Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Franco
Canada
Ottawa
ON
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I notice, in an act of true geekhood, that the hatches leading to the lifts have switched from ceiling floor (original) to floor ceiling (fresh version). Wouldn't that entail a flip in the direction of artificial gravity and some bad furniture implementation in the new old Feynman?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Tullsen
United States
VANCOUVER
WA
flag msg tools
designer
48 hour turnaround time for Prototypes!
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The map key (new version) doesn't specify which ones are ceiling and which ones are floor. The old map key does though. But both versions use the same direction arrows, so...they should be the same?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Franco
Canada
Ottawa
ON
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
No, the hatches in the corridors have switched direction. But I actually got it wrong. Up Arrow in the fresh version, and floor hatch (down arrow) in the original. Maybe my imagination has failed me here - but I suppose it's the original that would not have rotational artificial gravity placing your feet on the same surface as your furniture.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Tullsen
United States
VANCOUVER
WA
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Oh weird. The old map file I got from Neal has the arrows pointing up, which is what the artist based the new files on. But the original map, like you said, has the arrows going the other way.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Everything between now and the next game is just killing time
England
London
Agitation
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
If I remember correctly there was actually errata for this in the original... haha, found it!

Fat Messiah Games website wrote:
Map [correction] Given the way the Feynman spins to induce gravity in the ring section, the hatches to the lift shafts ought to be on the ceiling of the ring, not on the floor as depicted. This error has no effect on play, but is somewhat embarrassing. Thanks to Alan Hench for noticing it.

Truly geeky eratta
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Tullsen
United States
VANCOUVER
WA
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Matchstickman wrote:
If I remember correctly there was actually errata for this in the original... haha, found it!

Map [correction] Given the way the Feynman spins to induce gravity in the ring section, the hatches to the lift shafts ought to be on the ceiling of the ring, not on the floor as depicted. This error has no effect on play, but is somewhat embarrassing. Thanks to Alan Hench for noticing it.

Truly geeky eratta

Mystery Solved!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Franco
Canada
Ottawa
ON
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Howitzer_120mm wrote:
Matchstickman wrote:

Truly geeky eratta

Mystery Solved!

And gravity restored, in the new edition.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Neal Sofge
United States
Silver Spring
Maryland
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Those of you who have the original edition (or Andrew's reprint thereof) will note that there's a piece of artwork depicting the floor hatches, since the art staff took my deckplans quite literally.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.