1 , 2  Next »   | 

BoardGameGeek» Forums » Gaming Related » General Gaming

Subject: ScoreGeek App Giveaway for iPod/iPhone/iPad rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Mike Gibson
msg tools
mbmb
Edit, the promo codes for the contest are used up but please feel free to continue posting plugin requests!

--------

Hi Everyone,

I develop a game scoring app called ScoreGeek that is available on iOS/Android/Win/Mac.

In addition to tracking scores it also provides statistics, achievements, and cloud support to sync scores with your gaming group.

Version 1.2 was just released on iTunes and I have 20 promo codes to give away for iOS.

The app supports 50+ popular games by default but any game can be added and shared via forums. The goal of this contest is for me to add 20 new games to our growing list of plugins.

Here is what you need to do in order to get a free code:

1) Look at the list of default games here: http://www.rebrandsoftware.com/ScoreGeek

2) Look at the list of existing plugins here: http://boardgamegeek.com/thread/1041799/scoregeek-app-plugin...

3) Pick a game you want to score with ScoreGeek that is not on either list and post it here in a reply.

I will message you a promo code for the app store, create a plugin for your game and post it here on BGG.

Good luck!

-Mike

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alison Mandible
United States
Cambridge
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It would be great to be simple to score BattleCON or other "spindown" games (both players start with 20 life points, trying to reduce each other to zero, etc.) -- would that make sense in the ScoreGeek framework?

If not, my request is for Space Alert.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Gibson
msg tools
mbmb
Sure, BattleCON would work, you could either

a) start at 20 and use the app to keep track, adding or deducting points as you, or
b) skip to the final scores and record them

Then you would know who had the highest score of all time, win percentages, and other useful stats and post your game sessions directly to BGG.

I'll send you a code and create a BattleCON plugin (I'll probably create them all Thursday morning).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jon
United States
Edmond
Oklahoma
flag msg tools
admin
Convention Committee
badge
BGG.CON! BGG.CON SPRING! BGG@SEA!
mbmbmbmbmb
Core Worlds!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Gibson
msg tools
mbmb
AnakinOU wrote:
Core Worlds!

Core Words it is!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alison Mandible
United States
Cambridge
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
rebrandsoftware wrote:
I'll send you a code and create a BattleCON plugin (I'll probably create them all Thursday morning).

Neat! Thanks.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dustin Gervais
United States
Brooklyn
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Blood Bowl should be do-able. You could also track re-rolls remaining.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
robert kircher
United States
Rhode Island
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

Vegas Shown would be a good one.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Citizen Andrew
Canada
Montreal
Quebec
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Last Will

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
torontoraptors
Portugal
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Blood Bowl: Team Manager – The Card Game could be useful

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Luis Olcese
Argentina
Córdoba
Córdoba
flag msg tools
admin
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thurn and Taxis
Hansa Teutonica
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Gibson
msg tools
mbmb
torontoraptors wrote:

Is this the same thing that was mentioned by ZargonDDG?

ZargonDDG wrote:
Blood Bowl should be do-able. You could also track re-rolls remaining.

Yes, I can add a zero-value counter that simply allows you to track re-rolls remaining.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
torontoraptors
Portugal
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't think it's the same, I mean the card game.
Something to track Fans(Victory Points) and number of cheat tokens by player(might be harder but super awesome to avoid the fuss of the tokens until the last part) would be cool.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Esteban Vasquez
Colombia
Medellin
Antioquia
flag msg tools
100% Pure Colombian Geek
badge
Colombia is waiting for you, would you take the risk? (Video in my profile)
mbmbmbmbmb
We can keep "score" (Money) of Merchant of Venus classic version

And why not... a module for Merchant of Venus Standard edition... just keep track of Spaceports, Fame and all other things that gives VP.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Amy O'Neal
United States
Mechanicsville
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
King of Tokyo
Primordial Soup
Kingsburg

I think any (or all) of the three would be nice.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Clark
United States
Minneapolis
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I've added both Snowdonia and Navegador to my current scoring app and I think they might be good additions. This looks like a pretty great app, btw!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Gibson
msg tools
mbmb
Awesome, I will do my best to get all of these added.

I've sent out 10 codes so far. There are 10 remaining.

Also, just a heads up that you can't leave reviews if you got the app with a promo code. I would love to hear what you think of the app either here or in a private message, though, and I'm open to suggestions for future features.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Riedy
United States
Glen Ridge
New Jersey
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Survive!

Not that it's very complicated, but I play this a ton with my daughter and it'd be fun to track it over many plays.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Gibson
msg tools
mbmb
muzzynyc wrote:
Survive!

Not that it's very complicated, but I play this a ton with my daughter and it'd be fun to track it over many plays.

If it's not complicated it will that much easier to add.

I also play a lot of games with my daughter. She's only 5 so it's not exactly competitive yet, but she enjoys getting achievements with the app.

The only thing I don't like is that I wish I could keep the scores from my games with my daughter separate from the scores from my regular gaming group.

I think the solution is to add profiles to the app, each with their own players, scores and settings. That's something I'm considering for a future version because it's going to be a lot of work.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dwayne Hendrickson
United States
Oklahoma City
Oklahoma
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Tzolk'in: The Mayan Calendar

Is my contribution as a suggestion

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Craig.
United States
Cincinnati
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'd love to check out this app!

Is there an example/demo of the BGG play upload? I was curious if location, comments, BGG usernames, etc. can be included.

Also, is there a way to import my current BGG plays into the app to have it build statistics?

Oh, and the game I would love to see added for scoring is PAX (with and without PAX: Nocturnus). The game is great, but the scoring can be a bit tricky. I created a manual score sheet for it (here), but having a scoring app that can do it would be even better. Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Craig.
United States
Cincinnati
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
In addition to PAX, Finca is another one I'd live to see added and it's scoring is a bit more simplified than PAX.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls

msg tools
Archaeology: The Card Game
Hemloch
Parade
Keltis: Das Kartenspiel
Keltis: Der Weg der Steine Mitbringspiel
Zooloretto

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Gibson
msg tools
mbmb
shigadeyo wrote:
I'd love to check out this app!

Is there an example/demo of the BGG play upload? I was curious if location, comments, BGG usernames, etc. can be included.

Also, is there a way to import my current BGG plays into the app to have it build statistics?

Oh, and the game I would love to see added for scoring is PAX (with and without PAX: Nocturnus). The game is great, but the scoring can be a bit tricky. I created a manual score sheet for it (here), but having a scoring app that can do it would be even better. Thanks!

The way it works is you enter your BGG username and password and it automatically logs any game that has a BGG ID identified with it. It will send players, bgg username, scores, positions, win/lose, comments, location and duration and notify you that the game was posted. The win/mac version will also link to the new post.

I think I will be able to add importing of BGG plays, and exporting of data in XML or CSV formats, to a future version using the BGG xml2api. It may only be on the Win/Mac version, but of course it will cloud sync onto the iOS/Android versions from your computer (it's all cross platform).

I'm sure I can add PAX. The plugins are compatible with most games, but if there's something tricking like saving the score of one item and multiplying it against another item I would have to program that directly into the app (or possibly extend the plugins in a future version to handle variables).

Whew. Sorry for the long post. I will see what I can do with PAX tomorrow morning.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Luis Olcese
Argentina
Córdoba
Córdoba
flag msg tools
admin
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Valdora
Taj Mahal

Don't send me a code, you already did that

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.