEM CHEATS! (I kid, I kid )

For the record I have not looked at anyone's decklists, and I sent mine to Spags before my first match.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg Nordeng
United States
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
We have added tmoiynmwg to replace Flaminghito in Group D

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gregory Pettigrew
United States
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Nords3x4 wrote:
Group B - Hobb33, FabianFritzer, HeyVince, Etherial, Fetterkey

Actually, it's "etherial".

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom Keaten
United States
League City
Texas
flag msg tools
First Click
badge
Praise it.
mbmbmbmbmb
Hey guys, just a quick FYI to Group D

I will be online every night starting at 6PM EST. I've got a ridiculous list of things I need to get done, so I'll be working around the house during that time, but please send me a whisper and I'll get back to you as soon as I see it - I tend to check pretty regularly. I'm normally up until around 11 or 12 EST despite getting up at 6 for work, so there should be plenty of time for games when you are free!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ravlin Bay
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
FYI to Group E I will be on most nights this week after 6PM. Name on there is just ravlin.

Feel free to message me here on on OCTGN to grab me.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg Nordeng
United States
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
11 matches played over the weekend, many matches to be played yet. Group C and D only have one match played. Also, thanks to Heyvince for catching my blunder. top 12 advancing would not work as it would eventually get paired town to 3 people. We are going to change it to top 14 with top 2 players getting byes. Then the second round will have 8 players, and we will have an even amount of players to effectively run elimination rounds.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Drake Villareal
United States
California
flag msg tools
mb
Forgive my impromptu chart and explanation, but would a Loser's bracket be possible?

Please note, I am neither a bracketeer nor a bracketologist.

Alternatively, instead of a first round of all losers, you could make those first matches just be the losers of round 1 straight up, with no "play in" match. It would be more elegant that way I'm sure.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg Nordeng
United States
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't think I completely follow. I think for simplicity sake, we will just do a single elim this time. Although I do like the double elim/losers bracket idea. Just seems like a lot of virtual coordinating, which there is already plenty with this current format.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2 , 3 , 4  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.