8 Posts

BoardGameGeek» Forums » Gaming Related » Discussing Retailers

Subject: Costume Contest at Miniature Market rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Nerdy Hussy

Illinois
msg tools
I apologize if this is not the correct forum to post this but I wanted to share a contest that Miniature Market is currently doing. People submit pictures of themselves in gaming costumes (or probably any geeky costume)and the winner receives a $100 gift card to Miniature Market.

http://goo.gl/6SfutT

Enjoy!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Michaud
United States
Longwood
Florida
flag msg tools
On-Line Want List Generator - Hopefully Making Math Trades a Little Bit Easier
badge
Captain Kirk, Captain Picard, Captain Sisko, Captain Janeway, Captain Archer
mbmbmbmbmb
nerdyhussy wrote:
I apologize if this is not the correct forum to post this

imho "discussing retailers" is probably the proper form, or any other, check the pinned thread on this forum...

http://www.boardgamegeek.com/thread/656400/whats-a-hot-deal

for what should be posted in this forum

hopefully if enough folks flag this "wrong forum" an admin will simply move it to the right place for you
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nerdy Hussy

Illinois
msg tools
Ah thank you! I'm still learning my way through BGG's forums, Geeklists, and such. I lurk around them a lot, thought I'd finally submit a post.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bruce Clark
United States
Snohomish
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
nerdyhussy wrote:
Ah thank you! I'm still learning my way through BGG's forums, Geeklists, and such. I lurk around them a lot, thought I'd finally submit a post.

I'm surprised you had some difficulty. BGG is by far the easiest and most intuitive website to navigate in the history of the world.

Ever.

/sarcasm
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert
United States
Lebanon
New Hampshire
flag msg tools
designer
Penny Press Kickstarter: 1,284 backers - $60,376! Amazing! Thank you!!!
badge
Play Penny Press!
mbmbmbmbmb
JeffyJeff wrote:
nerdyhussy wrote:
I apologize if this is not the correct forum to post this

imho "discussing retailers" is probably the proper form, or any other, check the pinned thread on this forum...

http://www.boardgamegeek.com/thread/656400/whats-a-hot-deal

for what should be posted in this forum

hopefully if enough folks flag this "wrong forum" an admin will simply move it to the right place for you

This is posted in the right forum, or close enough, per my non-expert opinion. A chance at $100 worth of games for a pic of yourself in a costume is a hot deal.

Item offered: chance at $100 gift card
Cost: pic of yourself in costume.

See, it even fits the unwritten written rules in the post you link to.

While I see a need for the community to nicely point out to new users when they're making a mistake, I think the standard on the hot deals forum is set too high by you, Jeff. I'd rather see one too many posts than one too few.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Fantastic
United States
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Love the post, but agree it's the wrong spot. Thanks for sharing either way though!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Liam
Scotland
flag msg tools
admin
badge
I am BGG's official honey trap
mbmbmbmbmb
Moved from Hot Deals to Discussing Retailers.

Very cool promotion - thanks for sharing!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wurtil
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I am curious why this was moved to discussing retailers, as under the sticky thread here:

http://boardgamegeek.com/thread/448087/admin-notice-discussi...

this doesn't seem to fit here either. We aren't talking about the game retailer (Miniature Market) itself here, this has nothing to do with eBay or movement in the marketplace, and it isn't about buying or selling games. Again, just interested in knowing why, as I've been lurking around for years but still don't understand fully why so many "Hot Deals" and "Kickstarter-related" threads get moved on a constant basis.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.